PDA

View Full Version : Places to Sell

ahuff
06-29-2006, 06:05 AM
Hello everyone,

I need a little input. I have several items that I am trying to sell, and non of them are real big ticket items. I was wondering where you would recommend, based on past dealings, selling these items. I am uncertain whether ebay would bring what they are worth. However, I am also weighing the fact that some of the auction houses charge 20% plus taxes and fees.

Any advice.

Thanks!

scottanservitz
06-29-2006, 07:27 AM
Try the selling forum on this site. You can ask what you want and see if it will sell. If not, then you can take offers. Good luck.

Frank
06-29-2006, 07:54 AM
Hello everyone,

I need a little input. I have several items that I am trying to sell, and non of them are real big ticket items. I was wondering where you would recommend, based on past dealings, selling these items. I am uncertain whether ebay would bring what they are worth. However, I am also weighing the fact that some of the auction houses charge 20% plus taxes and fees.

Any advice.

Thanks!

I would try on here or an auction house but I would stay away from eBay unless you have a reserve. eBay really has devalued the industry considerably.

trsent
06-29-2006, 09:35 AM
I would try on here or an auction house but I would stay away from eBay unless you have a reserve. eBay really has devalued the industry considerably.

I always figured items sold on eBay with no reserve generally are selling for a price the public sets for the item. Sure, some stuff sells at lower prices than many other auction houses, but maybe the seller isn't marketing their item properly or something of that nature to explain why they didn't realize a higher price.

I deal with a few major auction houses myself, but I do also use eBay regularly and I am happy with my hammer price around 80% of the time my auctions end.

I always tell people that if a baseball card lists in Beckett for $50.00, but it regularly sells on eBay for $6.00, then it is worth $6.00. Where else is the item selling for a real price?