PDA

View Full Version : Padres Vintage Game Used Jersey

Jayworld
02-17-2010, 11:38 PM
Have had jersey in my collection for 8 years. Style worn by Padres from 1980-83, brown road style with orange and gold v-neck and sleeve trim. "padres" on front and number "20" on back show some wear. Wilson tag in neck is size 44. I have been alerted that this may be a minor league jersey because of lack of signs of nameplate (I have checked and do not see any signs) on back or original number/year tags on front shirt tail. Small wear spot on lower middle of front shirt tail. From non-smoking environment.

Asking $120 shipped or best offer. Will ship via UPS or USPS; buyer's choice.

Many thanks.

Jayworld
02-24-2010, 09:02 AM
Jersey was listed on eBay last night. Thanks for all inquiries.

RJB44
02-24-2010, 08:25 PM
Hi Jay, I think that probably is a minor league jersey, as the numbers appear to sit slightly higher on the back. I have had a couple of early 1980s Padres and they all had outlines of a name plate as well as the number/year tag on the lower left. The high numbers on the back can be a good indication of minor league issued vs. recycled jersey, especially if there is no indication of a number change or move. Interestingly enough, if you look at the 1985 Twins; I believe their home jerseys did not have NOBs, but road blues did.

Bob

RJB44
02-24-2010, 08:29 PM
Here is a 1982.