PDA

View Full Version : Moss Game Issued Helmet

johnsnhu
02-15-2010, 02:09 PM
Hi Guys,

I recently met a guy from MA that said he had a Game Issed Helmet signed by Randy Moss and had the Moss Authentication and sports images authentication. He stated it had the "91" black memorial decal and all the proper decal. He also stated it was from the 2007 superbowl season.

Well he sent me the pictures, and something seems a bit off with the helmet in comparison to some Getty Images. The one major thing that bugs me is that the US Flad is placed in a different location, and almost looks as it it was added after the authentication stickers were placed on the helmet.

Here are the photos he sent me. I would love a 2nd, or 3rd, or 20th opinon on this one. Thanks in advance for all of your help!

helmets
02-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Moss wears an XL.

LastingsMilledge85
02-15-2010, 08:44 PM
IMO, the background story you gave was already sending off the alarms. It all sounds sketchy, but I looked at pictures and couldn't find anything really wrong with any of the decals on the helmet. Did you buy the helmet yet?

jayt1234
02-15-2010, 08:57 PM
First response is right on he wears an XL Riddell...Also it could be just the angle but the warning decal seems a bit large...The Patriots also paint the center air valves.

Jay

jayt1234
02-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Patriots also used red shockblocker side helmet clips. The attached photos shows the difference in sizing and the painted valve. Hope this helps.

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/77566670.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921E86F5CE8BE5D78FBE4B65CE19A0DD3C1 5D065C63DE6AEF2386EEA354313DE5AF

johnsnhu
02-16-2010, 08:44 AM
IMO, the background story you gave was already sending off the alarms. It all sounds sketchy, but I looked at pictures and couldn't find anything really wrong with any of the decals on the helmet. Did you buy the helmet yet?

I didnt buy it, I wanted to get the forums opinion first. I too hate a sketchy feeling about this and am glad you all could confirm my instincts.

beantown
02-16-2010, 11:32 AM
johnsnhu....could you shoot me a private message with your email address...I may be able to help you....

legaleagle92481
02-16-2010, 11:55 AM
Hi Guys,

I recently met a guy from MA that said he had a Game Issed Helmet signed by Randy Moss and had the Moss Authentication and sports images authentication. He stated it had the "91" black memorial decal and all the proper decal. He also stated it was from the 2007 superbowl season.

Well he sent me the pictures, and something seems a bit off with the helmet in comparison to some Getty Images. The one major thing that bugs me is that the US Flad is placed in a different location, and almost looks as it it was added after the authentication stickers were placed on the helmet.

Here are the photos he sent me. I would love a 2nd, or 3rd, or 20th opinon on this one. Thanks in advance for all of your help!

To me this looks like a trick that I have seen many times before turning a generic autographed item into a game issued or game used item. The Sports Images and Moss holograms authenticate the autograph? Correct me if I am wrong. The trickster gets an authentic autograph on the item so it will bear the hologram of a reputable company to lull potential buyers into a false sense of secruity and then after the item is signed alters it so it appears to be game issued or game used. As others have pointed out the size is off, the flag sticker does not look right and the warning looks too large.

I have seen people do this alot with baseball bats on Ebay they get it signed to get an MLB hologram on there and alter it to appear game used and sell it as such.

johnsnhu
02-16-2010, 12:32 PM
To me this looks like a trick that I have seen many times before turning a generic autographed item into a game issued or game used item. The Sports Images and Moss holograms authenticate the autograph? Correct me if I am wrong. The trickster gets an authentic autograph on the item so it will bear the hologram of a reputable company to lull potential buyers into a false sense of secruity and then after the item is signed alters it so it appears to be game issued or game used. As others have pointed out the size is off, the flag sticker does not look right and the warning looks too large.

I have seen people do this alot with baseball bats on Ebay they get it signed to get an MLB hologram on there and alter it to appear game used and sell it as such.

I think you hit it right on the head. The decals look as if they were added after the autograph was authenticated.