An example of why the forum has issues...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigtruck260
    • Sep 2007

An example of why the forum has issues...

This kind of post is not about the game used hobby...and it does not benefit the collector. I am re-broadcasting it here because I don't think the mods will see it unless it's advertised under a different heading.

Sorry if this irritates anyone, but rarely do I get my feathers ruffled like this:

BTW, I did contact the mods...no response yet, but I imagine they will eventually take action.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic
  • 10thMan
    • Dec 2006

Re: An example of why the forum has issues...

Dave, ur not alone buddy!

My Grama used to say "A Wise Man speaks because he has something to say, a Fool speaks because he has to say something"

So True...I tend to ignore people that dont sign their posts/e-mails.

Sean

Comment

• ChrisCavalier
      Paid Users
      • Jan 1970

We are in the process of putting together a moderating committee that should help in monitoring situations like this. In the meantime, I have made the decision to ban one of the members that seemed to disrupt the positive environment of the forum.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly.
      Christopher Cavalier
      Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Comment

• allstarsplus
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by ChrisCavalier
        We are in the process of putting together a moderating committee that should help in monitoring situations like this. In the meantime, I have made the decision to ban one of the members that seemed to disrupt the positive environment of the forum.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly.
        Thank you Chris as I see you banned Yankees.Stub.

It did take too long in my opinion although I know you said you were tied up with some personal issues.

It has been 5 days of this guys nonsense and tough to read through anything.
        Regards,
        Andrew Lang
        AllstarsPlus@aol.com
        202-716-8500

Comment

• bigtruck260
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by allstarsplus
          Thank you Chris as I see you banned Yankees.Stub.

It did take too long in my opinion although I know you said you were tied up with some personal issues.

It has been 5 days of this guys nonsense and tough to read through anything.
          +1

Much appreciated Chris.
          Dave
          Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
          River City Redbird Authentics
          http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

• eisenreich8
            • Jun 2007

I would totally support a new and improved registration process that utilizes ONLY a valid credit card for a means of weeding out the people we are trying to bannish successfully. I log on at home and at work and my IP address is obviously different, so what's to preclude me from using multiple identities (which I do not do).

I belong to various other fora and I never have seen the level of undesirables that I see here. And I am not referring to ANY properly, currently registered member. Between the Civil War, boating and muscle car sites I have belonged to for years, moderators police the action fast, with conviction and finality. I am GLAD that Chris has deigned to do this, but the hell has all hours a day on their hands to police this mischief? He needs help and I hope that qualified, attentive moderators will answer Chris' call.

I have made some friends here through buying/selling and I look forward to more positive experiences and learning what I can from those who know a lot more about GU collecting than I do. I hope those with small minds and big egos will just.....go away, with finality.

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
              • May 2009

You cannot go te credit card route though because there are people that do not have a credit card, like me. This forum, is fine but you do have people that just like to cause problems. It's too bad, and I have no idea why this has to be the forum where people get so personal with attacks and all. So the next question is, what's the next username for yankees.stub?

Comment

• frikativ54
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by eisenreich8
                I would totally support a new and improved registration process that utilizes ONLY a valid credit card for a means of weeding out the people we are trying to bannish successfully. I log on at home and at work and my IP address is obviously different, so what's to preclude me from using multiple identities (which I do not do).
                The idea about a valid credit card is great. Thanks for bringing it up.
                Les Zukor
                bagwellgameused@gmail.com
                Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
                (617) 682-0408

Comment

• eisenreich8
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by LastingsMilledge85
                  You cannot go te credit card route though because there are people that do not have a credit card, like me. This forum, is fine but you do have people that just like to cause problems. It's too bad, and I have no idea why this has to be the forum where people get so personal with attacks and all. So the next question is, what's the next username for yankees.stub?

Let's take suggestions then for ID methods. What is yours? Leaving things the way they are is unworkable. Let's provide solutions instead of more obstacles. This place has proven it cannot be left to self-police so who has suggestions?

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
                    • May 2009

I have no suggestion at this point, but there are two other forums I am involved with (not sports related), and there has never been an issue. One forum is very large, and complex (with editing features!) but no problems and posting is easy. The best part is that everyone receives pm's and when one is received you get an email alerting you. I have no problem if someone is banned, and they want a second chance. But if you get that second chance, PLEASE take advantage of it and just work with everyone. I cannot tell you how helpful this forum has been to me, and couldn't be more thankful as a buyer and enthusiast.

Comment

• eisenreich8
                      • Jun 2007

I have no suggestion at this point, but there are two other forums I am involved with (not sports related), and there has never been an issue. One forum is very large, and complex (with editing features!) but no problems and posting is easy. The best part is that everyone receives pm's and when one is received you get an email alerting you. I have no problem if someone is banned, and they want a second chance. But if you get that second chance, PLEASE take advantage of it and just work with everyone. I cannot tell you how helpful this forum has been to me, and couldn't be more thankful as a buyer and enthusiast.

I find your answer to be a great one. It's strange how the forums you belong to and I belong to do not (often) exhibit the sigh-inducing garbage that has been common here for a good while.

I agree with posters who say it is harder to learn on this forum because of all the useless crud you have to wade through to find it. I do find material on a daily basis though that is valuable to me and comes free. For that, and to those who post such helpful info, I am in your debt.

Comment

• karamaxjoe
                        • Nov 2005

It pains me to actually get involved with threads like this, but if you want to rid this forum of the clowns just ignore their threads. The more you feed into people like yankees.stub, the more BS you're going to receive.
                        Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
                        ~ Bill Veeck

sigpic

Comment

• camarokids
                          • Jun 2006

You cannot go te credit card route though because there are people that do not have a credit card, like me.

Well then, they could also use your checking account to verify your identity, kinda like paypal verifies its members......
                          Thank you,
                          David

This is my email address here!
                          dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• rj_lucas
                            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by yankees.stub
                            ..... click on the USER CP ... modify your profile and please add me to your BLOCK LIST...
                            Chris, one thing you might consider if you haven't already is blocking the IP address of banned users.

This particular user, for example, was certainly well versed in the mechanics of your system, considering he'd only been a member for a week.

Not saying it's impossible, but factor in the topic spamming, the contrived 'broken English', and the rapid progression to meltdown, and it doesn't add up to 'new user'.

Of course, blocking an IP is not foolproof, but it's probably enough to disuade all but the most determined troublemakers.

Rick
                            rickjlucas@gmail.com

Comment

• punch
                              • Feb 2010

As a total noob on this forum, it really comes across that people are REALLY uptight around here.

Comment

Working...