Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dirtyla2000
    • Apr 2008

Raines Gamer On Ebay

Does this one look shady!Description doesnt make feel better either! What do you guys think?
  • Birdbats
    • Nov 2005

Re: Raines Gamer On Ebay

Originally posted by dirtyla2000
    Does this one look shady!Description doesnt make feel better either! What do you guys think?
    Are you referring to the jersey I listed last night?

What questions do you have? What do you find "shady"? Why does a completely forthcoming and honest description not make you feel better? Let me know and I'll be happy to address your concerns. You may also want to refer to this thread for more information:

Jeff Scott
    birdbats@charter.net
    http://www.birdbats.com

Comment

• sox83cubs84
      Banned
      • Apr 2009

I think Jeff's Raines jersey is just what it OUGHT to be.

Dave M.
      Chicago area

Comment

• karamaxjoe
        • Nov 2005

Description doesnt make feel better either!
        I'm curious what you don't like about the description. Are you referrring to a different Raines jersey? You wont see a better description of a jersey on ebay and that jersey has been discussed here before.
        Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
        ~ Bill Veeck

sigpic

Comment

• dirtyla2000
          • Apr 2008

Never said description is deceiving, just that the jersey is off! I have over 100 expos gamers inc 4 from 89,the tagging doesnt compare to any! If anything it is too honest,sucks to say!

Comment

• nickacs
            • Apr 2009

Never said description is deceiving, just that the jersey is off! I have over 100 expos gamers inc 4 from 89,the tagging doesnt compare to any! If anything it is too honest,sucks to say!
            LOL, are you serious?

I'm not a big baseball jersey collector, but I must say that after reading the Ebay description, it is one of the best I've seen. And the fact it's owned by one of the most respected baseball collectors here and doesn't sell fakes, I can't see how being "too honest" makes this a bad sell?

As the saying goes, if you don't want to bid on it, then don't have to. Don't put the seller down for just being an honest guy selling something.

Comment

• karamaxjoe
              • Nov 2005

Never said description is deceiving, just that the jersey is off!
              Could you be a little more helpful with some examples of your 100 Expos gamers to back up your statement? I believe that's the intent of this site.
              Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
              ~ Bill Veeck

sigpic

Comment

• sportscentury
                • Nov 2005

Most of us just ignore dirtyla2000. He is here to start trouble, not make a meaningful contribution. I would suggest doing a search of his past threads and posts for endless proof.
                Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• amerks25
                  • Dec 2009

I believe the shirt to be "good". I purchased a Tim Wallach jersey at the same auction, with tagging in the collar and similar wear.
                  No deception in my opinion.

Comment

• dirtyla2000
                    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by sportscentury
                    Most of us just ignore dirtyla2000. He is here to start trouble, not make a meaningful contribution. I would suggest doing a search of his past threads and posts for endless proof.
                    Start trouble? Im the only expo collector in this forum,and I stated my opinion based on what I have and seen! Again,never mentioned deception,I have no doubt sellers intentions are good! As for you ,how many expos gamers do you own,thought so!

Comment

• emann
                      • Nov 2008

Start trouble? Im the only expo collector in this forum,and I stated my opinion based on what I have and seen! Again,never mentioned deception,I have no doubt sellers intentions are good! As for you ,how many expos gamers do you own,thought so!
                      you aren't the only Expos collector on here, although I stick mostly to bats.

I'd be very interested to see pics of the tagging from other 1989 Expos jerseys posted here for reference. I went back & forth on the same issue with this jersey earlier also and the existence of the Tim Wallach doesn't resolve it for me since they're from the same source... Add to the fact, Jeff himself discovered one of the other jerseys sold from Ozzie's restaurant to be a display jersey (Herzog's 1985 WS jersey) that was labeled and sold as a gamer.

While I think the jersey is probably legit, I do think the tagging discrepancy is going to haunt this one for awhile. It'd be nice to see other Expos/Raines examples from that time period to compare though...

Comment

• Danny899
                        • Apr 2007

[quote=dirtyla2000;194201]Start trouble? Im the only expo collector in this forum quote]

Is that a fact? I have quite a few Expo pieces myself. While I don't make a claim to own 100 of them, certainly this doesn't regard you as the only Expo collector here. Perhaps you could share some photos of your grand collection of jerseys, especially the 1989 ones. I and other members here could only benefit from your insight as to why you feel this jersey is shady. Regarding the description, I could only hope that more sellers go this much into detail in listing their pieces.
                        Dan

Comment

• cjw
                          • Oct 2006

This guy may have something to say about that. Check out post 66 in this thread.

WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

Comment

• platinum1
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by cjw
                            This guy may have something to say about that. Check out post 66 in this thread.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ighlight=expos
                            That collection is AMAZING!!!!!

Comment

• dirtyla2000
                              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by cjw

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ighlight=expos
                              thats my basement,and my wife sleeping on the couch! that was a longtime,I created an other name because I forgot which password i was using! I will post the 89 tags tonite!

Comment

Working...