PDA

View Full Version : Fascinating eBay item description trivia

godwulf
03-02-2010, 09:34 AM
From the item description on a Nick Bierbrodt card:

Nicholas Raymond Bierbrodt (born May 16, 1978 in Tarzana, California) is a Major League pitcher who is currently a free agent. In 2007, he played for the Brother Elephants of the Chinese Professional Baseball League.

Bierbrodt was shot twice in the arm and chest in an altercation at a Charleston, South Carolina Hardee's in June 2002.

In 2008, he played for the independent Long Beach Armada of the Golden Baseball League.

Played in China, in independent ball, and shot in a Hardee's. I've always been fond of Nick, but now I think he's my hero.

encinorick
03-02-2010, 12:50 PM
And to add to your list, he was born in Tarzana, California, which was named after Edgar Rice Burroughs's character in his book, "Tarzan" which he wrote just down the block from me at his estate, which is why it's called "Tarzana."

And to continue with your list, odds are he went to Taft High School, as did Jordan Farmar (Lakers), Robin Yount, Steve Smith and so on.

both-teams-played-hard
03-02-2010, 01:13 PM
To add to the List, Hardee's was started in Rocky Mount, NC by James Gardner, former owner of the ABA's Carolina Cougars.

and more...Hardee's is now owned by the same people that own Carl's Jr.

encinorick
03-02-2010, 02:49 PM
...and don't forget that Elway played up the street on De Soto at Chatsworth High School, where Ryan Braun grew-up and still lives, and that Pete Rose almost hit me with his car when he went to the Gym next to Gabe Kapler's house, whose wife is absolutely gorgeous and very nice, and if take a short trip down the the 101 you'll find Oaks Christians, where Joe Montana and Wayne Gretzky's kids go to school, but, if you go up the hill to Mulholland bvld. to Curtis, where my 9 year old son stuffed David Beckham's kid, Brooklyn, then went to the hole and got an add one. Oh yeah. :cool:

both-teams-played-hard
03-02-2010, 04:07 PM
Name dropping of 9-year olds? Who knew? Brooklyn's in tha house!:)

suave1477
03-02-2010, 05:01 PM
BROOKLYN'S RIGHT HERE!!!:D

In my neighborhood many many many miles away from Hardee's lol lol

John Salley grew up and went to my Junior High School and High School Also the urban clothing designer Karl Kani graduated fro my High School a couple of years before me. I went to school with Lanc Schulters and the Owner of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays is from my Neighbohood as well as the Founder of Starbucks.

I can keep going on and on but then I may be up to North Carolina lol lol:D

encinorick
03-02-2010, 05:32 PM
why stop? Brooklyn was large and slow, but, the little one, Cruz, that kid had mad skills, played soccer on the side-lines with the old man, boy could that 4 year old play, the old man could hardly keep-up with him, and the mother, holy cow, a waif, but gorgeous, but, Beck was nice and signed the kids' jerseys.

But, this is La La land, home of Tarzan, so I continue, John Salley you'ze say, don't tell me his kid goes to my kid's school, along with...well... yup, and I give you'ze guys a treat, especially "both-teams" later today or early tomorrow.

Did I mention that Kim Kardashian has a really big....well you'ze guys know that, but her younger sister don't, who.....later guys, here comes Pete Rose again, "Hey, a-hole watch where you're driving, ok?":p