PDA

View Full Version : Chambliss jersey Opinions

yanks12025
03-25-2010, 09:15 PM
Hello,
So i was wondering if i can get you guys thoughts on this jersey. Even though i did my research after winning the auction i noticed something different in this jersey than other ones and still cant see how i missed it the first time. The jersey in question is a 1983 Chris Chambliss road jersey. The problem i see is it has a Strip Tag with both the year and set number on it. I looked through all the past auction sales of any Brave jersey from the 1980's that i could find and none of them have the set number on the year tag. So has anyone here come across a Braves jersey that has a set number on the strip tag. To make things worse Dave Groh wrote a article about a Dale Murphy jersey from 1983 and it had a strip tag with a set number but the jersey was a fake. So why would they change this stip tag just for a Chambliss jersey.

Dave Miedema,
I understand what your saying in your email and I trust your opinion alot, but i just dont see why this Chambliss would be different from any other Braves jersey, i just want to make sure its good.

I really want this to end good because i have always wanted to get a Chambliss jersey for my father(his birthday is next month). Thanks for any help

http://www.hugginsandscott.com/cgi-bin/showitem.pl?itemid=19805&catid=233&lotno=218

ham1963
03-26-2010, 08:57 AM
I see that the jersey that I had bought from the Braves that year has resurfaced.

yanks12025
03-27-2010, 05:58 AM
Ham,
I sent you a email about what you know dealing with the jersey. Thanks
boblee89@yahoo.com

ham1963
03-29-2010, 08:18 AM
Yanks,
I remember that I bought 2 jerseys that year the Chambliss (road) and Watson (Home) from Doak Ewing who worked for the Braves. I do remember the that I got the Watson autographed at a Braves game in 84. I sold both jerseys to pay for college tution. As far as the tagging goes I am drawing a blank. Hope this helps

yanks12025
03-29-2010, 08:23 AM
Ham,
Thanks for getting back to me. But i want to make sure, you are sure this is the same Chambliss jersey you bought back then. Thanks

sox83cubs84
03-29-2010, 05:00 PM
The story of acquisition makes sense. Back in the 1980s, Braves jerseys were not hard to find, and the reasons were a hobby-friendly team equipment manager (very rare 26 years ago), Bill Acrie, as well as Ewing and hobby friend Phil Schafer. Ewing and Schafer were to Barves jerseys in that era what Steiner is to Yankees stuf today, albeit without LOAs and holograms.

Dave M.
Chicago area

ham1963
03-30-2010, 01:09 PM
Yanks,
I cannot tell for sure if the Chambliss jersey was the one that was bought. Chambliss had more than one road jersey that year but not as many as they have now days. I suggest you check the jersey by photo matching it. I wish I could more help to you if it was the Watson I could tell you where it was autographed.
Good Luck