PDA

View Full Version : American Memorabilia Auctions-Your Killing Me!!!

gameused
03-18-2010, 01:22 AM
Just viewed the latest American Memorabilia auction and I had to laugh when I read the description for a 2009 blonde Dustin Pedroia bat.

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=55881&auccat=Baseball%20Game-Used&offset=0

The number on the knob was change from 15 to the number 16 and in their description they write: "Knob is marked with a sloppy 15 (to note it's not a 16)"

Not a 16?? These guys are trying to sell this bat as a Pedroia gamer when we all can see the number 15 was change to number 16. Geore Kottaras wore number 16 during the 2009 season.

American Memorablia get "real" or get out of the business, your "stinking" up this hobby we all love!

Bobby

gameused
03-18-2010, 02:16 AM
Here's a Pedroia two-tone bat and for all of you that's Pedroia's number 15 on the knob and not Jacoby Ellsburys number 46:confused:

The person who wrote the number on the knob of the bat......his hand must have slipped or it could be just some "sloppy" writing!:D

worldchamps
03-18-2010, 09:41 AM
I think instead of a 46, it is a 15, and he hit 3 homeruns with it, and those are home run tick marks added to the 15. So that is pretty cool, you have a bat that 3 home runs was hit with.

lowell25
03-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Hey - they changed the description of the bat. Someone complained.

matt
03-18-2010, 12:23 PM
Am I mistaken, or didn't they have a bunch of these Sox items (Ells rookie jersey, Francona jersey, Drew Jersey) in their last auction that closed on 3/11? I thought they had bids on them there. Did they not sell? Did the bidders bail? Anyone else recall this?

These guys scare me.

Matt

legaleagle92481
03-18-2010, 12:45 PM
Am I mistaken, or didn't they have a bunch of these Sox items (Ells rookie jersey, Francona jersey, Drew Jersey) in their last auction that closed on 3/11? I thought they had bids on them there. Did they not sell? Did the bidders bail? Anyone else recall this?

These guys scare me.

Matt

Maybe they did not meet the reserve.

calgrad1999
03-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Did anyone check out the Danny Ainge "game
used" jersey? He didn't play on the kings
in 90-91. He was traded to the Blazers
before the year began. Also he never wore
a jersey with the kings that had a name
above the number

Total junk

apfriz
03-28-2010, 10:11 PM
I am suprised that ANYONE would buy ANYTHING from them?

I first realized they were terrible in 2006 (remember the year because I moved and was the last month in old house)
and they were selling a 1999 braves world series jersey w patch and
everything....

funny thing was, the player, Odalis Perez, didnt pitch an inning for them after july of that season !! ....yet along make the world series roster.

It was then that I told myself to stear very clear away from these people.

it was a nice reminder about due dilligence too !

Joeycola
03-30-2010, 09:25 PM
They scammed me on a Straw bat!!!! Lesson learned I guess

Mulligans
03-31-2010, 11:51 AM
How did they Scam you? That would be pretty important to me as I dropped quite a bit of cash on the Auction.

I am fairly certain that a new member on the forum represents American and has posted in the last few days.

Joeycola
04-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Okay maybe the word "Scammed" was taken out of context or perhaps I should of used another word. Purchased a Game Used Straw Bat and come to find out he rarely IF ever taped his bats and the code does not match his bat orders. Lesson learned to do my homework! Should of stuck to Autographs :D