PDA

View Full Version : Grey Flannel Auctions

Mulligans
03-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Has anyone sold items through GF? What were your experiences? Are they as reputable as they say that they are?

legaleagle92481
03-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Has anyone sold items through GF? What were your experiences? Are they as reputable as they say that they are?

I have heard very good things. They seem to generate very good prices. I am going to try them for their next auction but have not dealt with them as a consignor yet. If your unsure maybe just consign a few things and if you have a good experience cosign more next time that is probably what I am going to do.

dcgreg25
03-25-2010, 10:36 AM
Mulligams, many members have very strong opinions about Grey Flannel. Many of them I am sure will respond to your post. For some great background, run a search of forum using the term Grey Flannel. There you will find the good, the bad and the ugly opinions about Grey Flannel. There was a lot of talk/discussion in the spring/summer of last year about them. Hope this helps!

drexler22
03-25-2010, 03:03 PM
So do u recommend the company personally?

Mulligams, many members have very strong opinions about Grey Flannel. Many of them I am sure will respond to your post. For some great background, run a search of forum using the term Grey Flannel. There you will find the good, the bad and the ugly opinions about Grey Flannel. There was a lot of talk/discussion in the spring/summer of last year about them. Hope this helps!

dcgreg25
03-25-2010, 04:12 PM

Personally, I have had positive experiences in dealing with them and currently do business with them, so yes. However, others on the board have had very different experiences. Most of the issues I have heard of come from buyers issues with items in the auction and/or customer services issues. You are smart to do your homework on who you trust with your items. I will not rehash a lot of what has been written here already and strongly reccomend you do a search on them for the stories.

Purely from a consigner's prospective, I think they, along with GUU Auctions, probably deliver the best prices among the auction houses right now. Their catalogs are among the best in the business and they have many loyal buyers.

nickacs
03-25-2010, 04:12 PM

Personally, I think over the last 2.5yrs I've been on this board, the majority of the "issues" with GFC has been with the items selling in their auctions rather than consignors. I don't think I've ever heard much from a consignor having any issues, but I could be wrong. Definitely searching the forum is a great place to start.

If I was to consign anything I had, GFC would be my top 1 or 2 with Lelands and Hunt in the mix. Just my 2cents :)

Good luck

TriplexXxSports
03-25-2010, 05:51 PM

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=32627

CollectGU
03-26-2010, 09:01 AM
I noticed that Robert Harvell (aneas), GUU resident helmet expert, is now working with Grey Flannel as well as Denny Esken on gloves. Both are mentioned in the intro. letter in the current catalogue and both are tops in their areas of expertise and very smart additions to their authentication team...If Robert reads this perhaps he can comment on his role....

Best,
Dave

otismalibu
03-26-2010, 09:21 AM
I noticed that Robert Harvell (aneas), GUU resident helmet expert, is now working with Grey Flannel as well as Denny Esken on gloves. Both are mentioned in the intro. letter in the current catalogue and both are tops in their areas of expertise and very smart additions to their authentication team...If Robert reads this perhaps he can comment on his role....

What's the new website that's mentioned in the intro?

legaleagle92481
03-26-2010, 09:41 AM
JO and Steiner consign to them, which vouches for them a bit. As a consignor the main concerns are prices realized and will I get paid and I have never heard of them not paying their consignors and they seem to realize good prices. Every company has buyers with complaints and every auction house has auctioned off items that later turn out to be not authentic it is just the nature of the beast. Plus on here especially with the complaints we are just getting one side of the story.