PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne Wade 07-08 road/black jersey on eBay

sportscentury
03-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Here is the auction in question:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Dwyane-Wade-Game-Worn-Used-Jersey-NBA-Miami_W0QQitemZ250595261902QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_D efaultDomain_0?hash=item3a58a43dce

I have seen this jersey on eBay a few times and I believe it is the same jersey I was offered a few months ago. The problem is that it does not have the XX (20) patch on the left shoulder. I asked the seller about this and he said that there was no evidence of a patch being removed, either (even if there had been, this also would have been unusual as the Heat do not generally recycle jerseys in that fashion). I checked photos of D-Wade in all of the games on Getty for the 2007-2008 season and it appears that, including the pre-season, he/they wore these patches in every game. The seller told me that he got it from a good source before the end of the 07-08 season, so that rules out the possibility of it being a carry-over that was used in 08-09. What am I missing here? I don't want to jump the gun on this jersey or the seller, but I am perplexed as to how this jersey could have been game worn by D-Wade. Any thoughts?

As an aside, I am always looking to add to my D-Wade PC. Email is below. Thanks.

sox83cubs84
03-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Reid:

That isn't the first time I've seen a modern NBA jersey that was purported to be game-worn but was missing any evidence of an intact or removed patch that negates the likelihood of actual game use.

I've seen a few 2001-02 gamers over the past year on eBay that had no imprint or presence of the 9-11 patch that was worn by all but 1 team that season (the Raptors wore a similarly themed patch, but with both American and Canadian flags in the design).

Also, from my days at MEARS, I recall a 2004-05 (second year) Lebron James road jersey that was ready to be certified when I pointed out that the memoriam band the Cavs wore in '04-'05 wasn't there and never WAS there.

If I don't see a season-long patch on a jersey it was supposed to be on in ANY sport, nor any evidence of the patch's one-time presence, I'll pass on the piece...even a game-issued jersey, IMO, should have the appropriate patch(es) on it.

Dave M.
Chicago area