PDA

View Full Version : Brian Urlacher AMI ?? ATTN 34swtns

dcrules01
03-04-2010, 03:26 AM
I was going through AMI auction and stumbled upon a Brian Urlacher orange Bears gamer worn Nov.13,2005. Has anyone seen 34swtns/Rick around because I thought he owned Urlachers Orange gamer from that game? Did he wear more than 1 during the game? Here is the link any opinions?

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=55744&auccat=Football%20Game-Worn

34swtns
03-04-2010, 07:09 AM
Hey Scotty, that is indeed my Urlacher in the AM auction. Sorry to not give you the heads-up first, I haven't patrolled the board much lately because, frankly, I haven't had much going on.

That '05 is a sweet piece and I hate to let it go but I could honestly use the dough right now.

If you sold a few of those awesome Mets jerseys you could afford it!:D

clinton2828
03-06-2010, 07:48 PM
hopefully you did not send them the jerseys. they have not paid there consigners for years now. very dishonest company to deal with. the owners should be in jail !

sportscentury
03-07-2010, 03:45 AM
hopefully you did not send them the jerseys. they have not paid there consigners for years now. very dishonest company to deal with. the owners should be in jail !

You have to admit, it is pretty amazing that they have been screwing so many people for so many years ... and they have suffered no consequences other than a bad reputation. Really, nothing at all has happened to them. No wonder they keep at it. Frauds and crooks in this hobby simply are not held accountable a lot of the time. It is a shame.

gridman80
03-09-2010, 04:17 PM

AMI has owed me money and I am getting it back by consigning and collecting both ends of the hammer fees. Not ideal by any means but I am getting my money back and they appear to be committed to righting the ship.

34swtns
03-09-2010, 06:25 PM
AMI has owed me money and I am getting it back by consigning and collecting both ends of the hammer fees. Not ideal by any means but I am getting my money back and they appear to be committed to righting the ship.

Good to hear.
And no, AMI doesn't have the orange Urlacher in its possession.

rose14
03-09-2010, 08:48 PM
I'm sorry but it is totally unacceptable for AMI to have to use customers current consignments to help return funds that should have been paid from the original consignments.

What would happen if you had nothing else to sell? How would you get paid back then?

I have consigned with AMI in the past and I can tell you that if they were the last auction house on earth and I had to sell my collection I would rather give it away than take part in helping thieves that have stolen from their customers.

sportscentury
03-09-2010, 09:13 PM
I'm sorry but it is totally unacceptable for AMI to have to use customers current consignments to help return funds that should have been paid from the original consignments.

What would happen if you had nothing else to sell? How would you get paid back then?

I have consigned with AMI in the past and I can tell you that if they were the last auction house on earth and I had to sell my collection I would rather give it away than take part in helping thieves that have stolen from their customers.

Absolutely.

34swtns
03-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Absolutely.

Insult: duly noted.

Noble thoughts, but I'm quite sure this dirtbag will sleep like a baby.
I have no beef with them (yet).

nickacs
03-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Good luck with the jersey tonight! I see it's up to ~$3k, so great for you :) I wish I didn't already spend the cash on some other GU items recently or else I would've bid hard for it.

34swtns
03-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Thanks my friend. The reserve is set at $3500 so if it doesn't hit that mark it doesn't sell. But when you consider that JO sold Urlacher's '07 alternate for 5K and RKG wants 6K for his '06 alt., it's a bargain at that price.

We'll see, I guess. The auction ends in 30 minutes.

entitled_nitwits
03-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Thanks my friend. The reserve is set at $3500 so if it doesn't hit that mark it doesn't sell. But when you consider that JO sold Urlacher's '07 alternate for 5K and RKG wants 6K for his '06 alt., it's a bargain at that price.

We'll see, I guess. The auction ends in 30 minutes.

Did that auction cost you anything, seeing your jersey didn't meet your reserve?

34swtns
03-14-2010, 02:44 AM
No, there was no fee.

CollectGU
03-14-2010, 08:55 AM
I've mentioned this before, but I can't see in all of your photos the definitive photo match. I see things that line up make make it likely and promising as the same jerseys but nothing to me appears to be an actual photo match...

Am I missing something?

Dave

34swtns
03-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Thanks for your opinion.
Rest assured, this is indeed the same jersey.

CollectGU
03-14-2010, 11:16 AM
I agree the amount of evidence you provide makes it very likely it is the same jersey, and I'm not questioning that. My question is where is the actual photomatch?

Thanks,
Dave

34swtns
03-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Every single one of the UV photos that were taken matched the stains on the '05 jersey.
The hit marks and dings on the shoulders and the numerals match the '05 jersey.
The unique placement of the logos and shoulder numbers match the '05 jersey.....on both shoulders.

All photomatches.....lots of them.

CollectGU
03-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Every single one of the UV photos that were taken matched the stains on the '05 jersey.

No they actually don't photo match (taken in its true definition) your jersey at all.
The hit marks and dings on the shoulders and the numerals match the '05 jersey.

Again, I don't see a definitive hit mark that actually "photmatches"

The unique placement of the logos and shoulder numbers match the '05 jersey.....on both shoulders.

All photomatches.....lots of them.

Honest question - Do you believe that if you sent this jersey to MEARS that they would write photomatched in their assessment and give it a 10 grade?

Dave

34swtns
03-14-2010, 09:08 PM
Absolutely, 100%, without a doubt.
In fact, it's been discussed with them.

34swtns
03-14-2010, 09:26 PM
I don't know the reason why you've chosen me to pick a fight with but I'm not interested in nor am I inclined to continue this debate with you.
Enough people who's opinions and expertise I respect have examined this jersey and have all come to the same conclusion.
It is the real deal.
If you don't like it or the information that has been gathered to legitimize it you're certainly entitled to your opinion and I wholeheartedly encourage you to not bid on it should it become available for sale again.

You've made your opinion known so we'll agree to disagree.
Good luck in your future endeavors.

nickacs
03-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Agreed. I think if CollectGU wants to pursue it any further, he can contact 34swtns directly and go from there. Since the AMI auction is over, to me, I think this thread is over and done with :)

I remember your black light photomatching the jersey and here it is again on page 2:
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=27575&page=2&highlight=urlacher

Good luck if/when you ever sell it again!

34swtns
03-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the positive comment, nickacs.
I believe a combination of factors will lead to a successful sale further down the road. This attempt was riddled with exceptions including the format of the auction being a 1-week, primarily internet-only bidding auction without the benefit of any sort of print catalog and very little in the way of promotion.
Not to mention the timing, (NFL offseason), and the somewhat dodgy reputation of AMI of late.
All that being taken into consideration, it still hit $3100.
I think that with the proper format, timing and promotion the jersey could do quite well at auction and perhaps I'll seriously consider re-listing it (properly) again at some point in the future.

legaleagle92481
03-15-2010, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the positive comment, nickacs.
I believe a combination of factors will lead to a successful sale further down the road. This attempt was riddled with exceptions including the format of the auction being a 1-week, primarily internet-only bidding auction without the benefit of any sort of print catalog and very little in the way of promotion.
Not to mention the timing, (NFL offseason), and the somewhat dodgy reputation of AMI of late.
All that being taken into consideration, it still hit $3100.
I think that with the proper format, timing and promotion the jersey could do quite well at auction and perhaps I'll seriously consider re-listing it (properly) again at some point in the future.

Try Grey Flannel, I am going to consign some stuff to them myself have heard great things and they get good prices, in some cases above market value. In the December auction they sold a Brees jersey for over $6,500 I bought the same jersey from the buyer the week of the Super Bowl for $4,500 1.5 months later and the Jared Allen jersey sold for $1,400 and the same week the buyer, a different person then the Brees sold it to me for only a grand. And see the thread about the Jeter jerseys where Nick discussed the Jeter jerseys going for so much in their auction.

nickacs
03-15-2010, 09:11 AM
Legal, I agree too about consigning to GFC. I was talking with another NBA collector just after last Sept GFC NBA HOF auction and he had a pair of someone's NBA sneakers earlier in '09 that he sold to someone that then consigned them in that auction and they went for like $2k more than what the original guy sold them for in the first place! It seems around the time of sports big games (ie Sept for NBA HOF, April/Oct for baseball, June NBA Finals, etc) that it seems those items sell for more than market value.

If I was going to sell any baseball or NBA jerseys, I would pick the auction around those peak sports times and go with either GFC or possibly Lelands. I just think GFC seems to be more "well known", but I could be wrong.