PDA

View Full Version : Ortiz Helmet in American Memorabilia Auction

matt
03-26-2010, 09:12 AM
Did anyone else research the "2006" helmet from Ortiz that closed last night? The link is now gone, so I cannot get it to post here. In any case, it was NOT a 2006 helmet, but looked legit and I tried real hard to photomatch it but failed. It did not appear to sell last night though it was bid up above $500.

Matt

prosvr1
03-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Please contact me about this helmet
prosvr1@tds.net

Thanks

Mulligans
03-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Yes...I was wondering the same thing as I had also bid on it. Prosvr1....you are the American representative aren't you?:)

prosvr1
03-26-2010, 05:03 PM
I have nothing to do with the day to day business operations of American, I got caught up in the deal, due to them owing me money for items I have sold with them in the past.

Victor has made every effort to take care of the money he owed me. which was a very large number. Still not paid in full, but I'm well on the way and have got more money then I thought I was going to get when this problem began.

And I don't want this to sound like I'm helping them out in anyway I have had to sell items, I probably wouldn't have sold, to get my money back, But I guess it's not a bad thing to move some items and purchase others.

As for the helmet, I was told what year it was, when it was purchased and that's what I went with, Now Matt has been, nice enough to help out with some information and I'm sure the helmet will go back up for sale with the proper description. From what I have found so far, it's possible it is a 2004 helmet.

Thanks