PDA

View Full Version : Lou Gehrig "gamer"

Mark17
02-15-2010, 12:31 AM
Now this guy is offering a "Lou Gehrig" bat for a mere $180,000.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1923-25-Lou-Gehrig-Rookie-Year-Game-Used-Bat-w-COA-LOA_W0QQitemZ260553208811

What makes this a guaranteed Gehrig bat? Not the name on the barrel, not the side-writing. The way we know this bat was used by Lou is that it has a squared-off barrel, and Lou sometimes used similarly altered bats. Well, I would be doubtful, but there is a 2-page LOA and 2-page COA to put my concerns to rest.

You know... I have a 1965-68 Bob Saverine gamer here, and as I think about it, who's to say Frank Robinson, Mickey Mantle, AND Roberto Clemente didn't all use it at some point? They all used 35" bats during their careers, and the bat has ball and stitch marks on both sides of the barrel... All I need is an impressive LOA/COA and I could offer it for, let's see, what would be fair? $25,000.

spartakid
02-15-2010, 01:44 AM
As long as you use Microsoft WordArt as the font for your COA, you're golden. Who in their right mind could question a COA with 3-D words????

dirtyla2000
02-15-2010, 05:19 AM
I would like 2 please!

scottanservitz
02-15-2010, 09:03 AM
As long as you use Microsoft WordArt as the font for your COA, you're golden. Who in their right mind could question a COA with 3-D words????

Sparta,
Good one! I laughed out loud.

jbsportstuff
02-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Be careful Mark...you will receive a threatening e-mail that will cause you to shake in your boots from the seller. :)

You can read what they sent me in the "Bench Gamer" thread just below.

Seriously though..these people sale fake stuff and threaten legal action if you oppose them. How crazy is that?

The Bench was just awful...and now this one is beyond ludicrous.

gorilla777
02-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Check out the Q and A at the bottom of the eBay listing for the bat too.

Funny stuff....:D

Ben

MSpecht
02-15-2010, 01:25 PM
WOW !!!!!!! This might be funny if there was not a remote chance that some potential buyer might fall for this.

Mike

sayhey24
02-15-2010, 01:39 PM
I have a couple of bats that are cut off and match the specs of this Lou Gehrig "gamer" -- I'm assuming if I offer them to him for ten percent of their value, a mere 18,000 dollars each, he'll want to snap them right up.

I'm also amazed that everytime someone asks him a question about one of his items, he's immediately able to contact the authenticator, even on a weekend or a holiday.

And one other thing that I haven't seen mentioned here or on the Bench bat thread -- how about his response to momen55 -- he apologized for mistakes because the Bench bat authentication was a "rush job" done in the middle of authenticating hundreds of older vintage bats this week. What buyer isn't looking for a bat that was authenticated in a mere matter of minutes???

And finally Mark -- I believe that even though he retired several years earlier, Ted Williams used a 65-68 Bob Saverine for most of his career.

Greg

Mark17
02-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Thanks, Say Hey, you just added $10,000 to the value of my Saverine.

I did mention to the seller that H&B shipping records don't exist anymore for 1924, since he seems to think the absence of 1924 Gehrig orders in Vince's book is part of his "evidence." But obviously he's not interested in learning anything. It's pretty clear what he's trying to do, and he knows it.

sylbry
02-15-2010, 02:42 PM
Had anyone tried to figure out who Fohler and Paul Suerh are?

For an authenticator I would assume this should have been step one.

sylbry
02-15-2010, 02:59 PM
At this time I would like to take a moment to reveal a break through I just had regarding a bat in my collection. It has been determined that my 1961-64 LS Dick Stigman bat was used by Roger Maris to hit home run 55 during his historic 1961 home run season.

Roger Maris grew up in Fargo, ND while Dick Stigman grew up in Nimrod, MN, roughly 30 minutes to the east. They became friends playing on travelling ball teams in the upper midwest and stayed in contact after both reaching the majors. On September 7, 1961, Stigman's Indians were in the Bronx for a series against the Yankees. As a joke, Mickey Mantle hid every one of Maris' bats prior to the game's start. Maris, in desperation went to his old pal asking to borrow a bat, since the both preferred to use bats made of wood, specifically a LS model M110.

Maris went deep of Stigman that day for his 55th homer of the season. As a token of his appreciation, Maris provided Stigman with a case of Hamm's beer.

The authenticator has verified the facts of this story using our authenticating team members at the psychic friends hotline who contacted Roger and verified all stated events.

The price for this historic artifact is $25k. If you feel it may have been subsequently used to hit home run 56 and perhaps 57 I will be more than happy to consult with my authenticating team for their thoughts.

If you have any concerns please prove me wrong. :D

5kRunner
02-15-2010, 03:19 PM
I emailed him too about the Bench bat. The guy talks in circles in his responses.

Check out the "game worn" Bill Dickey chest protector. It was displayed in the HOF you know. ;)

I need to sell my dad's store model Mantle bat to this guy for a grand or so. - Just Kidding.:D

MSpecht
02-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Unfortunately I couldn't restrain myself and sent the seller this question, which he has not posted yet---

"Sir, you need to get your money back from the seller (if you bought it based on this ridiculous 'authentication') or from the 'authenticator' if you depended on his LOA. NOTHING about this bat suggests use by Lou Gehrig. There are many Gehrig order references in H & B records from Gehrig, INCLUDING from the 1924 ledger (which you say does not exist.) All DOCUMENTED orders and indexes are 35.5 inches or 36 inches between 1924 and 1930--nothing close to 34 inches --and all DOCUMENTED weights are between 36 oz and 40 oz through 1938---nothing even remotely close to this bat in weight (6-to-7 oz difference.) Also, the faulty analysis of the barrel labeling and side-writing is pure fantasy and laughable.I imagine now you will ask me "How can you prove that Gehrig never used this bat?" Well,I can't prove that Ty Cobb or Walter Johnson never used this bat either, but the bat is so totally uncharacteristic of Gehrig's DOCUMENTED records, that the liklihood of him ever using it is about zero.
To add to the errors in this auction, the bat in auction was not patterned after the bat that ultimately was assigned model number G76, as that bat was not patterned for Gehrig until 1927, after the manufacture date and return date of the bat in the auction. Plus,the bat that became the G76 was not the first bat patterned for Gehrig (as stated in your auction) as at least two bat models are DOCUMENTED as patterned for Gehrig at his request prior to the bat requested in 1927 (that was later assigned G76)---- those bats were patterned and indexed in 1925 and 1926. But, in actuality, none of the above information, which is totally inaccurately described in your auction, has any relevance to the bat in your auction as your bat has nothing to do with Gehrig or his H & B records or his bats."

Mike

sayhey24
02-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Mike --

But it has to be a Gehrig gamer -- it has ball marks on the right side of the barrel!!!

Greg

Mark17
02-15-2010, 10:12 PM
That's a Gehrig use characteristic!

sammy
02-15-2010, 10:41 PM
Would love to have this feature for my postings too.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Last edited by "fill in the blank" : Today at 08:00 PM."

spartakid
02-15-2010, 10:51 PM
Actually, I'm beginning to wonder if this guy actually believes this bat is legit. I mean, who in their right mind posts these questions if they are trying to sell a bat. Multiple outright fake claims (while clearly validated) will without question prevent his bat from being sold. So it seems either he believes what he's saying, or he is the WORST scam artist ever, showing negative questions/comments.

bigtruck260
02-16-2010, 01:27 PM
My favorite line from the description is....

!!!!! The Pictures shown with Lou Gehrig are NOT for sale and they are of this bat !!!!!

They are to help show you Lou Gehrig Using this Bat in 1923 and 1924

drizer7
02-16-2010, 02:23 PM
HAHAHAHAHA! What is this guy smoking? It's Gehrig bat but has another name stamped into the barrel- Paul Suerh!!?? He rambles incoherently in his responses on eBay. ABout this auction item-Permission granted from TSA. Classic stuff written on that auction item. Too funny.

momen55
02-16-2010, 05:19 PM
i am purplexed. unbelieveable and amazing at the same time. who is the tsa mystery authenticator? this auction and it's responses are quite comical.

i have photos of clemente using a knobless bat, so the clemente gamer i own is the one in the photos. how do i know, it matches. afterall, they are both knobless models, so why wouldn't my bat be the one he is using?

other players used knobless models as well. not to mention he used the G105, P100 and U1, which were all knobless. but the one i have i assure you is the one in the pics!:D

GoTigers
02-16-2010, 05:48 PM
I love the money back garauntee, and the three pages it takes to explain it. Basically, to get your money back (from TSA) you have to have a signed and notarized letter from Gehrig ,on a Yankee letterhead, that says he never used that particular bat.

This guy has to be seriously insane to go through with all this.. I mean best case scenerio is that somebody buys the bat, and this guy has six months to spend the money before he's in court.

I can just imagine this moron pulling an all nighter on Word to create his logo.. Contacting hologram suppliers.. Buying "antiqued" paper that perfectly matches his futuristic logo. Hilarious.

sylbry
02-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Let's assume that the seller is completely clueless (which I don't believe for a second, especially when he name drops Joe Orlando and Vince Malta).

This is my favorite line, "they [TSA] only charge me for what they will authenticate, not for what they will not..."

Now let's compare the authentication rates by one known bat authenticator:

Bat valued under $999 - fee is $75
Bat valued over $25,000 - fee is $500

I can see the exchange going something like this:

Seller: "I have this old bat with the name Fuhler stamped in the barrel. What do you think of it?"

TSA: "Oh, that is a Lou Gehrig rookie game used bat."

Seller: "How do you know? After all, the name Paul Suerh is hand written on it."

TSA: "Trust me, I have a picture. That will be $500."

sylbry
02-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Here is the stated terms of the money back guarantee. Items itallicized are comments made by me.

Total Sports Authenticators (TSA) will offer a 30 day money back guarantee from the time of a dated paid receipt of said item, to have said item thoroughly examined by a recognized third party expert, then returned to TSA with verifiable contradictory factual and historical evidence,(not opinions), such as, factory records, player characteristics, historical documentation, historical provenance, etc, to prove beyond all doubts that said item was willfully incorrectly and inaccurately authenticated by TSA.

So in order to get a refund you need to receive the bat, mail it to a 3rd party “expert”, have the document a negative (bat was not used by Lou) in detail as stated in the following paragraph, and mail it back to TSA (do they even provide their address?) all within 30 days. And what is this ‘dated paid receipt?” What seller’s offer a receipt?

The recognized third party expert must include a written, hand signed, and notarized statement on a company letterhead explaining in complete details their research that confirms the verifiable contradictory factual and historical evidence,(not opinions), such as stated above, that proves beyond all doubts that said item was willfully incorrectly and inaccurately authenticated by TSA.

Now TSA will then and only then issue a full refund to the inquiring owner of the dated paid receipt, including the cost of the authentication (if same owner, according to TSA records), within 30 days of the dated paid receipt, if all TSA policies, terms and conditions, stated above, are followed and a completely thorough and credible examination, stated above, by a recognized third party expert reveals and confirms verifiable contradictory factual and historical evidence,(not opinions), such as stated above, that proves beyond all doubts that said item was willfully incorrectly and inaccurately authenticated by TSA.

Credible by whom? And what is with the “proves beyond all doubts that said item was willfully incorrect…” statement. It appears three times. Do they really think that if they just screwed up but didn’t mean it then they are off the hook?

Now all Consigners, Auction Houses, Dealers, Collectors, and Sellers will not be held liable for full refunds of said item by TSA only if in complete compliance with TSA policies, terms, and conditions stated above regarding authentication of said item. Now all Auctioneers and/or Sellers are required, to be exempt from liability for full refunds of said item, (under TSA policies, terms and conditions), to include a complete and thorough description of said item providing detailed evidence, such as, manufacturing characteristics, player characteristics, historical documentations, historical provenance, etc, and must include the TSA Certificate of Authentication and Letter of Authentication. TSA will provide free appraisals and consultations to Auctioneers/Sellers, if needed.

All auctioners and sellers are REQUIRED to be exempt from liability? Good to know that TSA can grant that exemption. And what happens when TSA is unable to be contacted for refund? I mean contact info consisting of a P.O Box and a cell phone are not exactly inspiring. But don’t worry sellers, TSA said you are required to be exempt.

TSA will not be liable whatsoever for ANY ITEM (not in TSA Custody) that is lost, stolen, or damaged. TSA will not be liable whatsoever for ANY ITEM sold mismarked and/or inappropriately described, any unauthorized or illegal use of TSA Certificates of Authentication and/or Letters of Authentication, any unauthorized or illegal use of TSA names and/or labels. All controversies and/or claims arising out of TSA Authentication services will be adjudicated in the courts of Queens County, New York. In addition to all relief deemed appropriate by the court, the prevailing party (including TSA) shall be compensated for all attorneys fees and any other costs of litigation, even if that stipulation is not directly provided for by statute.

It would appear TSA is trying to scare you out of persuing legal action. First, you need to fly to Queens, and second, if you can not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the bat was not used by Lou Gehrig AND TSA willfully made an incorrect authentication, well then you owe TSA compensation.

I wonder if these fools really believe this language would protect them from legal action. However I don’t think they care. If someone ever paid a fair sum for the bat, TSA would cease to exist after payment reception.

This is called trying to pull a fast one. Plain and simple.

legaleagle92481
02-16-2010, 08:18 PM
TSA has a website and operates from a PO Box in Whitestone, NY. The site appears to be under construction as they promise to put a photo of their LOA on the site soon. Oddly the site lacks the names or any information about the "authenticators". Could the Ebay seller have set up TSA as part of an elaborate scam to give legitmacy to his item? If you compare the two, TSA's website and the auction listing appear to be written by the same person based on the language used. Also the listing says the item is in College Point, NY which like Whitestone is located in the borough of Queens.

sylbry
02-16-2010, 09:09 PM
I know I am beating a dead horse but this guy is just comical. Take this quote:

"When it comes to authenticating any bat and i mean any bat as being used by a certain player sometimes there are so many factors involved that goes well beyond just what can be found in H&B factory records alone. Especially when you consider the fact that many PRE-1930 H&B bat factory when and if they are found they are most of the time incomplete."

and

"However what does one do when faced with a bat that is not in that book such as the "1916 PHILIES MAJOR LEAGUE PLAYER WILBUR GOODE" he cant be found in that book yet nontheless i still authenticated his game used bat."

What type of factors do you think he considered when authenticating the Wilbur Goode bat? Known traits of Goode's game used bats? My guess is Wilbur Goode's name was stamped in the barrel. Yet for some reason a Fohler bat is a Lou Gehrig bat.

Or the better question is who do you think he attributed this bat to? Babe Ruth?

joelsabi
02-16-2010, 09:19 PM
Here are some Q&A from the listing for later reference since later the listing will be removed. It may also assist in discussion also.

Question & Answer Answered On
Q: Would you be willing to accept $125k for this? Feb-16-10
A: I WILL NOT ACCEPT A PENNY NOT UNTIL YOU TELL ME WHY YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY THIS MUCH FOR THIS BAT. BESIDES YOU HAVE NOT ASKED ME A QUESTION ON THIS BAT PLEASE DO SO ANY KIND OF QUESTION. PROVIDING YOU ARE BOTH WELL INFORMED ON WHAT THIS BAT IS AND A LEGITIMATE BUSSINESS PERSON THEN THE SKY IS THE LIMIT. BUT ONLY TIME WILL TELL IT ALWAYS DOES. THANK YOU

Q: Here are some of the problems with your listing and responses (even though you have not rsponded to my previous questions.) First, parts of the 1924 ledger do exist. An order from Gehrig on 7-5-1924 is 35.5 inches and 40 oz... That length and weight are consistent with all of Gehrigs's documented orders as to length (35.5 to 36 inches in all 21 orders through 1930) and weight 36 to 40 oz in over 50 orders through 1937.) Joe Orlando is coprrect--in the absence of documented records (of which there are plenty here), you need to depend on known facts, such as brandings, lengths, and weights to come up with possible and probable scenarios. The bat in this auction fails in all regards: the interpretation of the branded name and the side-writing is incorrect and is irrelevant to any association with Gehrig, and the length and weight of the bat are completely uncharacteristic of any of over 70 specific documented Gehrig orders, beginning in 1924. Feb-16-10
A: Im sorry i took this long to respond im not dodging & ducking from u just been a bit busy thank you for being patient. Im not a bat expert but i sure can tell a contradiction when i read one. Either the 1924 ledger does exist or it does not. Now the first part of the 1924 ledger does exist lolol wtf is going on here really now. I noticed you have read what "TSA" wrote in response to other questions by saying "JOE ORLANDO IS CORRECT". So you read that response u do agree JOE ORLANDO IS CORRECT but only he can do that no one else right MR. MLBBATMAN just him ok i see whats going on here now. Well im not buying ok i know a MONOPOLY when i smell one. Here is what "TSA" wrote me yesterday on the subject: "Even though the factory shipping records logbook is lost from 1924 what about 1923 his first year with the N.Y. YANKEES". What about 1923 MR. MLBBATMAN i can agree with u on 1924 ill take u at your word ok but what about 1923. Here is what else "TSA" said yesterday on the subject: I provided several pictures although i have many more just ask showing "LOU GEHRIG" in N.Y. Yankee Stadium on 6-16-1923 his ROOKIE year with the Yankees using this exact same bat 5 months before 10-15-1923 which is when he signed his H&B endorsement bat contract. On 6-16-1923 "LOU GEHRIG" did not have an H&B endorsement contract he did however 5 months later on 10-15-1923 so what bats did he use in 1923 his ROOKIE year with the N.Y. Yankees. What bats did he use MR. MLBBATMAN because if "TSA" has mislead and decieved me in any way i will not only take down this auction right away but i will also pursue legal action against them for fraud i promise. Remember now 1923 is the key year here specifically 6-16-1923. Also keep in mind "TSA" dates this bat as a 1923-25 label timeframe period based on the style of the centerbrand this is what they told me. I will await your factual response patiently.

Q: I assume you are using Vince Malta's book, "A Complete Reference Guide Louisville Slugger Professional Player Bats" as your source for saying Lou Gehrig didn't order any bats in 1924. Read page 44, the factory shipping records logbook from 1924 is lost. Since Gehrig signed an endorsement contract with Hillerich & Bradsby on October 15, 1923 (this info is also in the referenced book,) it would seem highly likely that he was in fact ordering his own signature model bats from them in 1924. Instead of asking others to prove your bat was not used by Gehrig, what evidence do you have to say it WAS? Feb-15-10

A: In response to your question here is what "TSA" wrote me: Vince Malta wrote a very good book really ahead of its time good work Mr Malta. I know the man good guy his partner lets just say i would not buy a used car from the man he hides a lot & always angry I dont trust him. I have read the book as you can tell i said it is a very good book. However what does one do when faced with a bat that is not in that book such as the "1916 PHILIES MAJOR LEAGUE PLAYER WILBUR GOODE" he cant be found in that book yet nontheless i still authenticated his game used bat. So what im trying to say is that this book was indeed a major source may i say major but by no means the only source. Even though the factory shipping records logbook is lost from 1924 what about 1923 his first year with the N.Y. YANKEES. This cant be found in this book either so what does one do when H&B bat factory records are incomplete or nonexistent. Well there are various fhotos of the era from 1923 including magazines,newspapers and sporting goods public catalogs. Which by the way i am reminded of what "JOE ORLANDO president of psa" said NOV 8, 2004 in a press release regarding that "babe ruth" bat that sold for over 1 millon dollars. He said "our experts also had to evaluate other pertinent documentation this included 1920s era newspaper articles,photographs and other material supporting its provenance that this was the bat used by babe ruth to hit the first home run in the inagural game at Yankee Stadium on april 18, 1923" his words exactly. I provided several pictures although i have many more just ask showing "LOU GEHRIG" in N.Y. Yankee Stadium on 6-16-1923 his ROOKIE year with the Yankees using this exact same bat 5 months before 10-15-1923 which is when he signed his H&B endorsement bat contract. On 6-16-1923 "LOU GEHRIG" did not have an H&B endorsement contract he did however 5 months later on 10-15-1923 so what bats did he use in 1923 his ROOKIE year with the N.Y. Yankees. thank you

Q: You are nothing more than a scam artist hoping some unsuspecting buyer buys your items. You answer questions with questions and provide no proof or "evidence" to support your claims. Other than a squared off end, how can this bat be linked to Gehrig. I'll patient wait for your questions back to me. Feb-15-10
A: Unsuspecting buyer r u serious. Did you even read the "LOA" my friend or u too r from the other side trying to stir the water of senseless strife. Read it then u can comment & please tell me what is wrong with it what fact is out of place not your personal emotions im not married to you lol ok. thank you

Q: If I am reading your description correctly you are stating that the bat has the name “Paul Suerh” and dated “11/18/25”. The bat has the name Fohler stamped but yet you would want us to believe that this was used by Lou Gehrig?! By this theory you could have any bat with this type of end from a similar period and just assume that "well must have been used by by one of the top players of that era. Why would you not assume it is from a regular player...maybe perhaps by one of the names actually on the bat. I believe in giving everyone the benefit of the doubt but this is absurd. Feb-15-10
A: Here is the response "TSA" gave me on your question. "When it comes to authenticating any bat and i mean any bat as being used by a certain player sometimes there are so many factors involved that goes well beyond just what can be found in H&B factory records alone. Especially when you consider the fact that many PRE-1930 H&B bat factory when and if they are found they are most of the time incomplete. What this means then is that one must be an authenticator to really know and prove such as in this case a real LOU GEHRIG game used bat. I said an authenticator not a bat grader there is a very big diff. Besides many dont really want the facts here on this bat they are just playing for the other side i know this until the other side starts losing then they will come to their senses. I encourage anyone to read the entire "LOA" first before jumping to conclusion." thank you

Q: You need to contact the person you got this bat from because they
lied to you. There is nothing about this bat that can tie it to Gehrig. I have many bats in my collection that have the end cut off from that era. You have a common bat that is worth no more than $50. Whatever fly-by-night authenticator examined this bat is nothing short of a complete idiot. Feb-14-10
A: I spoke to the authenticator & told him what you said. He told me to ask you what bats did GEHRIG use in 1923 & 1924 while with the N.Y. YANKEES. He said based on your answer you give me i will know if you are a fraud or not. Let me ask you a question now how do you know this bat is a fake and not used by LOU GEHRIG you may be right so if you are trying to help me please tell me how do you know this. I will be awaiting your response its important that you answer me please this is not my intention to lie and mislead anyone. thank you

5kRunner
02-17-2010, 07:43 AM
My guess is Wilbur Goode's name was stamped in the barrel.

The problem with the Goode bat is Wilbur Good doesn't have an "E" in his name. There are a couple Goode's, but apparently there is a tobacco card of Wilbur Good spelled Goode and that proves this is a Wilbur Good bat. And of course he has a fuzzy picture of Good using THIS bat. :D

All of his auctions are comical from the LOA's to claims of players using the bat from the auction in the pics to his incoherent responses.

According to a response to one of my questions, of course not posted on the auction. "I offer a 30 day money back guarantee." Which tells me the seller is TSA.

Utopian2630
02-17-2010, 09:00 AM
All joking aside, its a shame what we have here. Now, I highly doubt any experienced collectors would be fooled by this listing, but, as someone pointed out earlier, there's a remote chance that SOMEONE could legitimately fall for his nonsense a purchase this bat. Ebay generates a ton of traffic, and there are people out there who can buy things on a whim just based on a LOA or great sounding story, (just watch the Real Sports segment on YouTube where the guy who got scammed mentioned buying all of those bad autographs based soley on the fact that they had a silly LOA with them).

What's even worse is all of the 'red-tape' they would have to go through just to get their money back. From reading through the Q and A, like other people have said, its becoming fairly clear that this seller knows what they are doing. Reading between the lines, especially given the names they have dropped within the bat industry, they know exactly what they have and are trying to hide under the umbrella of 'tell me its NOT real'.

I don't think this seller is trying to attract/fool any of the experienced collectors out there. I think the seller is going after the person who is willing to buy into some long winded song and take the seller on face value. Its a shame too, because its stuff like this that really sours people on this hobby.

legaleagle92481
02-17-2010, 09:51 AM
All joking aside, its a shame what we have here. Now, I highly doubt any experienced collectors would be fooled by this listing, but, as someone pointed out earlier, there's a remote chance that SOMEONE could legitimately fall for his nonsense a purchase this bat. Ebay generates a ton of traffic, and there are people out there who can buy things on a whim just based on a LOA or great sounding story, (just watch the Real Sports segment on YouTube where the guy who got scammed mentioned buying all of those bad autographs based soley on the fact that they had a silly LOA with them).

What's even worse is all of the 'red-tape' they would have to go through just to get their money back. From reading through the Q and A, like other people have said, its becoming fairly clear that this seller knows what they are doing. Reading between the lines, especially given the names they have dropped within the bat industry, they know exactly what they have and are trying to hide under the umbrella of 'tell me its NOT real'.

I don't think this seller is trying to attract/fool any of the experienced collectors out there. I think the seller is going after the person who is willing to buy into some long winded song and take the seller on face value. Its a shame too, because its stuff like this that really sours people on this hobby.

I think it is pretty clear the seller is "TSA". If the bat sells the refund will not be an issue because noone will be able to find this guy. He knows what he is doing and is pertified of a setup look at the qs Joel cut and pasted from the listing. In one someone offers 125k and look at his response.

MSpecht
02-17-2010, 10:02 AM
Here is another part of his response that is pretty telling (emphasis mine):

However what does one do when faced with a bat that is not in that book such as the "1916 PHILIES MAJOR LEAGUE PLAYER WILBUR GOODE" he cant be found in that book yet nontheless i still authenticated his game used bat. So what im trying to say is that this book was indeed a major source may i say major but by no means the only source.

Mike

xpress34
02-17-2010, 10:08 AM
The problem with the Goode bat is Wilbur Good doesn't have an "E" in his name. There are a couple Goode's, but apparently there is a tobacco card of Wilbur Good spelled Goode and that proves this is a Wilbur Good bat. And of course he has a fuzzy picture of Good using THIS bat. :D

All of his auctions are comical from the LOA's to claims of players using the bat from the auction in the pics to his incoherent responses.

According to a response to one of my questions, of course not posted on the auction. "I offer a 30 day money back guarantee." Which tells me the seller is TSA.

5K -

Not only that, but in the Q&A Joel posted, he gives himself away as well:

Q: I assume you are using Vince Malta's book, "A Complete Reference Guide Louisville Slugger Professional Player Bats" as your source for saying Lou Gehrig didn't order any bats in 1924. Read page 44, the factory shipping records logbook from 1924 is lost. Since Gehrig signed an endorsement contract with Hillerich & Bradsby on October 15, 1923 (this info is also in the referenced book,) it would seem highly likely that he was in fact ordering his own signature model bats from them in 1924. Instead of asking others to prove your bat was not used by Gehrig, what evidence do you have to say it WAS? Feb-15-10

A: In response to your question here is what "TSA" wrote me: Vince Malta wrote a very good book really ahead of its time good work Mr Malta. I know the man good guy his partner lets just say i would not buy a used car from the man he hides a lot & always angry I dont trust him. I have read the book as you can tell i said it is a very good book. However what does one do when faced with a bat that is not in that book such as the "1916 PHILIES MAJOR LEAGUE PLAYER WILBUR GOODE" he cant be found in that book yet nontheless i still authenticated his game used bat. So what im trying to say is that this book was indeed a major source may i say major but by no means the only source. Even though the factory shipping records logbook is lost from 1924 what about 1923 his first year with the N.Y. YANKEES. This cant be found in this book either so what does one do when H&B bat factory records are incomplete or nonexistent. Well there are various fhotos of the era from 1923 including magazines,newspapers and sporting goods public catalogs. Which by the way i am reminded of what "JOE ORLANDO president of psa" said NOV 8, 2004 in a press release regarding that "babe ruth" bat that sold for over 1 millon dollars. He said "our experts also had to evaluate other pertinent documentation this included 1920s era newspaper articles,photographs and other material supporting its provenance that this was the bat used by babe ruth to hit the first home run in the inagural game at Yankee Stadium on april 18, 1923" his words exactly. I provided several pictures although i have many more just ask showing "LOU GEHRIG" in N.Y. Yankee Stadium on 6-16-1923 his ROOKIE year with the Yankees using this exact same bat 5 months before 10-15-1923 which is when he signed his H&B endorsement bat contract. On 6-16-1923 "LOU GEHRIG" did not have an H&B endorsement contract he did however 5 months later on 10-15-1923 so what bats did he use in 1923 his ROOKIE year with the N.Y. Yankees. thank you

- Chris

xpress34
02-17-2010, 11:06 AM
Just checking his feedback and past auctions...

Surprised he didn't try to sell these gloves as GAME USED:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260547155689

He definately implies it:

These Pictures are NOT for sale!!! They are to help show you the value of this rare item

LUKE APPLING HOLDING A SIMILAR GLOVE IN HIS HAND 1 (pic 9)

LUKE APPLING HOLDING A SIMILAR GLOVE IN HIS HAND 2 (pic 10)

LUKE APPLING NOTICE THE VERY SMILAR GLOVE HE IS HOLDING IN HIS HAND 1 (pic 11)

LUKE APPLING NOTICE THE VERY SMILAR GLOVE HE IS HOLDING IN HIS HAND 2 (pic 12)

Again:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260547176934

Implications:

3-5-1953 from far left gil hodges,jackie robinson,pee wee reese,billy cox NOTICE-BILLY COX FAR RIGHT with the DODGERS is using a PLAYMAKER 3 FINGER GLOVE IN THE MAJORS 1 (pic 9)

3-5-1953 from far left gil hodges,jackie robinson,pee wee reese,billy cox NOTICE-BILLY COX FAR RIGHT with the DODGERS is using a PLAYMAKER 3 FINGER GLOVE IN THE MAJORS 2 (pic 10)

Once more:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260545039346

Implications:

1953 MICKEY MANTLE NOTICE- the black patch on the glove he is wearing - A (pic 7)

1953 MICKEY MANTLE NOTICE- the black patch on the glove he is wearing - B (pic 8)

1953 MICKEY MANTLE NOTICE- the black patch on the glove he is wearing - C (pic 9)

1958 MICKEY MANTLE Rawlings baseball glove ad NOTICE-THE BLACK GOLD PATCH ON THE GLOVE MANTLE IS HOLDING - A (pic 10)

1958 MICKEY MANTLE Rawlings baseball glove ad NOTICE-THE BLACK GOLD PATCH ON THE GLOVE MANTLE IS HOLDING - B (pic 11)

Mickey Mantle and Enos Slaughter AUG 27, 1958 NOTICE-THE TYPE OF GLOVE MANTLE IS HOLDING IN 1958 IS VERY SIMILAR TO THIS BLACK PATCH 1958 GLOVE (pic 12)

And Finally, how about this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260542149876

He clearly has left himself exposed as the item was Certified by Justin Priddy (ACE) on Jan 17, 2010 per the LOA shown in the auction, the RE Certified by TSA 7 days later on Jan 24,2010 (I'm sure the same day the auction went up as it closed Jan 29th - 5 Day auction I'm guessing). But the wording in the TSA LOA almost makes me cry I'm laughing so hard... and I quote:

"The signature(s) described herein this document is in fact, with substantial evidence to back those facts, genuine and authentic."

He goes on to steal 'slant and flow, etc' descriptions right from Justin's COA, etc...

I would like to know what SUBSTANTIAL Evidence he has other than Justin's COA. Not questioning Justin, but the TSA LOA makes it sound like they were there at the signing or something.

The TSA LOA also goes on to state discuss their 'EXTENSIVE' TSA Library of Exemplars.

I would love to see this guy go down in flames....

- Chris

joelsabi
02-17-2010, 11:12 AM
5K -

Not only that, but in the Q&A Joel posted, he gives himself away as well:

- Chris

Chris,

I am reading the "I" in your emphasis to be the seller and not TSA. His answer starts with "In response to your question here is what "TSA" wrote me:" so any reference to "I" after that is TSA not the seller.

xpress34
02-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Joel -

Gotcha! I'm researching all of his past and current auctions and matching Cert dates to auction start/end dates and am about to write him and see what his explanation is if he is NOT in fact TSA, how he gets his certs with pics (including the updated Gehrig Cert) so quickly if he and TSA live o far apart now as he has previously claimed...

And while I'm at it, here is a better example of him trying to push a glove as Game Used, while walking the fence and not quite jumping in with both feet:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1949-Phil-Rizzuto-Spalding-Vinatge-Glove-Model-1173_W0QQitemZ260550776775QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVinta ge_Sports_Memorabilia?hash=item3caa0957c7

1949 Phil Rizzuto Spalding Vintage Glove, Model #1173

This old glove has heavy use, still a great glove

Strong possibilty Phil Rizzuto Used This Glove

See the other pics (NOT 4 SALE) to decide for yourself

and do your own research and ask around

Still a Great Collectible if its not

These Pictures are NOT 4 SALE!!! They are to help show you the value of this rare item

1949 FRANK SINATRA HOLDING MICKEY MANTLES GLOVE IN YANKKE STADIUM DUGOUT TALKING WITH FHIL RIZZUTO ON THE RIGHT-NOTICE RIZZUTOS GLOVE HAS NO RAWLINGS OR SPALDING PATCH & NO ANCHORED WEB IN 1949 a (pic 4)(NOT 4 SALE)

1949 FRANK SINATRA HOLDING MICKEY MANTLES GLOVE IN YANKKE STADIUM DUGOUT TALKING WITH FHIL RIZZUTO ON THE RIGHT-NOTICE RIZZUTOS GLOVE HAS NO RAWLINGS OR SPALDING PATCH & NO ANCHORED WEB IN 1949 b (pic 5)(NOT 4 SALE)

1949 FRANK SINATRA HOLDING MICKEY MANTLES GLOVE IN YANKKE STADIUM DUGOUT TALKING WITH FHIL RIZZUTO ON THE RIGHT-NOTICE RIZZUTOS GLOVE HAS NO RAWLINGS OR SPALDING PATCH & NO ANCHORED WEB IN 1949 c (pic 6)(NOT 4 SALE)

1953 BOWMAN COLOR PHIL RIZZUTO ON THE RIGHT & BILLY MARTIN CARD #93 NOTICE-THE GLOVE PHIL RIZZUTO IS HOLDING HAS NO ANCHORED WEB IN 1953 a (pic 7)(NOT 4 SALE)

1953 BOWMAN COLOR PHIL RIZZUTO ON THE RIGHT & BILLY MARTIN CARD #93 NOTICE-THE GLOVE PHIL RIZZUTO IS HOLDING HAS NO ANCHORED WEB IN 1953 b (pic 8)(NOT 4 SALE)

FHIL RIZZUTO JUMPING & MADE THE CATCH -NOTICE THE INSIDE RIM OF THE GLOVE RIZZUTO IS HOLDING a (pic 9)(NOT 4 SALE)

FHIL RIZZUTO JUMPING & MADE THE CATCH -NOTICE THE INSIDE RIM OF THE GLOVE RIZZUTO IS HOLDING b (pic 10)(NOT 4 SALE)

PHIL RIZZUTO NOTICE-there is no spalding or rawlings patch on his glove & NO ANCHORED WEB 1 (pic 11)(NOT 4 SALE)

PHIL RIZZUTO NOTICE-there is no spalding or rawlings patch on his glove & NO ANCHORED WEB 2 (pic 12)(NOT 4 SALE)

I know some would say I'm beating a dead horse, but if we're going to try and clean up our hobby, I believe in FULL transparency by bringing to light EVERY example of a percieved fraud's work that we can.

All the best -

Chris

Rob L
02-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Florin Cincu, the fine authenticator with TSA, lives in College Point, NY according to the internet. The seller is from College Point, NY. Definitely one and the same!

justinlm24
02-17-2010, 02:25 PM
good too see my post gets removed....guess some people just don't want to hear the truth....now i remember why i stopped posting here....

xpress34
02-17-2010, 02:29 PM
good too see my post gets removed....guess some people just don't want to hear the truth....now i remember why i stopped posting here....

Justin what posts and what truths? Just curious...

- Chris
xpress34@comcast .net

justinlm24
02-17-2010, 02:54 PM
not worth my time to post it again....obviously the mods don't want to hear it...so oh well...

xpress34
02-17-2010, 03:13 PM
Justin -

You can PM me or eMail me - eMail is below my name in the previous post.

I just sent these two messages to the seller on eBay and am awaiting his responses:

Let me start by stating that YES, I am indeed from the GUU community (xpress34 there) and I have a few questions I would like for you to address if you would be so kind:

#1) Why would you question a substantial offer for an item (the $125,000 one listed in your questions) unless you were hoping to uncover something that you KNOW that YOU (yes you MR TSA) had missed that could actually prove the provenance of this bat.

#2) In the Bench auction, you claim you and TSA are not the same - maybe you're not - but you know each other, or you are a sham operation as the address for TSA is in Whitestone (still on their LOAs printed as recently as last week - NOT 5 years ago when you claim the authenticator moved). 'His' address (Mr Cincu) is in Maspeth and you are in College Point. You make it sound like you are SO far apart - yet you are less than 10 miles apart no matter how you cut it. If that is NOT true, please give TRUE address (and name) for yourself, TSA and Mr Cincu. (to be cont.)

Followed by this:

(cont.) My 'other' questions...

I notice all of your completed auctions had items Certified by ACE until the Mantle AU napkin - which TSA 'recertified' just 7 days later? (ACE Cert 1/17/10 - TSA Cert 1/24/10 and SOLD just 5 days later?) That's some quick authenticating... what 'substantial evidence' (on their COA) did TSA add beside's Justin's COA?

After that, ALL of your items have TSA certs with very short turn times from the date of Cert to the sell date - yet you had pics of the Certs up already when the auction started??? You must be magic or connected to TSA. Dates don't lie.

Finally - you went on at lengths to support Justin (ACE) and slam other Authenticators and drag out dirty laundry... but you failed to mention this case: Restivo v. Cincu, 2003-05319, 2003-05325, (Docket No. F-1717-00) , SUPREME COURT OF NEW YORK, APPELLATE DIVISION, SECOND DEPARTMENT, May 14, 2004 (Yes, that Cinco is Florin Cincu - TSA's authenticator) Jail Time? Interesting. Write back for more.

1st let me say that multiple searches have VERIFIED this:

There are 2 people with the name "Florin Cincu" in the United States.

Florin Cincu
6041 55th St
Maspeth, NY 11378-3328
(718) 386-4710

The other 'listing' in COLLEGE POINT goes right back to the listing above.

A whole 8.7 miles from Maspeth to Whitestone (14 minutes - 30 minutes in traffic per Google maps)

A whole 2.3 miles from Whitestone to College Point (8 minutes per Google Maps)

A whole 8.5 miles from College Point to Maspeth (13 minutes - 25 minutes in traffic per Google maps)

KNOWN Aliases

* Florian Cincu
* Florin Cinco
* Slorin Cincv
* Cincu Florin
* Incu Florin

KNOWN Relatives

* Floria Cincu
* Violetta Cincu

The jail time has nothing to do with authentication, but it does go to the authenticator's 'character'... he fought his (NY Supreme Courts Words, not mine) 'willful failure to pay' (child support) all the way to the NY Supreme Court and 'he was properly committed to jail for six months on a contempt petition'.

I'm sorry, but I have a child (step-son) who I love dearly and his 'donor' as my wife calls him is a dead beat dad too who tried to fight the measly $200 the courts awarded my wife while still failing to cove my sons medical at ANY time - even though the court ordered him to. In fact he was in arrears (almost $5,000) until he joined the Army and I contacted his 1st Shirt and now the Army draws the Support from his pay every month. (Just my .02 worth - this is a VERY personal issue for me)

So I'll wait and see what 'Mr TSA' has to say... I don't really expect an answer to my questions as I didn't leave any loopholes for him to squirm through.

- Chris

xpress34
02-17-2010, 03:23 PM
FYI -

Just for clarification from my previous post - I am in NO WAY Defaming, or Connecting Justin and ACE to this eBay Yahoo... just stating the facts from one of his auctions.

I have NO issues with Justin or ACE.

- Chris

xpress34
02-17-2010, 04:08 PM
This has to be my favorite question:

Q: Would you be willing to accept $125k for this? Feb-16-10 A: I WILL NOT ACCEPT A PENNY NOT UNTIL YOU TELL ME WHY YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY THIS MUCH FOR THIS BAT. BESIDES YOU HAVE NOT ASKED ME A QUESTION ON THIS BAT PLEASE DO SO ANY KIND OF QUESTION. PROVIDING YOU ARE BOTH WELL INFORMED ON WHAT THIS BAT IS AND A LEGITIMATE BUSSINESS PERSON THEN THE SKY IS THE LIMIT. BUT ONLY TIME WILL TELL IT ALWAYS DOES. THANK YOU

Have any of you ever scoffed in the face of an offer like this before? So what If I offered to pay his price? Would he still ask why I'm willing to pay what he is asking so he can pull the auction and ask for more??? (No that I'm the one who asked that question, because I'm not)

LMAO!!!

- Chris

jbsportstuff
02-17-2010, 04:15 PM
The esteemed seller cancelled all the bids on the Bench "Gamer." Maybe he needs to have TSA change the LOA AGAIN. Laughable.

I'm not sure which auction is funnier..the "Gehrig" bat or the Dickey chest protector.

They have to be the BEST photo matchers in the world.

Really though this is sad. These people try to put a black mark on the game used market.

xpress34
02-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Here's his 'questions' on the Dickey Chest Protector:

http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/x.gif Question & Answer Answered On Q: I was inquiring about this game used chest protector. Being a collector of Goldsmith equiptment, what make this any different than the store model protector. There are no distingishing marks on a Store vs Game model at this time in the companys history and was wondering what provinance if any this piece of equiptment has other than your own letter with it. Feb-14-10 A: Great question: This is what i was told by "TSA" on the matter. Provinance most of the time is made up by money hungry people so beware this is according to "FBI" stats. In many ways there is no way of telling a store vs a game model not without deep reasearch. Unlike today in those days players used store model gloves & whatever other kind of equiptment they needed including bats. When it came to bats however they atleast had H&B to order bats from not the same with game equiptment. Ill await for your response before i go further. Q: Do you have any HOF paperwork or photos showing this actually displayed in the HOF? How do you know it came from there? How did you come to own it? Ken Feb-14-10 A: ALL THE INFO NEEDED ON THIS ITEM WILL BE GIVEN TO THE WINNING BIDDER ALTHOUGH IM A BIT SHOCKED AT YOUR INTEREST IN THIS ITEM. ITS REALLY NO BIG DEAL IF YOU THINK THIS IS SOMETHING THEN YOU HAVE NOT SEEN NOTHING YET. Q: How do you know this diplayed in the HOF? And since they don't sell anything, how did you come to own it? Ken PS: What did that authenticator say about the Bench bat lacking a model number? Feb-13-10 A: The Hall of Fame takes many authentic items on consignment and/or donations from private collectors to display at the Museum. The Hall of Fame also acquires items for its collection through gifts from the general public and amateur/professional baseball organizations. All items submitted to the Hall of Fame are reviewed by members of the Museum's Accessions Committee. They accept only those items of historic significance that support the Museum's education and exhibits. Only items become registered artifacts when the committee gives thier approval. I am the private collector who owns this Bill Dickey Game Used Registered Artifact that was on display at the Hall of Fame Museum. Any further questions feel free to ask, thank you Ask seller a question (http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ShowCoreAskSellerQuestion&requested=nycsportsstore4u&iid=260552281483&frm=2633&redirect=0&SSPageName=PageAskSellerQuestion_VI)

And the question I just sent:

Really??? You'll ONLY give the info to the WINNING BIDDER??? Why? So he will be stuck in a LEGALLY BINDING agreement with you and you and TSA have your refund policy set up so as to try to avoid any complicity in an obvious conspiracy? How will I know for sure about the 'provenance' of the Chest Protector? Your word?
Why did you pull the Bench Bat, but Not the Gehrig? I will calmly await your answers... just like the others you have as yet to answer.

This is a great way to spend a sick day at home!!! It's kept me busy at least!

- Chris

jbsportstuff
02-17-2010, 05:25 PM
My understanding, and it maybe a wrong one, is that the HOF owns everything that it displays. I maybe way off base here...but if that is the case, then this is just another mis-truth about the chest protector.

bigtruck260
02-17-2010, 05:34 PM
My understanding, and it maybe a wrong one, is that the HOF owns everything that it displays. I maybe way off base here...but if that is the case, then this is just another mis-truth about the chest protector.

I am searching...I KNOW we just had a thread about this...

xpress34
02-17-2010, 05:58 PM
I am searching...I KNOW we just had a thread about this...

Dave -

I'm sure we did too... I'm just looking for every lie I can catch this guy in so I can have him booted from eBay as a Fraud.

- Chris

xpress34
02-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Dave -

It was in this thread here...

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=31081&highlight=hall+fame

- Chris

MSpecht
02-17-2010, 07:36 PM
Here is another thought from a forum member that I have had exchanges with:

"My initial impression of him is that he's insane. This may still prove to be true. But the more I slog my way through his words, I really wonder if he's something more than just a guy selling on ebay. He keeps preaching about truth and railing against "supposed experts." He has said that he will only give his findings and proof to the winners of his auctions. Now, he's turning down decent offers, questioning buyers' motives.

Which makes me think this: perhaps he's doing some sort of experiment! Writing a book? Trying to uncover the gullability of collectors? Two things he keeps repeating are "he doesn't do this for money," and "we'll all see the light soon." He obviously isnt' selling for money, why else post these asinine Q's and A's? And if he were a common crook, why hasn't he told anyone to go to hell yet?

I think he wants the reactions and the hullabaloo. He's doing something with all this, and I just don't think it's selling garbage on ebay."

Any thoughts ??

Mike

Mark17
02-17-2010, 08:29 PM
I've been wondering about the psychology behind this, too. It's the only interesting part of all this, as the items are clearly misrepresented. One thing the seller said that has stuck in my mind:

"Vince Malta wrote a very good book really ahead of its time good work Mr Malta. I know the man good guy his partner lets just say i would not buy a used car from the man he hides a lot & always angry I dont trust him. I have read the book as you can tell i said it is a very good book..."

So, apparently he references Vince's book and personally knows John. He also mentions other authenticators he's somewhat familiar with, and he says he reads these message boards.

My best guess is that what this is REALLY about is that he's trying to advertise his grading service. You know, for people who might have an item that wouldn't pass any responsible authentication process. If you analyze all his listings, and his comments, he spends a lot more time talking about "TSA", and, as Mike points out, downgrading other authenticators, than he does about his items for sale.

I think he's trolling for questionable items to authenticate. He didn't put all that effort into that 4-page LOA/COA, with all its disclaimers, etc., just to use it for a few items.

That's just my latest thought.

Or, he might be insane. http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

jbsportstuff
02-17-2010, 09:51 PM
The only thing I can say that might contradict this whole psychology thing is the fact that he threatened me with a lawsuit and made it very clear that he would come after me if I, in any way, got the auction stopped by Ebay. He was pretty vindictive in his threats. Here it is again:

My highly reputable and reliable sources tell me you are attempting to contact ebay with the intentions of taking down the bat. First, I will tell you that you are in way over your head with this. My Professional reputation is seriously impeccable, highly decorated, and extremely credible. Second, you must provide solid evidence, especially if this auction gets taken down based on opinions and assumptions by you (who is not a qualified expert), I assure you this will lead to legal matters and I will take this case to court, not only against ebay, also you seperately. I will also assure you that not only will I provide the evidence to the validity of this bat, I will then provide the evidence to slander, malicious gossip, defamation of character, calumniation and harassment on your part. Third, I have commited no crime, nor have I committed any illegal action by listing this bat. I and TSA have provided a 30 day money back guarantee to protect any buyer of which will be honored. I have solid hard evidence of the validity of this bat of which I will provide only to a court of law and/or the buyer upon request (I will not get entangled in the gossip you have initiated). Fourth, but not least, I have rights as well as you, and if you confidently wish to violate those rights, provided you have the evidence, then by all means do proceed. I will assure you, if and when this legal battle begins, I will not stop and show mercy , I will prove my case beyond all reasonable doubts and I will be, in addition to all relief deemed appropriate by the court, will also be compensated for all attorneys fees and any other costs of litigation. This is not a game and I hope you are fully prepared, and for the record I do hope this all gets get brought public and the "so called" experts get involved. This is why I have not entertained your foolish gossips, nothing solid will ever come from it. It will serve no purpose to debate foolishly with gossipers, that is not my battlefield.
- nycsportsstore4u

So there you have it....

Mark17
02-18-2010, 09:51 AM
This, from his latest reply:

You are head and shoulders about the average person in this life yes ill give you that "MIKE" but no match for "TSA" these are scholars, philosophers, doctors, lawyers, lawmen etc at levels you wont even see in movies. One of these men has met Gehrig personally recently thats right you read right.

Okay... nothing wrong with being an educated professional, but my guess is, your average philosopher or lawman probably doesn't know a lot about old pieces of wood once used to hit baseballs.

And, of course, in his list of the esteemed professionals who comprise TSA, he left of the most critical one, the psychic who recently spoke to Gehrig.

momen55
02-18-2010, 12:01 PM
"One of these men has met Gehrig personally recently thats right you read right".

i thought gehrig was dead? is he hiding at graceland with elvis? what a dope. i guess he doesn't realize how foolish he sounds.

soxfan
02-18-2010, 12:26 PM
This has become some very entertaining reading for me for the last couple of days.....and the new twist is that he knows someone who has recently spoken to/met Lou Gherig....I love it!

Cant wait to read the "next episode"....

Jeremy
macleodjeremy@hotmail.com

legaleagle92481
02-18-2010, 01:52 PM
"One of these men has met Gehrig personally recently thats right you read right".

i thought gehrig was dead? is he hiding at graceland with elvis? what a dope. i guess he doesn't realize how foolish he sounds.

Not only is he dead but he has been for 69 years! Probably longer than anyone on this board has been alive. Needless to say I doubt there are many people who have met Gehrig when they were an adult who are still with us.

legaleagle92481
02-18-2010, 02:00 PM
I am convinced this is a former forum member who did this knowing it would eventually end up on here and generate alot of discussion and he is sitting back reading what we right and cracking himself up and also enjoying being the center of attention. The guy probably got this stuff cheap maybe at a yard sale somewhere, knows he will never sell it so he is techincally not breaking the law and just has an abundance of free time to dream all of this stuff up. If you recall a few forum members in one of the authenticator threads used "TSA" but referring to a four letter word rather than "Sports" as the S to insult authenticators.Someone should arrange to send junk for TSA to authenticate and see what happens.

bigtruck260
02-18-2010, 04:04 PM
I am convinced this is a former forum member who did this knowing it would eventually end up on here and generate alot of discussion and he is sitting back reading what we right and cracking himself up and also enjoying being the center of attention. The guy probably got this stuff cheap maybe at a yard sale somewhere, knows he will never sell it so he is techincally not breaking the law and just has an abundance of free time to dream all of this stuff up. If you recall a few forum members in one of the authenticator threads used "TSA" but referring to a four letter word rather than "Sports" as the S to insult authenticators.Someone should arrange to send junk for TSA to authenticate and see what happens.

+1

Remember Vic Fanatic? Yankees.stub?

I was thinking about him when I read his responses. It is someone who has more than a basic knowledge of the industry...

legaleagle92481
02-19-2010, 01:38 PM
+1

I was thinking about him when I read his responses. It is someone who has more than a basic knowledge of the industry...

That is the former member I had in mind.

Mark17
02-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by bigtruck260 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=188961#post188961)
+1

Do you remember his exact username? This site has a search engine and it would be interesting to see if the writing patterns are consistent (run-on sentences, yet generally decent spelling, etc.)

He made a comment about other authenticators costing him (or TSA, pretending for a moment there is a difference) a lot of money. So I'm wondering if there's a grudge of some sort being played out here.....

legaleagle92481
02-20-2010, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by bigtruck260 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=188961#post188961)
+1

Do you remember his exact username? This site has a search engine and it would be interesting to see if the writing patterns are consistent (run-on sentences, yet generally decent spelling, etc.)

He made a comment about other authenticators costing him (or TSA, pretending for a moment there is a difference) a lot of money. So I'm wondering if there's a grudge of some sort being played out here.....

It was Yankees.stub, he specialized in bad grammar and run on sentences, claimed to be from NY and that he had all these amazing items (Lebron, Kobe, Montana and Marino gamers from UDA) that he refused to post pics of.

BradleyERyon
04-24-2010, 02:03 PM
He's now listing a Mantle "rookie" fielding glove for a mere $480,000. I won't waste my time or yours picking through the inaccuracies in the listing. This guy has a lot of free time on his hands.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1952-Mickey-Mantle-Rookie-Year-Game-Used-Glove-wCOA-LOA-/260591632927?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cac78c21f