Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • costas
    • Aug 2008

prices for Jeter game jerseys

what is usually the selling price for a Derek Jeter game used jersey? and for a game issued jersey? thanks.
  • legaleagle92481
    Banned
    • Oct 2009

Re: prices for Jeter game jerseys

Steiner 10 grand g/u Ebay there is one for 9 grand. GI ones I would say about 1-2 grand.

Comment

• costas
      • Aug 2008

thanks, are game issued Jeter jerseys easier to obtain?

Comment

• drizer7
        • May 2008

A GU9.5 Derek Jeter 2007 Home Jersey just sold at the latest Vintage Authentics auction for $5,700, not including auction house 20%.
        Dan
        danreiser7@gmail.com ...always looking for Trout, Harper, Cano, Posey Game Used Items!

Comment

• legaleagle92481
          Banned
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by drizer7
          A GU9.5 Derek Jeter 2007 Home Jersey just sold at the latest Vintage Authentics auction for $5,700, not including auction house 20%.
          Was it a Steiner?

Comment

• CollectGU
            • Nov 2005

Yes, it was Steiner. The days of 10 grand Jeters are long gone, 4 to 6k not including hammer price are a more reasonable range in my opinion based on recent sales.

Best,
            Dave

Comment

• costas
              • Aug 2008

does lowering of his game used also affect the prices for game issued?

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                Banned
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by CollectGU
                Yes, it was Steiner. The days of 10 grand Jeters are long gone, 4 to 6k not including hammer price are a more reasonable range in my opinion based on recent sales.

Best,
                Dave
                Steiner's website and Ebay stores are still in the 10 grand range. At an auction (not including league auction site auctions where the prices tend to be higher) prices normally tend to be lower, in some cases much lower.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by costas
                  does lowering of his game used also affect the prices for game issued?
                  I doubt it. Steiner is not going to lower their prices because if you look on their website it is not like they have an abundance of Jeter jerseys that they have to move them. Eventually someone will buy them. It seems to always be like that with the stars and well known players. For example, everyone dissed JO selling Sanchez, Favre and Cutler jerseys so high but check their site they are sold out of all three. I check their site daily and don't recall a blowout sale on them. Ebay stores (who are dealers mostly) will also remain roughly the same because again eventually someone will buy it. At an auction outside of Ebay you are unlikely to see a GI jersey as those types of items do not show up often in regular auctions. Could it happen sure and if it did as is the case with most auctions the prices would be lower than what Steiner and dealers sell it for.

Comment

• costas
                    • Aug 2008

does Steiner even sell Jeter game issued jerseys, I don't recall ever seeing on for sale on their site?

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by costas
                      does Steiner even sell Jeter game issued jerseys, I don't recall ever seeing on for sale on their site?
                      They get very few of either (if you notice it is that way with every player from every team they have a deal with) and with Derek's popularity and the fact that they are much cheaper than those he actually wore I doubt they last long. I have seen Steiner BP and spring training jerseys of Jeter also.

Comment

• sctizzle
                        • Nov 2005

From what I was told steiner sold every jeter game worn jersey they had for at least 10,000. None were sold for less and all are sold out.

Comment

• nickacs
                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
                          Steiner's website and Ebay stores are still in the 10 grand range. At an auction (not including league auction site auctions where the prices tend to be higher) prices normally tend to be lower, in some cases much lower.
                          Not if your consigning to GFC Got an email from them yesterday with a preview of highlighted items from their upcoming April 2010 auction:

4/14/2008 Derek Jeter New York Yankees Game-Used Road Jersey with All Star and Stadium Patches (Yankees-Steiner) (MLB Hologram) Reserve: $9,000

In their last auction in late Nov/Dec also had a home Jeter 2008 (I think) that was min bid at $10k and only 1 person bid to close at $12k (with hammer). And I'm sure the April auction jersey above will sell well too as the 2010 season starts!

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by nickacs
                            Not if your consigning to GFC Got an email from them yesterday with a preview of highlighted items from their upcoming April 2010 auction:

4/14/2008 Derek Jeter New York Yankees Game-Used Road Jersey with All Star and Stadium Patches (Yankees-Steiner) (MLB Hologram) Reserve: $9,000

In their last auction in late Nov/Dec also had a home Jeter 2008 (I think) that was min bid at $10k and only 1 person bid to close at $12k (with hammer). And I'm sure the April auction jersey above will sell well too as the 2010 season starts!
                            Which goes to show it matters who you consign to. Grey Flannel seems to do well in December they sold a Brees jersey that JO consigned for $1,700 more (with hammer) than JO was offering it on their site earlier in Fall 2009. And a Jeter at 12k is more than some of the ones Steiner sells on their site, when they have them in stock. The person who consigned to Vintage Authentics lost half his investment when he could have broke even or made money if he had consigned to a better (for lack of a better word) auction house. Personally I had never heard of Vintage Authentic let alone that they were having an auction if I had I would have bid that jersey up because that guy got a steal.

Comment

• sportscentury
                              • Nov 2005

BIN is $750:

Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

Working...