PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Void Greene's Contract

kudu
02-26-2010, 12:05 AM
http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2010/2/25/1326562/rangers-release-shortstop-khalil

I really feel for the guy. He is a good ballplayer, on and off the field. I hope he gets well soon.

LastingsMilledge85
02-26-2010, 12:11 AM
If the Mets want to make me happy they will sign Greene, I really like him to and hope that he can cope with this and play to his potential because he really is a gifted and talented ballplayer.

Lokee
02-26-2010, 02:05 AM
"Greene has been sidelined indefinitely with anxiety issues, so you can't really blame the Rangers for releasing him so he can focus on getting his life back together."

Interesting you don't hear much about anxiety disorders in baseball. At least keeping them from playing.

bigtruck260
02-26-2010, 04:20 PM
It would have been easy for Cardinals fans to thrash him after last year, but the clubhouse was actually pretty open to the public about Khalil's struggles.

I hope he get's the help he needs, and I truly feel sorry for him.

bratcher1
03-02-2010, 04:24 PM
I certainly hope this talented guy gets the professional help he needs to overcome his issues. I hope this doesn't keep teams from considering him in the future.

- Mike

slambam
03-02-2010, 10:58 PM
It would have been easy for Cardinals fans to thrash him after last year, but the clubhouse was actually pretty open to the public about Khalil's struggles.

I hope he get's the help he needs, and I truly feel sorry for him.

As a Cardinal fan I agree 100%. I've always been a fan of Khalil and while it's frustrating to see a guy with so much talent struggle so much, knowing that it's anxiety issues and when he's really supposed to me in his prime, it really makes you feel for him. Last year when he came off the DL after he was initially put on for the anxiety issues, he was red hot and I thought the issues were behind him, but it sounds like that may have been the beginning yet. It just seems like the game isn't a game for him anymore, and I really hope it finds it again.

legaleagle92481
03-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Rickey Williams and Grienke had anxiety/depression also and they turned out fine he is still young so hopefully he gets through it. Lastings I agree the Mets could use him he is better than Tatis or Alex Cora and if Reyes gets hurt again he could start at short.

LastingsMilledge85
03-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Tatis is more of an insurance policy for Murphy and I think to try to keep him on track at first. I'm a Jacobs fan, so I'd rather see him get a spot than Tatis, but two left-handed first basemen doesn't make sense.