PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh Valley IronPigs Game Used

ironmanfan
02-27-2010, 12:17 PM
For anyone who is interested, I just came back from the Lehigh Valley IronPigs (Phillies AAA) "Nat'l Pig Day" event (sort of a fan fest type thing) and for the first time, I did notice they were selling GU jerseys in the gift shop (no bats)....They had some road grays (no NOB) as well as some maroon colored tops (Sat. night attire)..........Both versions were priced @ $150 each which is crazy IMO but thought perhaps there may be some interested members. The biggest "name" I saw available was former Orioles hurler, Rodrigo Lopez.

eisenreich8
02-27-2010, 04:22 PM
I picked up an Ironpigs home jersey last year and it is one of my favorites in the collection!

Chris78
02-27-2010, 10:50 PM
Ironmanfan,

Thanks for posting this. I did not know that the Ironpigs sold these jerseys and have not been down there since Labor Day. I went down and saw the jerseys. The "road" jerseys were not game used, but the red ones were. Out of the five or so they had, I decided to buy the best one which was Rodrigo Lopez as Ironmanfan said. How many did they have when you were there? The clerk said they have been selling these for awhile now.

Thanks,

Chris

pjbmd
02-28-2010, 07:50 AM
From what i can recall, the Pigs put the game worn sat alternate jerseys in the store sometime in september '09
when i was there the best they had was mayberry and tracy
they had no home jerseys from what i can remember
pjb

ironmanfan
02-28-2010, 09:00 AM
Yesterday was the first time I happened to be in the store since the end of last season...........It also appeared that the Saturday tops had a patch removed from the left sleeve, although I don't recall what kind of a patch it was...

For the local guys, if you get the chance, please come to the game on July 24th when my (then 19 year old) son will be performing the Nat'l Anthem (vs. the Orioles AAA team; Norfolk)........

Bill

whhp72@yahoo.com

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k172/whhp72/DSC00946.jpg

pjbmd
02-28-2010, 09:16 AM
the patch that was removed was the IL 125th year patch
it was on the 2008 jerseys and removed for 2009
pjb

Chris78
02-28-2010, 08:07 PM
From what i can recall, the Pigs put the game worn sat alternate jerseys in the store sometime in september '09
when i was there the best they had was mayberry and tracy
they had no home jerseys from what i can remember
pjb

Back in September 2009, were they $150? How many do you remember them having? Also, have you seen them sell anything else such as bats or nameplates?

Thanks for the info from both of you.

Chris

pjbmd
02-28-2010, 09:23 PM
in september they red jerseys were all priced at 150
most of the popular players had already been purchased but I found Andy Tracy and John Mayberry on the rack and picked them up
they don't sell any other items like cracked bats or nameplates
at the iron pigs caravan this year they did have a few game used items for auction, notably some batting helmets and hats
pjb