Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dewey2007
    • Dec 2007

Game Used Super Bowl XLIV Footballs

Just saw that the Indianapolis Colts team store now has a limited quantity of game used footballs available from Super Bowl XLIV.
    Here is the link:

sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com
  • Jags Fan Dan
    • Apr 2007

Re: Game Used Super Bowl XLIV Footballs

I guess I shouldn't be shocked at the price, but man that is an expensive football!!

Comment

• Ripken
      • Aug 2006

I'd be curious to know how many were used in the game...and a little confused that if they're going to get into the game-used biz why they don't state when the ball was used. Of course, if you can tie it to a certain play or series, you'd think it would have a better chance of selling.

The AFC/NFC championship game balls from the last couple of years that have sold via NFL Auctions went fairly reasonably, I thought, considering that some are truly one of a kind (like the kickoff balls they've sold).

Comment

• ned flanders
        • Feb 2009

"Limited Quantity's" my ass........I put it a quantity of 50, and it shows 34 available.....

That's some funny stuff right there......

Comment

• JasonBanz
          • Oct 2008

I don't know how over 30 footballs were used in 1 game. Each ball must have been used less that 5 times.

Comment

• cohibasmoker
            Banned
            • Aug 2005

I have NOT seen the totals for the number of footballs used in this year's Super Bowl but I believe in last year's game, they used a new football for every offensive snap.

Jim

Comment

Working...