PDA

View Full Version : Are MLB Auctions jerseys washed already?

nickacs
02-16-2010, 10:44 AM
Or is it up to the team offering up the jersey in the MLB Auctions? I see there's a Rollins Philly 09 WS road jersey up for auction and it doesn't have any big dirt stain on it like Getty's shows from Game 2:

https://docs.google.com/File?id=dhcs5s4z_88fsz2czft_b

nickacs
02-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Another thing is the MLB Auth# comes up invalid in their database? What's up with dat??? :(

legaleagle92481
02-16-2010, 11:27 AM
There is no blanket rule as to whether the jerseys are washed before sale on league auction sites in other words some are and some are not. As for the hologram number it probably is not listed in the database yet. The Phillies are auctioning the jersey and it has an MLB hologram so I do not see a reason to worry about its authenticity.

nickacs
02-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Gotcha, thanks about the hologram#. Yea, just thought it would be nice to see some "real" game use on it with the dirt stains or at least faded some :)

Thanks!

Mets05
02-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Just received my Curtis Granderson Tigers jersey from MLB auctions, ran in conjunction with the Detroit Tigers Charity...Luckily for me, they didn't wash it and the dirt was easily photomatched to some stills from mlb.tv...

I think a majority of us GU collectors would prefer them unwashed...just my two cents.

Mets05

nickacs
02-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Yea, it's nice, but I think I'm going to pass. I found more Getty pics from Game 1 with even more dirt stains on the front that just don't show on the auction pics. I'm sure if it comes from MLB, it must be legit, but I just hate the fact that it's been washed, if that's the case. Showing the use is the best part of a GAME USED jersey.

Plus, why do they have to "add" game use to the HK patch just to prove it's been worn?? Makes zero sense to me :rolleyes:

Fnazxc0114
02-16-2010, 11:02 PM
my teagarden usa jersey wasnt washed.

legaleagle92481
02-17-2010, 12:00 AM
This jersey was probably washed multiple times. Jimmy wore it in Games 1, 2 and 6 and I would assume it is washed before everygame as they are not going to make a star player wear a filthy jersey to satisfy future bidders.

Dewey2007
02-17-2010, 01:13 AM
Yea, it's nice, but I think I'm going to pass. I found more Getty pics from Game 1 with even more dirt stains on the front that just don't show on the auction pics. I'm sure if it comes from MLB, it must be legit, but I just hate the fact that it's been washed, if that's the case. Showing the use is the best part of a GAME USED jersey.

Plus, why do they have to "add" game use to the HK patch just to prove it's been worn?? Makes zero sense to me :rolleyes:

Unfortunately it does appear that the team washed it before it was auctioned. I'll let you know how it looks when I get it in the mail. Just picked up a definite grail item for my collection. I imagine this is the same jersey that Rollins wore for at least the last two months of the season and all through the Playoffs including the WS.

I'm pretty pumped right now that I was able to win the jersey!

Neal
02-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Unfortunately it does appear that the team washed it before it was auctioned. I'll let you know how it looks when I get it in the mail. Just picked up a definite grail item for my collection. I imagine this is the same jersey that Rollins wore for at least the last two months of the season and all through the Playoffs including the WS.

I'm pretty pumped right now that I was able to win the jersey!

Nice!

What was the final hammer?