PDA

View Full Version : Dickerson Jersey: $450??

earlywynnfan
03-26-2010, 11:34 PM
Say, I'm not a FB jersey guy, but thought this looked cool. Why did it go so cheap?

http://www.hugginsandscott.com/cgi-bin/showitem.pl?itemid=19808

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

mfsquirrelmaster
03-27-2010, 03:10 AM
I put in a primary bid on that jersey. Wasn't really interested in to many other items so I just forgot about the auction. I think the biggest reason it didn't go higher is because its a Colts jersey and not a Rams shirt.

scottanservitz
03-27-2010, 08:54 AM
That jersey if I am not mistaken, sold at AMI awhile back. I believe it went for right around the $500 mark. I agree that it should be worth more, but it has sold right around the same so maybe the Colts thing is the reason it isn't as expensive. I don't know, seems like a good price to me.

Scott

scottanservitz
03-27-2010, 08:58 AM
Ok, not the same one.

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=39411&aucsearch=eric dickerson jersey&AucListType=closed&TitleDesc=0&period=

I like the Huggins better. More usage traits.

legaleagle92481
03-27-2010, 10:33 AM
way too cheap leads me to doubt its authenticity. running back jerseys typically show heavy use even if the guy only had a few carries in the game this is a white jersey that does not look very used from the pictures and the moderate wear description is consistent with that. running back is a very phyiscal position and typically those jerseys have hit marks throughout, etc. the fact that it is a colts jersey does not matter all that much as eric had a couple of good years with them including a 1,600 yard plus season in which he won the rushing title and he became the fastest man to 10,000 yards while with them. plus there are not many jerseys of his on the market. jo sports had one that they sold for 7,500 recently it was a rams but it is not 7,000 more valuable because of that.

mfsquirrelmaster
03-28-2010, 05:08 AM
It says moderate wear with repairs in the descripition so maybe the pictures don't do the jersey justice? I think it's far less likely to have a questionable jersey from over 20 years ago but then again they would have worn the jersey for several games. There are a ton of very questionable shirts from the stars of today.

legaleagle92481
03-28-2010, 07:39 PM
It says moderate wear with repairs in the descripition so maybe the pictures don't do the jersey justice? I think it's far less likely to have a questionable jersey from over 20 years ago but then again they would have worn the jersey for several games. There are a ton of very questionable shirts from the stars of today.

I agree with what you say. The pics could be bad I have gotten jerseys from nfl auctions where in the pic the thing look like it had no use and then the jersey will arrive hammered with use. i have not seen the jersey in person so i cannot say for sure. the price is a huge red flag though. dickerson is a hofer one of the top 10 backs ever and the man who holds the single season rushing record a jersey of his should not be going for 450 bucks in an auction, that is the price range that fringe offensive lineman go in not hof running backs. plus a jersey of his recently sold for 7,500. so either the jersey is fake or somene got an amazing deal. if i were the cosnignor and the jersey was real i would be raving mad right now.

sportscentury
03-29-2010, 02:59 AM
I agree with what you say. The pics could be bad I have gotten jerseys from nfl auctions where in the pic the thing look like it had no use and then the jersey will arrive hammered with use. i have not seen the jersey in person so i cannot say for sure. the price is a huge red flag though. dickerson is a hofer one of the top 10 backs ever and the man who holds the single season rushing record a jersey of his should not be going for 450 bucks in an auction, that is the price range that fringe offensive lineman go in not hof running backs. plus a jersey of his recently sold for 7,500. so either the jersey is fake or somene got an amazing deal. if i were the cosnignor and the jersey was real i would be raving mad right now.

Legal -- You have mentioned a couple of times in this thread that a Dickerson was sold by JO Sports for $7500. Are you sure it was sold at this price, or could it just be that it was listed at this price and then marked SOLD on the website? I have a couple of friends who have bought a number of football jerseys from JO and they always tell me that their buying prices are well-below the prices listed on the website. It reminds me of the discussion here on GUU about the Favre jerseys worn in half a game that were listed for $20G a piece. It was just hard to believe that they actually sold for this amount. Just curious as to your thoughts.

scottanservitz
03-29-2010, 05:07 PM
Ok, so I too have looked at that one on JO and it was listed for a long time on there for $2,500 with no takers. Now it is pending at $7,500? That is very interesting.

David
03-30-2010, 11:52 AM
My dad knew of a guy who invented a new computer meteorological stytem for tracking weather and such, but he couldn't sell it companies. Someone in the business told him his price was too low, and companies thus would think it wasn't very good. The inventor tripled the price and it sold like hotcakes.

legaleagle92481
03-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Legal -- You have mentioned a couple of times in this thread that a Dickerson was sold by JO Sports for $7500. Are you sure it was sold at this price, or could it just be that it was listed at this price and then marked SOLD on the website? I have a couple of friends who have bought a number of football jerseys from JO and they always tell me that their buying prices are well-below the prices listed on the website. It reminds me of the discussion here on GUU about the Favre jerseys worn in half a game that were listed for $20G a piece. It was just hard to believe that they actually sold for this amount. Just curious as to your thoughts.

I have always bought at the price listed on the site. But thanks for bringing it up because I was unaware of that and I asked them and they said they listen to offers so I made one on a jersey I have eyed for awhile but felt was overpriced at the listed price so hopefully they accept it. So I have no idea what the actual sales prices are and am not going to speculate.

LA_1968
04-11-2010, 03:32 AM
http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=23145&searchby=3&searchvalue=dickerson%20rams&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=100&category=1

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=56405&qf=0&t=Open&q=dickerson%20jersey&p=0

Pretty amazing... same jersey on both auction houses at the same time. Team repairs are identical. I don't like the jersey but that's besides the point...

I guess the seller is playing the odds that both winners won't pay. heh

Charles