PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Restoration

DeacDoug
03-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Just purchased at auction a '63 Phillies Don Demeter flannel. The jersey was recycled to the minors, as many Phils' jerseys were in those day, and now has "[Peninsula] Tides" on the front. Can anybody here restore "Phillies" to the front or know somebody who can? Willing to pay a reasonable amount for a professional job. I know some the guys, like Dick Dobbins, who used to do this work have passed. Thanks for any assistance.

sox83cubs84
03-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Just purchased at auction a '63 Phillies Don Demeter flannel. The jersey was recycled to the minors, as many Phils' jerseys were in those day, and now has "[Peninsula] Tides" on the front. Can anybody here restore "Phillies" to the front or know somebody who can? Willing to pay a reasonable amount for a professional job. I know some the guys, like Dick Dobbins, who used to do this work have passed. Thanks for any assistance.

I don't want to "volunteer" him, but Lon Lewis of this forum has extensive experience in legitimate restorations and does quality work.

Dave M.
Chicago area

DeacDoug
03-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Thanks Dave. I appreciate and admire your long contributions to the game-used hobby/business. Thanks.

VERIS#60
03-09-2010, 06:04 PM
DeacDoug...could you please contact me at my email? brucecaplinger@yahoo.com Thanks!