did steiner ever sell peyton manning gu jerseys?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • legaleagle92481
    Banned
    • Oct 2009

did steiner ever sell peyton manning gu jerseys?

hey guys does anyone know if steiner ever sold peyton manning gu jerseys? if so does anyone know what they came with. ie a credit card style coa or a full letter of authenticity and what kind of hologram a standard one or one of those gu holograms? any info would be greatly appreciated thanks alot.
  • shafrancollectibles.com
    • Jun 2006

Re: did steiner ever sell peyton manning gu jerseys?

I do remember them having some Peyton items a couple years ago. I don't know about their certification on them, however.

Comment

• mbenga28
      • Nov 2008

if you receive Steiner's exclusive e-mail offers, there was one for sale fairly recently around the time of the SuperBowl though I have no clue how the LOA or holograms looked but the do sell game used Peyton jerseys.

Comment

• stitzerfse
        • May 2008

I had access to one not too long ago and it came with the credit card style coa. Why they wouldn't come up with a nice letter is beyond me, as the Colts will track what game each of their jerseys comes from.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
          Banned
          • Oct 2009

thanks guys. i ended up buying it it was the one on ebay from the titans game on 12-30-07, not one of peyton's best games but i have always wanted a peyton. though i cannot fathom why steiner does not issue an loa rather than the credit card one with such items. it makes no sense the player unknown gi yankee pants gets an loa but peyton does not, gotta love steiner.

Comment

• mfsquirrelmaster
            • Jan 2007

I'd still try to find a photomatch from the game. There was a Manning helmet in an auction house a short time ago. I was interested in bidding. I looked for pics on getty and it seemed like all of the pics the horseshoe was at a slightly different angle. Steiner is usually very good. He may have wore more than one helmet, possibly.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
              Banned
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by mfsquirrelmaster
              I'd still try to find a photomatch from the game. There was a Manning helmet in an auction house a short time ago. I was interested in bidding. I looked for pics on getty and it seemed like all of the pics the horseshoe was at a slightly different angle. Steiner is usually very good. He may have wore more than one helmet, possibly.
              yeah the problem is i have no idea how to photomatch. the auction listed several getty image photos that the seller claims easily photomatch it to the game in question i looked at them and at the jersey but i don't know what i am suppossed to be looking for. it is a dark blue qb jersey so it does not have dirt and hit marks on it that i could try to match up.
              if anyone wants to help the getty image #s are #78738420, #78738418, #78738408, #78679642, #78679173, & #78679157 and the item is ebay item number 160415286212. thanks.

Comment

• skinsfan0521
                • Apr 2009

I think that the seller's definition of "photomatch" is much different that this forum's definition of it. I think he's probably referring to a "style match". I agree that I don't know how you'd photomatch it when he specifically says that there is light wear and doesn't mention any team repairs or anything like that.

Not at all saying that it isn't real or can't be photomatched, just saying that there would be no way to do that with low quality getty images for this specific jersey (in my opinion)

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by skinsfan0521
                  I think that the seller's definition of "photomatch" is much different that this forum's definition of it. I think he's probably referring to a "style match". I agree that I don't know how you'd photomatch it when he specifically says that there is light wear and doesn't mention any team repairs or anything like that.

Not at all saying that it isn't real or can't be photomatched, just saying that there would be no way to do that with low quality getty images for this specific jersey (in my opinion)
                  thanks. i am going to call my steiner rep tommorrow and see if he can shed any light on it. i think any kind of photomatch will be impossible as qb jerseys tend to usually show light use and in that game peyton did not play the whole game because of dungy's rest the starters at the end of the season policy. i checked the box score and jim sgori had a better game then peyton.

Comment

• sportscentury
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
                    thanks. i am going to call my steiner rep tommorrow and see if he can shed any light on it. i think any kind of photomatch will be impossible as qb jerseys tend to usually show light use and in that game peyton did not play the whole game because of dungy's rest the starters at the end of the season policy. i checked the box score and jim sgori had a better game then peyton.
                    Impossible if you are just using the thumbnails on the Getty site. Not at all impossible if you have access to the high resolution versions. Even very lightly used (or non-used, for that matter) jerseys typically have oddities in their make-up (stitching abnormalities, loose threads, patch bumps, etc.), by which they can be positively matched if the shirts are indeed the same. Of course, this is assuming that the Getty images are of sufficiently good photomatch quality (the angles are good, the resolution of the original photos is high, etc.).
                    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• skinsfan0521
                      • Apr 2009

Yeah, but how do you get access to the H

Comment

• skinsfan0521
                        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by sportscentury
                        Impossible if you are just using the thumbnails on the Getty site. Not at all impossible if you have access to the high resolution versions. Even very lightly used (or non-used, for that matter) jerseys typically have oddities in their make-up (stitching abnormalities, loose threads, patch bumps, etc.), by which they can be positively matched if the shirts are indeed the same. Of course, this is assuming that the Getty images are of sufficiently good photomatch quality (the angles are good, the resolution of the original photos is high, etc.).
                        Sorry... submitted too early....

So, how do you get access to the HQ images on Getty? From what I understand, the only way is to pay several hundred per image. If there is another (cheaper) way, I'd be very interested to find out.

Thanks!

-Brian

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2009

Steiner confirmed the jersey I bought is the same one they obtained from Peyton (he is one of their exclusive athletes, which gives them access to his gu stuff) in 2008 and sold to one of their customers. I am mentioning this because there has been alot of discussion about people faking Steiner products on Ebay and apparently Steiner knows this and is willing to look at specfic products to see if they match up so before spending big money on any Steiner item I would encourage anyone to utilize this resource.

Comment

• nickacs
                            • Apr 2009

Steiner confirmed the jersey I bought is the same one they obtained from Peyton (he is one of their exclusive athletes, which gives them access to his gu stuff) in 2008 and sold to one of their customers. I am mentioning this because there has been alot of discussion about people faking Steiner products on Ebay and apparently Steiner knows this and is willing to look at specfic products to see if they match up so before spending big money on any Steiner item I would encourage anyone to utilize this resource.
                            Legal, can you please email when you can, today if possible: nick.twc@gmail.com. I have a question that I think you can help me out with Thanks!

Comment

• gridman80
                              • Feb 2006

Congratulations on your pick-up...Peyton is on track to go down as the best ever IMHO.....great to have ironclad provenance with a piece of that stature...well done!!!....are you planning to post pics here or on the 'latest NFL pick-ups' thread?

Comment

Working...