PDA

View Full Version : Yankees sign Chan Ho Park. Your thoughts??

suave1477
02-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Well I would like to say I think the bseball gods finally listened to me.

I was saying last year during the World Series that he was pitching some nasty stuff and said to my friends if the Yankees are gonna go after anyone we need an Nast Ace Reliever like Chan Ho Park.

Well today it was announced the Yankees signed him to a one year deal.

Any thoughts on the pros and cons on Yanks signing him???

legaleagle92481
02-22-2010, 09:59 PM

I was saying last year during the World Series that he was pitching some nasty stuff and said to my friends if the Yankees are gonna go after anyone we need an Nast Ace Reliever like Chan Ho Park.

Don't see a con gives them a killer bullpen if Joba and Hughes both pitch out of it as I think they should games will be very short verus the Yankees this year. They have had an amazing offseason the only qualm I have with it is losing Damon I do not like at all as Nick Johnson will get hurt at some point and the Gardner/Winn platoon is not going to keep pitchers up nights. Gardner would have made a great defensive replacement, pinch runner.

joelsabi
02-23-2010, 01:51 AM

Just another workhorse arm that can chew up innings during the course of the season like Mitre and Gaudin. I am hoping Aceves becomes the 5th starter because I'd rather have Joba-Hughes-Rivera @ 7-8-9. Should be interesting in ST.

jobathenut
02-23-2010, 03:50 AM
To me,just another off season move that did not need to be made by the world champs.You won the world championship,keep the same darn team.I have not liked any of thier off season moves.The only one i can kind of understand is the godzilla move as he was hurting and limited to dh from now on.And i really do not understand the letting go of wang.I have never been a fan of park,so maybe thats why i say this.But i hope you are right SUAVE and he is as good as you say he is.Bring back farnsworth!!!!

2000mvpfan
02-23-2010, 08:57 AM
Good acquisition for the Yankees,if he can get a chance to contribute.He was pretty solid in a mediocre Phillies bullpen last year,and was the only part of that pen to really have any success against NYY in the Series.
Joba,I couldn't believe they got rid of Wang either-the guy won 19 twice for them.But believe me,if they got rid of him,I believe there's 100% something wrong,either mentally or physically...
And yes,though a good hitter when healthy,Nick Johnson WILL break down eventually..

Joe

legaleagle92481
02-23-2010, 09:32 AM
Wang is overated and wins are the most overated stat for pitchers. If you are on a playoff team like the Yanks were both years he won 19 you should win alot of games. He does not strike out enough guys to ever be a domiant pitcher, he had two years wrecked by injuries and he will be 30 this year so the odds of him bouncing back to be the good but not great pitcher he was are not very high. I think they were smart to let him go.

2000mvpfan
02-23-2010, 09:37 AM
Legal-
Agree.Always thought he was overrated myself.It's just always odd to see a guy go from "The Next Big Thing" to,well,the Nationals in a span of 4 years.
Sure hope no one stocked up on those $10,000 Steiner Wang jerseys...

Joe

suave1477
02-23-2010, 09:42 AM
I concur with everyone here lol lol:D

Legal im not so mad at losing Damon only because Scott Boras was demanding too much money for him in the begining, not sure what he ended up with. Nick Johnson I thought was a terrible move, I don;t understand what the thinking was behind that. You give up a great DH (Matsui) for a mediocre DH who constantly gets hurt (Johnson) for nearly the same salary huh??????

Joesabi I am not a Mitre fan whatsoever so I cannot agree with you there I personally would like to see Gaudin get a shot at the 5th starter spot he showed a lot last year, he is very reliable. Aceves I think showed a strong presences as a reliever and I think he works best there. Why try to mess with what works??

Joba as far as letting Matsui go thats what he was any at this point a DH and that is what we needed a solid DH, why let ihim go for Nick Johnson??

2000mvp I think there was more there with Wang that was let out to the media just my personal opinion. As far as Nick Johnson, he is at most a mediocre to a good hitter. Matsui was a great hitter.

2000mvpfan
02-23-2010, 09:52 AM
Suave-
Yup...as I said in my previous post,I too believe there's something up with Wang and the Yanks ain't tellin'!
As far as DH,yes Matsui was a great hitter and was clutch as well.Even with his bad knees,I have to believe he'd miss less time than Johnson,who's an injury prone time bomb.However,I think the master plan is to have a semi-revolving door at DH-you can definitely expect to see Posada there a ton,and I wouldn't be surprised to see Jeter or A-Rod there as well.Remember,a rested A-Rod is a hitting A-Rod lol..

Joe

2000mvpfan
02-23-2010, 09:56 AM
And by the way,as a Phillies fan,the only thing I'm really disappointed about is that the Mets didn't find a way to land Damon so I could continue to laugh at their misfortunes of adding a girly-arm who will also break down somehow by June lol..

suave1477
02-23-2010, 10:00 AM
And by the way,as a Phillies fan,the only thing I'm really disappointed about is that the Mets didn't find a way to land Damon so I could continue to laugh at their misfortunes of adding a girly-arm who will also break down somehow by June lol..

Thats mean lol lol:D

2000mvpfan
02-23-2010, 10:07 AM
I just wonder if Damon gets booed when Detroit comes to the Stadium for trying to take the money and run...

jobathenut
02-23-2010, 11:52 PM
SUAVE-I never said i was alright with letting "godzillia" go.I said i somewhat understood it.And as you said i would have rather kept him than letting him go for who?-nick johnson.Thats why i said i have hated all thier off season moves they have made.And i am sorry but wang was a great pitcher.And wins is NOT a over rated stat to me.And 2000mvpfan-I know they proberly know something about his health or mental state to let him go.As that would be the only logical reason to let such a talent go from your team.And with godzilla,i think its very strange as to when was the last time a team let go a player who was named the mvp of the world series the season before for the team.
I concur with everyone here lol lol:D

Legal im not so mad at losing Damon only because Scott Boras was demanding too much money for him in the begining, not sure what he ended up with. Nick Johnson I thought was a terrible move, I don;t understand what the thinking was behind that. You give up a great DH (Matsui) for a mediocre DH who constantly gets hurt (Johnson) for nearly the same salary huh??????

Joesabi I am not a Mitre fan whatsoever so I cannot agree with you there I personally would like to see Gaudin get a shot at the 5th starter spot he showed a lot last year, he is very reliable. Aceves I think showed a strong presences as a reliever and I think he works best there. Why try to mess with what works??

Joba as far as letting Matsui go thats what he was any at this point a DH and that is what we needed a solid DH, why let ihim go for Nick Johnson??

2000mvp I think there was more there with Wang that was let out to the media just my personal opinion. As far as Nick Johnson, he is at most a mediocre to a good hitter. Matsui was a great hitter.