PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos Jersey

GoTigers
02-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Hey Guys, I'm a game used baseball guy.. so I know nothing about this jersey, and was wondering if you could give me some info on it.

My brother was given this jersey when he worked with Billy Bryan about 15yrs ago. Neither of us were collectors then, but both thought it was pretty cool. I had forgotten about it until recently, and just took pictures of it tonight.

It shows no use, but I was just wondering what year it was from, if it was a practice or game jersey, or any additional info would be great. Thanks again, and sorry for the pictures, they came off my phone so the colors and resolution are pretty bad. I think the tag said something like +3"

sox83cubs84
02-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Game-issued, dates to mid/late 1980s based on design of Champion tag...I'd have to research to pin it down more, time-wise.

Dave M.
Chicago area

designedexclusively
02-28-2010, 11:24 PM
Looks like a game cut sample, the Broncos never wore champion, in the 80's they wore a combination of Russell and Wilson.

DX.

G1X
03-01-2010, 01:06 AM
. . . except for Elway who wore Champion for a brief period in the 1980s.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Jake51
03-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Hi Mark,

I sent you an e-mail regarding the Elway picture you posted. Just curious where that was from and if it was available.

Go Tigers,

Cool jersey! I'd agree it is an issued jersey that was then prepped but couldn't say for sure without looking at it more closely. Pat Scoggin is the expert in this area so maybe he'll comment. I will say that the jersey of Billy's that I have is heavily modified - he had the sleeves removed and replaced with a more elastic material, added strips of material to the sides, etc. So, I could see him adding something like the lace-up sides your jersey displays.

Thanks

Tom

GoTigers
03-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the help guys, there is elastic material running down the sides of the jersey. I really appreciate the info.