PDA

View Full Version : Looking for more info on SF 1994 NFL jerseys with team loa

nickacs
03-07-2010, 11:34 AM
I was wondering if anyone here has any San Francisco 1994 75th Anniv jerseys with SF Team Letters? I saw a Deion game used playoff 1994 jersey in the last Lelands auction with team letter, but the Getty pics vs. jersey didn't seem to match up perfectly. Not saying it was bad, maybe it was washed since it was cleaner than the pics on Getty's.

So, I came across a game worn Steve Young 1994 red jersey with SF team letter and wondering since the team letters are so generic, how can you be sure that letter goes with the jersey? Probably no way to know, but I know with NBA Bulls CharitaBull letters, the championship trophies at the bottom should be "raised" as I've seen fake letters with them not. So, wasn't sure if anyone knows their letters and anything special to look for, etc.

Any info would be great! Thanks...

hippo916
03-07-2010, 11:53 AM
I have four 1994 49ers jerseys in my collection. They were all purchased from Man of Steal after the season. MOS had a contract with the 49ers to purchase and resell their game-used jerseys. So, the jerseys included 49ers' Carmen Policy's signed letter of authenticity on 49ers stationary, which had the "raised" Super Bowl trophies.

legaleagle92481
03-07-2010, 05:47 PM
I was wondering if anyone here has any San Francisco 1994 75th Anniv jerseys with SF Team Letters? I saw a Deion game used playoff 1994 jersey in the last Lelands auction with team letter, but the Getty pics vs. jersey didn't seem to match up perfectly. Not saying it was bad, maybe it was washed since it was cleaner than the pics on Getty's.

So, I came across a game worn Steve Young 1994 red jersey with SF team letter and wondering since the team letters are so generic, how can you be sure that letter goes with the jersey? Probably no way to know, but I know with NBA Bulls CharitaBull letters, the championship trophies at the bottom should be "raised" as I've seen fake letters with them not. So, wasn't sure if anyone knows their letters and anything special to look for, etc.

Any info would be great! Thanks...

I assume your talking about the Young on Ebay. I have been tempted by it also but there is nothing to stop someone from using an authentic letter and putting it with a jersey other than it came with. So even if the letter is real you can never be 100% sure it goes with the jersey.

nickacs
03-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Hippo - Thanks for the information on the SF team loa letter.

Legal - Yup, the one on Ebay from Sarge92. I have been looking for a legit Steve Young for a long time and coming from the 1994/75th anniv season is that much better. Like you, I am interested, but thinking the same thing. How can I be 100% sure the letter isn't from a legit Young and switched with another jersey. Not saying Sarge's isn't legit, but ya never know.

Thanks guys! :)