PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know anything about Hollywood Collectibles?

geoff
05-15-2006, 01:41 PM
Anybody have had any dealings with Hollywood Collectibles run by Rich Altman.I bought something with a certificate that came from him and this company.Thanks Geoff

nesportspromotions
05-15-2006, 01:48 PM
He's know as a reputable guy BUT he's NOT an autograph expert. He tries to do the right thing but he is not always correct. (Who is?)

If you are buying Bill Russell or Dwyane Wade you are all set. It's good stuff.

On vintage I'd only buy it from him if I were getting a CASH back (NOT trade) guarantee if JSA or PSA says the item is bad.

All the best.

Anybody have had any dealings with Hollywood Collectibles run by Rich Altman.I bought something with a certificate that came from him and this company.Thanks Geoff

drizer7
03-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Has anyone ever done business with them or heard if their items are legitimate?? Will Mears or PSA/DNA pass items of theirs?

allstarsplus
03-09-2010, 08:44 PM

I have purchased a few items from Rich and they have been real nice. I stick to the athletes that I know he personally has a relationship with.

dcgreg25
03-09-2010, 10:34 PM
I bought a few items from Rich and was very satisfied. He is known as a reputable dealer but again a COA is not bulletproof- you should do your reasearch as well.

Manram
03-09-2010, 11:28 PM
I have bought some game used items from him. They turned out to be nice, and had a smooth transaction. Would do business with them again

sox83cubs84
03-10-2010, 02:09 PM
I've always liked Rich, and he was very appreciative of a favor I did for him after a Chicago show a few years back. He accidentally left some documents behind after packing up and leaving. I stumbled across them and sent them to him. His response included a nice note and a free signed 8x10 of Sam Jones (Celtics).

Dave M.
Chicago area

chipperhank44
03-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Met him at a show, really nice guy, he does have personal relationships with some nice players, hooks up through friendships with their agents. From what I've seen his baseball stuff looks great, I would assume the relationships allow for some autographs, but yeah always do your homework

legaleagle92481
03-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Great company always high quality stuff. Has brought stuff from alot of great players onto the market and he got Bill Russell to sign consistently, which was quite the feat. Don't pass g/u he sells from players he is exclusive with though because he gets it in small quantities and it goes quick, especially bats and jerseys.

tbone90
03-11-2010, 10:28 AM
I also have purchased several game used items. They have all been nice and I've been satisifed with my communication with Hollywood collectibles. Much like others tough I'd emphasize doing your homework.