PDA

View Full Version : Scarborough Green

bigtruck260
02-26-2010, 12:14 PM
Looking for Scarborough Green bats - May also be Bert Green

Could be Minor League, Texas Rangers or Cardinals organizations. Was also briefly a replacement player...so no baseball cards,etc. since he was blacklisted. If you have something, please LMK. Thanks.

woodbat
02-26-2010, 09:55 PM
Looking for Scarborough Green bats - May also be Bert Green

Could be Minor League, Texas Rangers or Cardinals organizations. Was also briefly a replacement player...so no baseball cards,etc. since he was blacklisted. If you have something, please LMK. Thanks.

Dave:
Here is a couple photos of my autographed LS R161 Scarborough Green bat, and an autographed minor league card. I have never seen one of his bats with his full name or a "Bert Green". I acquired this bat in April of 1999. No uniform number on the barrel or knob.
At least you know he had some R161 black LS Cardinal bats.

Don
woodbat@bellsouth.net
stlbats

sox83cubs84
02-26-2010, 10:48 PM
Don:

I'll pay $5 if you want to let the signed Green card go.

Dave:

I'm not sure why she was interested, but I do recall our dear friend, the late Helen Hanson, ran an ad on this site for Green items several months before she passed away.

Dave M.
Chicago area

jgperro
02-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Don't want to hijack the thread, but I would love this bat if you are not interested!

JGPerro@yahoo.com

bigtruck260
02-28-2010, 12:17 AM
Don't want to hijack the thread, but I would love this bat if you are not interested!

JGPerro@yahoo.com

That's definately a hijack :D - and I would LOVE to have it, but I know Don loves his collection too, and it's not for sale. But, I do appreciate the view Don - really cool bat. Thanks for posting.

Scarborough and I played sophomore baseball together in Florissant, MO.

r_phelps
02-28-2010, 02:15 PM
He also played for the nashville sounds (AAA Pirates) in 2001 i believe. I remember watching a game where he made the last out of the game robbing a homerun over the left field wall like Torii Hunter has. He was a really good player.

woodbat
02-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Don:

I'll pay $5 if you want to let the signed Green card go.

Dave:

I'm not sure why she was interested, but I do recall our dear friend, the late Helen Hanson, ran an ad on this site for Green items several months before she passed away.

Dave M.
Chicago area

Dave,
I only have the one card, and I exhibit an autographed card with the bat. I make my own bt racks that are 1, 2 or three deep. I cut slot(s) in the top to hold the card. Just something I started way back when.
Appreciate your interest.
Don
woodbat@bellsouth.net
stlbats

woodbat
02-28-2010, 02:42 PM
That's definately a hijack :D - and I would LOVE to have it, but I know Don loves his collection too, and it's not for sale. But, I do appreciate the view Don - really cool bat. Thanks for posting.

Scarborough and I played sophomore baseball together in Florissant, MO.

Dave,
As you know I only collect one bat of a Cardinal player, so if I ever run up on another S. Green, will keep you in mind. You ought to contact LS and see just how many bats they manufactured like the one shown. Would have to me more than just one, so where are the rest??? I would think he had at least six and maybe more...
Anytime you all are looking for a particular Cardinal bat and I have it, will be gad post a photo to give you all a color/model to inquire about.. My collection is approaching 700 different Cardinal bats. I sure don't mind sharing a photo, if I have that players bat.

Don
woodbat@bellsouth.net
stlbats

jgperro
02-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Dang! It was worth a shot though!! haha!

bigtruck260
03-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Should update...

My best freind reminded me today that we took a few bats to the cages before I was serious about collecting. One of them was a Scarborough Green Cardinals bat. I wish I had a time machine.

He shattered it. We threw it in the trash in 2 pieces.:(

bigtruck260
03-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Can put an end to this thread.

Got an email...and I've found one. Thanks for the help guys.

D