PDA

View Full Version : Vintage 80's Brown Padres jersey?

gingi79
03-07-2010, 12:14 AM
I am feeling nostalgic for the early 80's and wanted to obtain one of my favorite memory inspiring jerseys, the early 80's Brown, yellow and orange Padres jersey.

Nothing like those McDonalds color schemes to remember when a Happy Meal really was all I needed to be happy. Yet another jersey that makes me think of my dad. :)

I am looking for M&N or Authentic or even game worn/ Game issued. Don't really want top tier talent in Game Worn as it's more of an impulse buy. Jerseys with the RAK patch wanted.

I'd be very happy to trade for it but reasonable priced shirts will garner some attention.

Size should range from 46 and up in game worn/issued and 48 or 52 in Authentic and M&N. Not into the re-release replica from Majestic. NOB preferred but their minor league shirts in size 46 and up just as good.

Email me at gingi79@aol.com or respond here.

Jayworld
03-07-2010, 02:54 PM
If you desire the RAK on the jersey sleeve, then you'll be looking for the one-year button down version from 1984, as Krok died just before the season started. For some reason, it seems as though the brown road jerseys are slightly more prevalent than the home whites.

Also, wish you had posted about two weeks ago; I just sold a brown 1980-82 style road Padres minor league jersey out of my collection on eBay after offering it to the forum here for a bit.

Good luck on your search!

gingi79
03-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Thanks to Jay, I know exactly what I am looking for. Anyone have any leads on a 1984 Brown RAK patched Padres jersey?

Authentic from 1984, Mitchell and Ness, Game Issued, Game Worn.....anything?

cjw
03-22-2010, 12:21 AM
I love these era jerseys as well and at 6'1" and 190 lbs, I too look for size 46+ jerseys, but can only find size 42's at best.

http://www.gamewornuniforms.com/catalog/mlbgamejerseyssandiegopadres-c-484_87_321.php