LAKERS PARADISE .....Wow must see !!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LEGEND33
    • Nov 2005

LAKERS PARADISE .....Wow must see !!!!!!!

I do not if already posted.....INCREDIBLE
    Stream live NBA games, game replays, video highlights, and access featured NBA TV programming online with Watch NBA TV
  • sportscentury
    • Nov 2005

Re: LAKERS PARADISE .....Wow must see !!!!!!!

Originally posted by LEGEND33
    I do not if already posted.....INCREDIBLE
    http://www.nba.com/video/channels/or...P_D_BLOCK.nba/
    They had shown a brief overview of the collection at halftime of one of the recent Lakers games, but I had not seen this more extensive video. Thanks for posting it.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• joelsabi
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by sportscentury
      They had shown a brief overview of the collection at halftime of one of the recent Lakers games, but I had not seen this more extensive video. Thanks for posting it.
      Amazing Laker collection. One day I hope David Kohler sells it all to Gary Cypres so that it can be shown to the public at the Los Angeles Sports Museum. Until then, this is the best glimpe into the collection I have seen yet. LA Eyewitness News did a little segment on him too awhile back.

I wonder where his holy grail, the rookie Jerry West jersey, is now if it even exists?
      Regards,
      Joel S.
      joelsabi @ gmail.com
      Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• 3arod13
        • Apr 2006

Wow! As a long time Laker fan, I can really appreciate this collection. Actually takes me down memory lane. Simply put, an incredible collection.
        Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• punch
          • Feb 2010

Wow, I'd pay for a tour of that room.

Comment

• ivo610
            • Dec 2009

The pic of Barry and MJ is amazing.
            Ryan

NFL game used collector

Comment

• rose14
              • Dec 2005

For the people that don't know David Kohler is the founder and one of the principal owners of Sports Cards Plus or better known now as SCP Auctions.

Comment

• allstarsplus
                • Nov 2005

Hopefully David will get his Grail item. Amazing collection. He should look at the Steinmetz display case presentation which displays items so nice. I did like that huge plexiglass case David had.

I think the combination of recessed wall cases with photos and artwork on the wall and then those giant plexiglass cubes in the middle of the room will give it a much cleaner look although my guess is David would then have to double the size of the room.

So coool! I am already daydreaming of my home museum!

Legend33, you should copy that link in that thread about Cool Rooms as that certainly fits there.
                Regards,
                Andrew Lang
                AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                202-716-8500

Comment

• Manram
                  • Nov 2008

Wow that is incredible. Thanks for showing the video

Comment

• encinorick
                    • Nov 2005

I know David's collection, in addition he bought and sold the bat that Babe Ruth hit his first home run in Yankee stadium.

But, wait my friends, a small part of my collection will be auctioned in this April's Greyflannelyauction.com. Very unique items. Kobe's throw-back "short-shorts" worn only one time (actually only a half a game) against the Celtics, Robert Horry's gu NBA's Finals uniform with Chamberlain band, Kobe's gu dual signed Nikes, Karl Malone gu Lakers uniform, James Worth gu sneakers (1983-85) from the Showtime era, Kobe's 1999 Xmas warm-ups which started the whole Xmas thing and white (alternative jersey) uniforms the Lakers wear at Sunday's home game, and so on so forth.

I mentioned it here before, no one seems interested. Too bad, I guess you guys don't like the Lakers......

Comment

• gorilla777
                      • Aug 2009

Not true here encinorick! I am a big time and long time Lakers fan - going to tonight's game and used to have season tickets. I look forward to seeing the items in the Grey Flannel Auction. It looks like a nice collection.

And that video...man, just an incredible amount of history that David has!

Comment

• encinorick
                        • Nov 2005

Never said it was better, but, there are things that, well.....envy is one the seven (7) deadly sins, right?

But, like I said before, this a New York crowd, a baseball crowd. Yankees this and Yankees that, Boston this and that.

No one cares about a west coast NBA dynasty. I don't believe there's a handful of GUU people interested in unique Laker stuff. Very unique Laker stuff.

I'm sorry I brought it up. Never mind.

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by encinorick
                          No one cares about a west coast NBA dynasty. I don't believe there's a handful of GUU people interested in unique Laker stuff. Very unique Laker stuff.
                          I think those Lakers jerseys are incredible. That 10,000 lakes Minneapolis piece is a work of art. Rick, don't forget that this forum considers basketball a 3rd class sport (very far behind football). I am very interested in unique basketball stuff, regardless of the team. There are a few hoop collectors on this forum. I urge everyone to start threads about basketball jerseys and when they are for sale at auction.

Comment

• encinorick
                            • Nov 2005

Couldn't agree more, both. Actually, it's the 4th favorite for this forum, behind Olympic curling.

Not just jerseys, but, complete gu uniforms, including underwear (oh yeah, underwear), socks, arm-bands, signed sneakers and even a 9/11 bracelet worn immediately after 9/11. Not the patch on the jersey, but the bracelet.

Xmas games started with the Lakers. White snow-flake jerseys for the Lakers and others came later and now are a NBA tradition. White Lakers (alternative) uniforms started about the same time. Now are an NBA tradition. Coincidence?

College basketball players grow-up and become become NBA basketball players, now that's tradition. But, alas, this crowd craves Olympic curling.

Oh Canada.....

Comment

• LA_1968
                              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by encinorick
                              But, wait my friends, a small part of my collection will be auctioned in this April's Greyflannelyauction.com. Very unique items. Kobe's throw-back "short-shorts" worn only one time (actually only a half a game) against the Celtics, Robert Horry's gu NBA's Finals uniform with Chamberlain band, Kobe's gu dual signed Nikes, Karl Malone gu Lakers uniform, James Worth gu sneakers (1983-85) from the Showtime era, Kobe's 1999 Xmas warm-ups which started the whole Xmas thing and white (alternative jersey) uniforms the Lakers wear at Sunday's home game, and so on so forth.

I mentioned it here before, no one seems interested. Too bad, I guess you guys don't like the Lakers......
                              Laker fan here Rick. Looking forward to seeing your items at GFA. No 80's jerseys?

Charles

Comment

Working...