PDA

View Full Version : blue ink transfers

justinlm24
06-26-2006, 07:09 PM
OK, someone please help on this one....I saw a game used bat at a local shop today that has what appears to be blue ink transfer from the baseball, and you can actually read the word "base" from what I assume is from "major league baseball". Ok tell me, is this even possible??? I thought it was kind of strange, as I have never seen it before. I have no interest in buying the bat, but was just curious if that is possible.....

b.heagy
06-26-2006, 07:48 PM
I have had a few gamers with the ink transfers that had legible writing. Have had alot more that were just smudged.

Bill

justinlm24
06-26-2006, 08:10 PM
Well it was smudged, but you could still read it.....That is kind of neat. First time I ever saw that

jon_8_us
06-26-2006, 08:38 PM
I just picked up a Doug Mirabelli AND Mike Lowell game used bats and both had legible "Rawlings" transfers and i have seen it before so it is definitely possible
jon

metsbats
06-26-2006, 08:54 PM
I have several bats which you can make out the ink transfer marks and the actual words that were on the ball. The top bat is a Keith Hernandez gamer which actually has the RAW and haiti which transfered on the barrel of the bat. The other 2 bats are a blonde Roger Cedeno bat which you can actually make out the Leonard Coleman signature and a Derek Bell which has the blue ink transfers which include the cork cushioned imprints.

I have a Roberto Alomar bat GU black LV which when you hold up to the light I can see the oval Phillies Veteran's Stadium logo from the balls the Philllies used to commemorate the closing of the Vet!

I thinks ink marks add authenticity to the bat.

-David