PDA

View Full Version : I'm goin to Cooperstown, any suggestions?

murfsteve25
03-08-2010, 07:57 PM
I'm comming home in April and my dad and I are taking a little trip over to Fenway, then over to the hall of fame. If anyone has ever been to Cooperstown I would love to hear about the area. I heard there are baseball shops all around that have memorabilia and sometimes you can catch former players signing autographs. Wouldn't mind picking up a vintage glove at a shop to display in my house. I'd appreciate any cool pics/stories if anyone would like to share. murfsteve25@yahoo.com

jbsportstuff
03-08-2010, 10:21 PM
I didn't see any game used stuff there at all. I don't remember seeing any vintage stuff either. There are autograph shops everywhere. I mean they are everywhere...some selling a lot of the same stuff. I was there last July 4th.

I loved the HOF. It was awesome. The town is very small. Make sure that you see the baseball field. Very cool stuff!

I took TONS of pics of bats and jerseys for reference.

jbsportstuff
03-08-2010, 10:23 PM
The game used comment in my post below was speaking of the memorabilia shops in the area.

I really do wish that we had a edit post feature here. Every other forum that I'm a member of has that feature and I can't see any reason why we shouldn't have that at GUU as well.

mattmueller
03-09-2010, 06:53 AM
I went in October a few years ago, so the "off season", so there were not any autograph sessions while we were there. As a side note, the village is small, very small. I can't imagine how crowded it would be during the summer months.

As noted above, obviously the Hall itself is great, check out the baseball field too. There is a main street that is several blocks long (4-5?) that are on the same street as the Hall, with the Hall being on the end. This street is pretty much restaurants and shops. As my wife commented, she felt like we walked through the same store 85 times. Very little game used, a lot of autographs, cards, retail bat stores, understandably a lot of Hall related items, and more autographs.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Matt

legaleagle92481
03-09-2010, 09:43 AM
I'm comming home in April and my dad and I are taking a little trip over to Fenway, then over to the hall of fame. If anyone has ever been to Cooperstown I would love to hear about the area. I heard there are baseball shops all around that have memorabilia and sometimes you can catch former players signing autographs. Wouldn't mind picking up a vintage glove at a shop to display in my house. I'd appreciate any cool pics/stories if anyone would like to share. murfsteve25@yahoo.com

Book your hotel room early. It is a small town and the rooms fill up fast. The Hall itself is amazing I spent like six hours there when I went.

WadeInBmore
03-09-2010, 06:26 PM
I would just add the following. Allow yourself to get lost and totally immersed in the town as it will be a baseball experience that you'll never forget. Know what is going on the days that you'll be there but don't plan every minute of every day. You will surely see some amazing things an meet some great people/fans along the way.

Wade

shoremen44
03-09-2010, 09:08 PM
My recomendation is for Fenway... not cooperstown... Take a Ballpark tour... we took one before a day game on a Sunday last year... got our pics taken on the field, and then watched batting practice from the top of the Monster

It was wicked awesome...

WadeInBmore
03-09-2010, 09:38 PM
My recomendation is for Fenway... not cooperstown... Take a Ballpark tour... we took one before a day game on a Sunday last year... got our pics taken on the field, and then watched batting practice from the top of the Monster

It was wicked awesome...

I made the Fenway pilgrimage with my pops a couple years back and my experience was "wicked awesome" as well. We didn't do the ballpark tour...I figured that we would do our own version during the game (something you can do at Camden Yards), however in Boston not so much. Get there early to experience Fenway from every vantage point...in other words access to the green monster is unavailable during game time unless your seat is up there and exploring the stadium during game time was more or less frowned upon. It could've changed. It was a great experience when all was said and done. Be sure to give yourself a chance to check out some of the local shops around the stadium! Have fun.

murfsteve25
03-09-2010, 09:38 PM

It was wicked awesome...
Ya i deff wanna take the tour. where all were u able to go?

shoremen44
03-10-2010, 09:07 AM
Ya i deff wanna take the tour. where all were u able to go?

We walked around the park... down in front of the Visitor's bench and then to the top of the Monster for BP

BP up there was awesome... the guys hit the Monster about 50 times and there about 20 Homes runs that either went over the wall or landed in the seats up there

murfsteve25
03-10-2010, 03:56 PM
We walked around the park... down in front of the Visitor's bench and then to the top of the Monster for BP

BP up there was awesome... the guys hit the Monster about 50 times and there about 20 Homes runs that either went over the wall or landed in the seats up there
Nice pics. You just gave me more motivation

joelsabi
03-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Nice pics. You just gave me more motivation

Hi Steve,

Just wondering if you can give us a report on any signs of third party authentication at the HOF Museum. I am just curious if there are any MLB Authentication stickers visible on any items within the museum. I doubt any slabbed cards but was curious about the equipment, especially recent stuff from the 2009 World Series display.

Have fun and take your time around the exhibits.

murfsteve25
03-10-2010, 08:13 PM
Hi Steve,

Just wondering if you can give us a report on any signs of third party authentication at the HOF Museum. I am just curious if there are any MLB Authentication stickers visible on any items within the museum. I doubt any slabbed cards but was curious about the equipment, especially recent stuff from the 2009 World Series display.

Have fun and take your time around the exhibits.
I will deff take a look and let you know. I'll have my camera with me too so if i find any, expect some pics.