PDA

View Full Version : did steiner ever sell peyton manning gu jerseys?

legaleagle92481
03-20-2010, 10:16 AM
hey guys does anyone know if steiner ever sold peyton manning gu jerseys? if so does anyone know what they came with. ie a credit card style coa or a full letter of authenticity and what kind of hologram a standard one or one of those gu holograms? any info would be greatly appreciated thanks alot.

shafrancollectibles.com
03-20-2010, 10:57 AM
I do remember them having some Peyton items a couple years ago. I don't know about their certification on them, however.

mbenga28
03-20-2010, 01:10 PM
if you receive Steiner's exclusive e-mail offers, there was one for sale fairly recently around the time of the SuperBowl though I have no clue how the LOA or holograms looked but the do sell game used Peyton jerseys.

stitzerfse
03-20-2010, 01:40 PM
I had access to one not too long ago and it came with the credit card style coa. Why they wouldn't come up with a nice letter is beyond me, as the Colts will track what game each of their jerseys comes from.

legaleagle92481
03-21-2010, 01:59 AM
thanks guys. i ended up buying it it was the one on ebay from the titans game on 12-30-07, not one of peyton's best games but i have always wanted a peyton. though i cannot fathom why steiner does not issue an loa rather than the credit card one with such items. it makes no sense the player unknown gi yankee pants gets an loa but peyton does not, gotta love steiner.

mfsquirrelmaster
03-21-2010, 04:17 AM
I'd still try to find a photomatch from the game. There was a Manning helmet in an auction house a short time ago. I was interested in bidding. I looked for pics on getty and it seemed like all of the pics the horseshoe was at a slightly different angle. Steiner is usually very good. He may have wore more than one helmet, possibly.

legaleagle92481
03-21-2010, 11:02 AM
I'd still try to find a photomatch from the game. There was a Manning helmet in an auction house a short time ago. I was interested in bidding. I looked for pics on getty and it seemed like all of the pics the horseshoe was at a slightly different angle. Steiner is usually very good. He may have wore more than one helmet, possibly.

yeah the problem is i have no idea how to photomatch. the auction listed several getty image photos that the seller claims easily photomatch it to the game in question i looked at them and at the jersey but i don't know what i am suppossed to be looking for. it is a dark blue qb jersey so it does not have dirt and hit marks on it that i could try to match up.
if anyone wants to help the getty image #s are #78738420, #78738418, #78738408, #78679642, #78679173, & #78679157 and the item is ebay item number 160415286212. thanks.

skinsfan0521
03-21-2010, 11:42 AM
I think that the seller's definition of "photomatch" is much different that this forum's definition of it. I think he's probably referring to a "style match". I agree that I don't know how you'd photomatch it when he specifically says that there is light wear and doesn't mention any team repairs or anything like that.

Not at all saying that it isn't real or can't be photomatched, just saying that there would be no way to do that with low quality getty images for this specific jersey (in my opinion)

legaleagle92481
03-21-2010, 08:12 PM
I think that the seller's definition of "photomatch" is much different that this forum's definition of it. I think he's probably referring to a "style match". I agree that I don't know how you'd photomatch it when he specifically says that there is light wear and doesn't mention any team repairs or anything like that.

Not at all saying that it isn't real or can't be photomatched, just saying that there would be no way to do that with low quality getty images for this specific jersey (in my opinion)

thanks. i am going to call my steiner rep tommorrow and see if he can shed any light on it. i think any kind of photomatch will be impossible as qb jerseys tend to usually show light use and in that game peyton did not play the whole game because of dungy's rest the starters at the end of the season policy. i checked the box score and jim sgori had a better game then peyton.

sportscentury
03-22-2010, 04:54 AM
thanks. i am going to call my steiner rep tommorrow and see if he can shed any light on it. i think any kind of photomatch will be impossible as qb jerseys tend to usually show light use and in that game peyton did not play the whole game because of dungy's rest the starters at the end of the season policy. i checked the box score and jim sgori had a better game then peyton.

Impossible if you are just using the thumbnails on the Getty site. Not at all impossible if you have access to the high resolution versions. Even very lightly used (or non-used, for that matter) jerseys typically have oddities in their make-up (stitching abnormalities, loose threads, patch bumps, etc.), by which they can be positively matched if the shirts are indeed the same. Of course, this is assuming that the Getty images are of sufficiently good photomatch quality (the angles are good, the resolution of the original photos is high, etc.).

skinsfan0521
03-22-2010, 10:08 AM
Yeah, but how do you get access to the H

skinsfan0521
03-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Impossible if you are just using the thumbnails on the Getty site. Not at all impossible if you have access to the high resolution versions. Even very lightly used (or non-used, for that matter) jerseys typically have oddities in their make-up (stitching abnormalities, loose threads, patch bumps, etc.), by which they can be positively matched if the shirts are indeed the same. Of course, this is assuming that the Getty images are of sufficiently good photomatch quality (the angles are good, the resolution of the original photos is high, etc.).
Sorry... submitted too early....

So, how do you get access to the HQ images on Getty? From what I understand, the only way is to pay several hundred per image. If there is another (cheaper) way, I'd be very interested to find out.

Thanks!

-Brian

legaleagle92481
03-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Steiner confirmed the jersey I bought is the same one they obtained from Peyton (he is one of their exclusive athletes, which gives them access to his gu stuff) in 2008 and sold to one of their customers. I am mentioning this because there has been alot of discussion about people faking Steiner products on Ebay and apparently Steiner knows this and is willing to look at specfic products to see if they match up so before spending big money on any Steiner item I would encourage anyone to utilize this resource.

nickacs
03-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Steiner confirmed the jersey I bought is the same one they obtained from Peyton (he is one of their exclusive athletes, which gives them access to his gu stuff) in 2008 and sold to one of their customers. I am mentioning this because there has been alot of discussion about people faking Steiner products on Ebay and apparently Steiner knows this and is willing to look at specfic products to see if they match up so before spending big money on any Steiner item I would encourage anyone to utilize this resource.

Legal, can you please email when you can, today if possible: nick.twc@gmail.com. I have a question that I think you can help me out with :) Thanks!

gridman80
03-22-2010, 05:36 PM

Congratulations on your pick-up...Peyton is on track to go down as the best ever IMHO.....great to have ironclad provenance with a piece of that stature...well done!!!....are you planning to post pics here or on the 'latest NFL pick-ups' thread?

legaleagle92481
03-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Congratulations on your pick-up...Peyton is on track to go down as the best ever IMHO.....great to have ironclad provenance with a piece of that stature...well done!!!....are you planning to post pics here or on the 'latest NFL pick-ups' thread?

thanks man. when the jersey arrives i will post pics of it i am considering starting a page on webshots with pics of all my jerseys and other gu stuff so it will be on there, i will post the link when i create it. the crazy thing is i picked up a marvin harrison last week from jo sports never dreamed that i would find a peyton to go with it let alone so soon after. btw i was not snubbing you a couple of weeks back as you may have seen on here i had a bad experience with a buyer who gave me a major hassle over total nonsense on ebay so i went into an overall selling shutdown and i was that way towards everyone, i even refunded money to people who bought items that i had yet to ship.

Dewey2007
03-22-2010, 09:22 PM
[quote=legaleagle92481;193868]i am considering starting a page on webshots with pics of all my jerseys and other gu stuff so it will be on there, i will post the link when i create it.quote]

Webshots is a good idea. Here's is a link to my football jersey collection on their site:

http://sports.webshots.com/album/571947513KuTqHK

legaleagle92481
03-23-2010, 09:29 AM
[quote=legaleagle92481;193868]i am considering starting a page on webshots with pics of all my jerseys and other gu stuff so it will be on there, i will post the link when i create it.quote]

Webshots is a good idea. Here's is a link to my football jersey collection on their site:

http://sports.webshots.com/album/571947513KuTqHK

You have a very nice collection. So I take it you collect guys who played at Cal.

Dewey2007
03-23-2010, 10:40 AM
[quote=Dewey2007;193870]

You have a very nice collection. So I take it you collect guys who played at Cal.

Thanks! I work on campus and I am a big Bears fan so collecting Cal players is the "other" focus of my collection.

gridman80
03-24-2010, 09:26 PM
thanks man. when the jersey arrives i will post pics of it i am considering starting a page on webshots with pics of all my jerseys and other gu stuff so it will be on there, i will post the link when i create it. the crazy thing is i picked up a marvin harrison last week from jo sports never dreamed that i would find a peyton to go with it let alone so soon after. btw i was not snubbing you a couple of weeks back as you may have seen on here i had a bad experience with a buyer who gave me a major hassle over total nonsense on ebay so i went into an overall selling shutdown and i was that way towards everyone, i even refunded money to people who bought items that i had yet to ship.

Not a problem on my end. I understand...Most of us have had similar experiences.....Both parties must be happy doing a deal. Glad to see you scored a Marvin piece....he is going into the HOF on skates as parcells used to say....great technical receiver......If you do ever decide to go back into sell mode on the Revis please consider me once again...if you ever want to trade for other Jets let me know what players interest you...thanks for closing the loop...

sportscentury
03-26-2010, 03:51 PM

Legal, I'm sure you saw this, but in case not...
http://cgi.ebay.com/PEYTON-MANNING-2007-GAME-USED-COLTS-HELMET-STEINER_W0QQitemZ200444931212

legaleagle92481
03-28-2010, 04:01 PM
Legal, I'm sure you saw this, but in case not...
http://cgi.ebay.com/PEYTON-MANNING-2007-GAME-USED-COLTS-HELMET-STEINER_W0QQitemZ200444931212

Thanks for the info. i actually had not seen it when I search ebay i only search for jerseys. i have no helmets in my collection but that would look perfect with my jersey so maybe i will go for it.

nickacs
03-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Legal-
Here's another Peyton item for ya :) Current GFC overtime lot has 2009 game-used pink cleats with NFL LOA:

http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=23498&searchby=0&searchvalue=None&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=100&category=49

legaleagle92481
03-31-2010, 12:50 AM
Legal-
Here's another Peyton item for ya :) Current GFC overtime lot has 2009 game-used pink cleats with NFL LOA:

http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=23498&searchby=0&searchvalue=None&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=100&category=49

thanks. what does overtime mean they added lots after the auction started?

Mulligans
03-31-2010, 11:45 AM
Yes....As Overtime was described to me, It is a last minute addition of what they referred to as "High Quality" Items which would draw strong interest?

I listed the Manning Shoes and the Celtics "Big Baby" Rookie Jersey.

Feel free to bid early and Often!

sonic
03-31-2010, 02:49 PM
Mulligans,
Would you please shoot me an email? Thanks!
sonictemple@aol.com