PDA

View Full Version : Joe D Used A's Jersey

BULBUS
06-26-2006, 10:10 AM
For those of you interested, here is a Joe DiMaggio used jersey from his days with the Oakland A's.:

http://auction.steinersports.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=69260190&prmenbr=55076099&aunbr=69606900

hblakewolf
06-26-2006, 10:18 AM
The current bid is $2,025 and the listing indicates the reserve is not met. If their past pricing on game used equipment is any indication (I was quoted $14,000 for a game worn Jeter batting helmet) , what can one expect the reserve to be set at on this particular jersey? $100,000?

Just curious.....

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

suave1477
06-26-2006, 10:20 AM
Well I have to do a Phil Rizzuto impresiion here HOLY COW!!! wow what a rare peice this is better then waht was in the Joe Dimaggio Auction a couple of months back. I hope every one saved there scheckles for this one.

BULBUS
06-26-2006, 10:36 AM
It is the first time that I have seen Steiner put a reserve on one of their auctions, but maybe the reserve isnt as high as you think?? The stuff on their auctions go for much less than their "retail". Its already out of my price range though, so I wont be bidding. It is a cool jersey though.

sammy
06-26-2006, 01:16 PM
What torks me is that Steiner is charging another 5 percent penalty on top of your bid, for something they already own.

Wish I could do that on my eBay auctions.

BULBUS
06-26-2006, 01:24 PM
What torks me is that Steiner is charging another 5 percent penalty on top of your bid, for something they already own.

Wish I could do that on my eBay auctions.

Exactly Sammy! When they first started charging that 5% penalty, I sent them an email asking how they can charge a premium on their own auctions. Auction house charge a premium because they are providing a service, selling items for their customers. Needless to say, they never responded. I used to bid on many of their auctions, now its just once in a while. It has to be a real bargain or something I really want for me to bid.

weimerskirch
06-26-2006, 02:06 PM
This jersey could be the same one that sold in Geppi's last auction for about $5K plus hammer. The interesting item noted here is that when I went to the website the last three bids were by Steiner!!! Now this could be someone with the same name, but has nothing to do with the auction, but Steiner Sports should not allow this person to use that name to bid on any auction. If it is Steiner Sports that this blows away shrill bidding and I will drop them an email to ascertain what is going on here.

Mark

suave1477
06-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Where did you see it on Geppi's? I just looked on there and there is nothing there?

sammy
06-26-2006, 04:41 PM
Is this BLATANT shill bidding by STEINER AUCTIONS?

http://auction.steinersports.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/Bidok.d2w/report?Krypto=UPYGi6c3fm1sA8EQx%2FpjizWcBfeTp7aBAX 17wKwuKxGbsYwfo3%2FU599qSLIqxxaqEzlV7qbmlcAD3rSASf av0SMRrUiCjZdShxvy9PHm2CQHdrgt3YRF7o%2FGfjVDeZ59e7 aClKeY6ZGWcnbYu1lI%2BFA%2FSVkP3UhEBOuSbVFsh2mPUU41 h%2FlVgg%3D%3D

Eric
06-26-2006, 04:45 PM
Did you call them or email them to find out?????? You cannot come on here and say that without any proof. This is completely irresponsible. If you have facts, you can make a conclusion, until then do your work to get an answer.
Eric

weimerskirch
06-26-2006, 04:47 PM
Sammy,

This is a question that needs to be asked to Steiner. This does indeed look like the exact same Dimaggio sold in the last Geppis Auction for $5,500.00 so their reserve is probably close to that.

Suave- Go to Geppis website and go to search...type in Oakland or Dimaggio and the jersey will come up.

I will send the question off to Steiner.

Mark

Eric
06-26-2006, 04:56 PM
EVERYONE-

IT TOOK ME 5 MINUTES TO RESEARCH IT, BUT HERE'S A POSSIBLE ANSWER- THIS IS WHY WE SHOULD NOT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS

I DIRECT EVERYONE TO A PREVIOUS THREAD ABOUT A STEINER AUCTION WHERE THE SAME QUESTION CAME UP.
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=737&highlight=steiner+outbid
FELLOW FORUM MEMBER JIM CARAVELLO REVEALED HE WAS LISTED IN THE SYSTEM AS "STEINER."

weimerskirch
06-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Eric,

I hope your last posting is not directed towards me. I have been very professional in every posting I make on this website and all others. I have sent an email to Steiner simply asking them to clarify why the name "Steiner" has made three bids on this auction. Once they email me back I will post on this website.

Eric
06-26-2006, 05:03 PM
Eric,

I hope your last posting is not directed towards me. I have been very professional in every posting I make on this website and all others. I have sent an email to Steiner simply asking them to clarify why the name "Steiner" has made three bids on this auction. Once they email me back I will post on this website.

It was not directed toward you. The content of your posting was responsible.

It was in response to Sammy who unfairly brought up shill bidding.

sammy
06-26-2006, 05:09 PM
Eric,

The bidding by "Steiner" was brought up in this post. I placed the link for others to view the bidding by "Steiner".

Asked a legitimate question, and I did call Steiner Auctions and talked to two different people. Neither of these could verify this question either way.

Just back off with your tone.

weimerskirch (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/member.php?u=808) http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/statusicon/user_online.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_14196", true);

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/icons/icon1.gif Re: Joe D Used A's Jersey
This jersey could be the same one that sold in Geppi's last auction for about $5K plus hammer. The interesting item noted here is that when I went to the website the last three bids were by Steiner!!! Now this could be someone with the same name, but has nothing to do with the auction, but Steiner Sports should not allow this person to use that name to bid on any auction. If it is Steiner Sports that this blows away shrill bidding and I will drop them an email to ascertain what is going on here.

Mark

trsent
06-26-2006, 05:24 PM
I believe Steiner has bidders who's names appear as "Steiner" but it is a real bidder. I believe they once gave an explanation that they offer bidders to be kept private or something of that nature, so it just shows up as "Steiner" on the web site.

weimerskirch
06-26-2006, 05:46 PM
Team,

Here is Steiner's lighting quick response:

We checked and someone must have a wrong email field pulled. . We are checking the individual bid as it is not a Steiner bid by any means. Nor would we ever do that.
Thanks
Peter

I applaud Peter for his very quick response. I simply asked them to try and not let anyone use the bidder name "Steiner" as it raises questions and just makes good business sense.

They are looking in to it. Great job by Steiner.

Mark