03-14-2010, 06:54 PM
Interesting story I just ran across in the SF Chronicle:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/03/14/SPDP1CFGVU.DTL

Manram
03-14-2010, 09:12 PM
That is pretty cool. He has nothing better to do, because he is always hurt :D

tbone90
03-15-2010, 11:56 AM
I think it's pretty cool. I've always liked when new, small company MLB approved bats hit the game used market. There's always the thrill of the chase find a GOOD game used one or one used from a prominent player. I recently picked up an Adrian Gonzalez Trinity and would like to get a nice g/u B45. That the new company has a MLB player/owner and investers makes it more interesting to me as well.

Does anyone know if Omar Vizquel still owns Route 66 Klubs?

P.S. No disrespect Brian, LVS will always be the gold standard! :D

BMH
03-15-2010, 01:14 PM
No problem, I saw two of their sales reps visiting the Diamondbacks. From what I understand they bought all the old Diablo equipment.
New companies are interesting, I always wonder why on earth anyone would want to make professional bats after seeing what I have seen. Case in point, I've been told Marucci is having trouble at the moment. I don't know what type but they have solicited players for buy ins and are late on delivery to teams. Some teams have been waiting since last year for orders. I believe I have even seen Pujols swinging a Max bat instead of a Marucci.

metsbats
03-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Marucci just redid their retail website too. I was going to order another custom bat from them but after what Brian reported I may hold off. I mean if the pro player can't get their orders filled...

BMH
03-16-2010, 10:19 AM
I would take what I say with a grain of salt, I am the competition you know:D . I would not hold back from ordering either. Hell, give them a call and see if there is a problem. Like I said, I have no first hand knowledge if there is indeed a problem. Just what I've been told in clubhouses. Maybe they had a late start because of the new rules...who knows.

shoremen44
03-16-2010, 11:33 AM
I believe I have even seen Pujols swinging a Max bat instead of a Marucci.

Brian... you need to get Albert using a LS again

BMH
03-16-2010, 04:33 PM
He had been having some issues with us and the final straw was some warped bats he rolled across the floor in the clubhouse. That was a few years back and he hasn't swung us since. We have made our product better since then but the damage is done. I would bet every other company would have to go out of business before...no wait, he would probably start his own before using us again:o

I don't even look in his direction when I'm in the clubhouse with him. I know our other sales reps want to get him but making him sample bats is a waste of wood.

bigtruck260
03-16-2010, 04:39 PM
[quote=BMH;193074]He had been having some issues with us and the final straw was some warped bats he rolled across the floor in the clubhouse. quote]

Did he roll them in front of you? That has to be a nightmare...

I have been in some strange sales situations, but that one would be one where I would want to crawl into a hole. I wonder how many of his homers/hits have been made with LS...I bet Jeff knows.

BMH
03-16-2010, 06:24 PM
Not me, our head sales rep Chuck...in front of the whole clubhouse and giving him hell about it. We were having drying issues with our Maple and we paid dearly for it. I believe that happened before I took over the Pro department...can't remember exact dates. Jeff would be able to tell us:D

Birdbats
05-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Never saw this thread until tonight when I was Googling "Diego Bats" (two Cardinals players have used Diego this weekend). The Pujols anecdotes are very interesting. The last time Albert used an M9 was opening day 2007 for three plate appearances. On 9/12/07, he used an LS ash bat for one AB. That's the last time I've seen LS in his hands. I started tracking Albert's ABs in 2005. This table shows what he has used since the '04 WS: http://webpages.charter.net/birdbats/Birdbats/Notes%20and%20Articles/Pujols%20Bat%20Use.htm

scootmagroot
05-09-2010, 12:39 AM
He did buy out Diablos stuff. I went to HS with him, and talked for a bit with Eric Munson about it at spring training. Theres a few guys using them, mostly former/current A's.

BMH.....can you tell me what year it was when Chavez was using LVS? I wanna say it was 1999-2001 era when he gave me a few of his while i was in college

BMH
05-09-2010, 11:18 PM
I can look it up...The interesting part is he's ordered bats from us this year. As soon as I saw the order I called upstairs and wanted to cancel the order. I already knew he was just wanting the model so he could copy it.But alas, a sale is a sale in my department. We sent him three C12's.

scootmagroot
05-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Interesting....if it takes too much dont worry about it.I wanna say he gave me some my 2nd year of college, and that wouldve been 2001. They are 271s

DonTheLegend
05-11-2010, 08:38 AM
Jeff , that list is absolutely ridiculous!

you , my friend, are the master.

....and we all (or most) appreciate your dedication!

OaklandAsFan
05-11-2010, 08:52 AM
Chavy used LVS bats in 2000 and 2001, I have one from him from that time. Chavy is a bat whore really, the guy used to switch companies almost per AB a few years back. I have a LVS, an Easton, a SAM, a Diablo (actually 3 of them), a Marruci and a Diego bat all GU by him in my collection

Funny thing is that he spent the entire spring using his new Diego bats and getting his teammates to use them and then on opening night he was using a SAM bat instead of his Diego bats.

As far as Marruci goes, there seems to be a tremendous amount of players swinging them this year and maybe they just couldn't handle the amount of orders made.