PDA

View Full Version : Randy Johnson Jersey ebay

nogloss
02-13-2010, 06:16 PM
I was looking for opinions on this jersey. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190371810852&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

From what I could find. Randy only pitched two games for the Sidewinders in April of 07. Based on the on-line photos and videos I could find, Randy wore a black and a cream jersey in his two games. Both Jerseys had the Sidewinders name on the jersey front, not the Tuscon name. I could only find team pictures from 08 with Sidewinders' players wearing the Tuscon front jersey. The COA does not state a year, so is it possible the jersey is from Randy's 08 rehab stint in Tuscon. Could not find photos of Randy's stint from 08.

Also, his Diamondbacks jerseys I have seen are size 50 +4 length. This jersey is a 52. Could this be normal for a rehab stint jersey? Opinions please.

sox83cubs84
02-14-2010, 08:30 PM
As far as the sizing, it's within the realm of possibility. It's very rare to encounter a minor league gamer with the special tailoring seen on MLB gamers provided by the supplier.

Dave M.
Chicago area

nogloss
02-14-2010, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the sizing input. Unless I can find evidence this was worn during his 08 rehab, I will have to conclude this was not worn by Randy.