PDA

View Full Version : When is the next GUU Auction?

longball
02-10-2010, 10:32 AM
When is the next GUU Auction? I've heard nothing and read nothing about it.

I have a few items I'm considering consigning with an auction house, and based upon the date of the next GUU auction, may put them on this site.

I'm still not that familiar with the different auction houses and am not sure where I'll get the best bang for my $$. A few of the items I'm considering are a Magic Johnson Rookie gamer, Rookie Jeter game used glove with Jeter letter that he provided with the glove when he donated it to a specific auction and also an all original Griffey Jr. 1989 Rookie shirt with Griffey LOA.

Can one of these moderators post the details of when the next aution is scheduled, when items are needed and also what the consignment rate is?

Thanks.
Ralph

Neely8
02-10-2010, 04:29 PM
All I hear is crickets.

longball
02-10-2010, 04:39 PM
All I hear is crickets.

Neely-

Since making my post, I've been in touch with a few of the major auction houses and a dealer who specializes in game used jerseys. From what I've been told, my items may very well bring far more than I expected.

Based on 6 hours passing since my initial request and no reply from any type of administrator (or for that matter, any other Forum readers), it's clear why the folks I spoke with today just laughed when I mentioned I was considering possibly consigning here.

Is this site just on autopilot?

Raplh

genius
02-10-2010, 05:03 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to discount GUU, my experience as a consignor was positive.

Lokee
02-10-2010, 05:31 PM
also as Chris pointed out in his post recently that "Recently, I have had some personal events come up that have prevented me from being able to monitor the boards on a regular basis." so that might be why you never got an answer try sending him a private message.

Lokee
02-10-2010, 05:33 PM
There is info posted on the auction page and this is the number listed 925.552.8023

TriplexXxSports
02-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Until issues around the board get handled, I would guess that another auction is off on the back burner.

rj_lucas
02-11-2010, 04:22 PM
longball, if you want to cut to the chase and get an auction-level price on the Jeter glove while saving yourself the 15% commission, I might be interested. Feel free to contact me.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

lund6771
02-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Been looking for a real Magic for a while...if yours is real I'll pay double what any auction house has realized...no brainer

pete@axelohman.com

sportscentury
02-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Been looking for a real Magic for a while...if yours is real I'll pay double what any auction house has realized...no brainer

pete@axelohman.com

Lund - What was your take on the Magic Johnson Lakers uniform that Dan Ceniceros (DC Sports) used to have listed on eBay for $30,000? I remember eyeing that for some time, but I don't know that era of Lakers jerseys all that well. Would love to hear your thoughts on it.