PDA

View Full Version : pics of tagging on '96 White Sox jerseys?

steevyniu
02-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Hi There,

Can anyone help me out with a pic or two of the tagging on 1996 White Sox Alternate Black jerseys? I have one in my sights and want to be sure.

Thank you.

Steve

metsbats
02-26-2010, 04:46 PM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/auction/lot.php?id=341

Steve,

Here's a 1996 Frank Thomas in one of the GUU auctions.

karamaxjoe
02-26-2010, 07:13 PM
You might need this also.....

tknorm
02-26-2010, 07:49 PM
here comes another one....

steevyniu
02-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Thanks guys, all that info is very helpful. It looks like the Sox used two different vendors for the alternates that year. Very interesting. Anyone know anything about which was the main vendor, if any?

I am looking at a Baines jersey that shows moderate use and has the majestic tagging that matches the Thomas jersey link graciously shared by Metsbats.

dcrules01
02-28-2010, 04:29 PM
Metsbats posted the link to the Thomas jersey which is a Russell not a Majestic and was from the 86 season. From the other 2 tags it looks like in 97 they used Wilson . According to Bill Hendersons guide it looks like both manufacturers were used for the black alt in 97. If the jersey is a Majestic and the seller is claiming it is from 97 I would stay away because the White Sox did not start using Majestic until 2001.

steevyniu
03-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Thanks guys, all that info is very helpful. It looks like the Sox used two different vendors for the alternates that year. Very interesting. Anyone know anything about which was the main vendor, if any?

I am looking at a Baines jersey that shows moderate use and has the majestic tagging that matches the Thomas jersey link graciously shared by Metsbats.

My bad...The '96 I am looking at is a Russell.....For some reason, I have Majestic stuff on my mind recently....Did the same thing on anotehr jersey recently too.