PDA

View Full Version : game used items

eric16841
03-23-2010, 01:30 PM
Maybe you guys don't want to give away secrets. I'm new to collecting game used items and wondering how do you guys get some of these items. I know there's ebay and steiner but there most be other outlets you use. If you mind helping out its great if not its understandable.

TNTtoys
03-23-2010, 01:47 PM
Maybe you guys don't want to give away secrets. I'm new to collecting game used items and wondering how do you guys get some of these items. I know there's ebay and steiner but there most be other outlets you use. If you mind helping out its great if not its understandable.

Eric,

The purpose of this site is to help and educate... so here are a few outlets we all use to locate game used items:

mlb.com (auctions)
nfl.com (auctions)
our own collector to collector classifieds & items wanted sections
game used universe auctions
hunt auctions
heritage auctions
leland's
robert edward auctions
mears online auctions
premier auctions
huggins & scott
vintage authentics
and there are various other websites that sell game used memorabilia

Welcome aboard,

Nick

treasurechest collectibles
03-23-2010, 01:59 PM
There is also a thread that has direct contact numbers of the individuals in charge of game used items for each team. Contact them and ask to be put on their email list.

sportscentury
03-23-2010, 02:02 PM

Eric - in addition to TNT's list (which is very good), I would add that MeiGray is terrific for hockey and basketball. Upper Deck gets good items here and there, too (though not as much in game used as some other places). Ball Park Heroes is also excellent. The best thing you can do is be a part of GUU and get to know folks ... especially the members who have collecting interests that are similar to yours. I am periodically offered terrific items by GUU members who know me and understand the items I'm pursuing.

eric16841
03-23-2010, 02:15 PM
I appreciate the help very much. I'm huge nick swisher fan so I'm looking for any his items. Also a yankee collector. I'm actually getting married in a few days and having a Yankee theme wedding on the 10 of april followed b opening day three days later. I'm excited and I will have my few items already owned at. Wedding and hope to get a few more

TNTtoys
03-23-2010, 02:20 PM
Surprised nobody thought of adding this (myself included)... whereas some teams have a marketing company for their game used (i.e. Steiner markets for the New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox and L.A. Dodgers, etc.), a great number of teams sell their own game used equipment either through a distribution arm or on their own websites. Teams like the Mets and Tigers have a game used / authentics manager who interface directly with the public on the sale of game used items. It is also useful to find out if your team(s) sell to the public directly and get yourself on their distribution lists.

legaleagle92481
03-23-2010, 02:30 PM

Grey Flannel and Hunts Auctions and for football Jo Sports and NFL Auctions.