PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone! Game Used Questions?

1983Orioles
06-27-2006, 03:54 AM
:) Hi everyone! I found this great site while browsing for game used items. I'm glad I stumbled upon this site, for it seems like a great place with great people with a great knowledge of game used items. I'm new to the game used hobby, but I have a few items that are game used and autographed, and I wish to pursue many items in the near future. This really is an addicting fun hobby, lol.

My questions are about the dealings and authentication with auction sites. I found a few items I like which are listed on GreyFlannel.com. I wanted to know if anyone has bought anything from that site, and how are their dealings. Also, I see a few items that I like which are listed on Gameexclusives.com, and I was wondering how their company is. It looks like a great site though. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
1983Orioles

YanksSteiner
06-27-2006, 11:26 AM
Grey Flannel is one of the most reputable auction houses around, they deal a lot with Yankees Steiner and other reputable companies, so I would trust their items without thinking twice. Being that my company deals with them on a regular basis, I know they are top notch.

trsent
06-27-2006, 11:35 AM
Grey Flannel is one of the most reputable auction houses around, they deal a lot with Yankees Steiner and other reputable companies, so I would trust their items without thinking twice. Being that my company deals with them on a regular basis, I know they are top notch.

Welcome to the forum (both of you).

I hope this latest post doesn't open the flood gates, because you'll need some towels if it does.

What company are you affiliated with that you deal with Steiner and Grey Flannel on a regular basis?

Thanks!

YanksSteiner
06-27-2006, 09:51 PM
I work for Yankees-Steiner, and if there are any authenticity questions or Yankees Game Used memorablila questions I can answer feel free to PM me or post, I check the forums regularly. The reason I am framiliar with Grey Flannel is because they ran a 1800 Lot auction with us this Past December for a boatload of Game Used product from the Yankees both current and vintage. They are a very high end and professional auction house, I would trust them with virtually anything.

allstarsplus
06-27-2006, 10:02 PM
We buy a lot of Yankees items thru Yankees Steiner, and I think it is run very well. What do you do for them?

thanks. Andrew

info@AllstarsPlus.com

YanksSteiner
06-27-2006, 10:20 PM
We buy a lot of Yankees items thru Yankees Steiner, and I think it is run very well. What do you do for them?

thanks. Andrew

info@AllstarsPlus.com

product development, auctions, ticket redemption program, marketing (flyers, advertisements, signage, etc.) I also do some order processing and inventory, images and web site work. I do a bit of everything actually, I also was one of the primary people involved with the debut of Mets-Steiner so any questions with regard to that, please also PM or e-mail me

kcohen@steinersports.com

allstarsplus
06-27-2006, 10:29 PM
product development, auctions, ticket redemption program, marketing (flyers, advertisements, signage, etc.) I also do some order processing and inventory, images and web site work.

K - Keep up the great work and glad you joined the GUU.

Andrew

Number9
06-28-2006, 12:23 AM
Advice for the new member:
Any time you consider buying an item, do a search in this forum, and another forum gameworn.net for the name of the dealer or collector you are considering buying from. Also do a search of the item, such as 'Bob Horner jersey.' You would be surprised what you can find out, good and bad. It can make you very confident in the person you are dealing with, or make you relieved that you "found out before you sent your money."
Gather all the info you can on the item and the seller in advance and make your own judgments.
The search function is at top right on this forum by the way.

As for the gentleman from Steiner, welcome aboard. Your co-worker Bob Malandro is one the best people I have ever dealt with in this hobby. He was fantastic to deal with in a recent purchase I made, extremely helpful, very courteous, quite flexible, and extremely patient.

Swoboda4
06-28-2006, 03:06 AM
1983Orioles-I urge you(similar to number9 suggestion) to hit "search" at the top of this page and type in any company,brand ,or item,you're interested in and you will get plenty of hearty archived past discussion. My guess is you're going to get fresh responses in the next 24 hours. There are some people of have cornered the market in certain areas of this hobby,good for them the market will allow what it bears. But don't try cornering this Forum,using it like a Sunday morning fake radio call in show for health pills because it won't work.

1983Orioles
06-29-2006, 01:18 AM
Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the responses! I tried the search box and it helped me a lot in determining some of the legit dealers I have come across on the internet. By the way, does anyone know of any legit dealers that sell game used Orioles items, especially jerseys? Also, are there any dealers that sell legit Steelers game used items or other game used football items like jerseys and helmets? I have found a few sites, but maybe there are other sites out there that I'm unaware of.

Thanks again for all the help,
1983Orioles

allstarsplus
06-29-2006, 06:10 AM
Are you looking for newer Orioles jerseys or vintage? Also, which players?

The Orioles sell off many of their common jerseys at their pre-season Fanfest so those are easier to find at good prices. Its the Cal Ripken and Eddie Murray jerseys that are tough to find the real ones.

You can email me at info@allstarsplus.com

Andrew