PDA

View Full Version : Rodriguez' 600th HR game....

marino13
03-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Since Alex received an incentive of $250K to hit the significant homerun at the new Yankee Stadium, do you think he will not try to hit it when the Yankees are on the road?

When do you think it will happens? I will put my two cents in - the first week of june against Baltimore or the following series against the Astros.

If you catch it and without any pending lawsuits that you stole from someone else gloves - would you sell it or would wait?

sox83cubs84
03-29-2010, 05:12 PM
Hard to say...it may not be A-Rod's choice (or Girardi's).

Back in 1974, Hank Aaron's first HR of the season was to be #714, tying Babe Ruth. Manager and former teammate Eddie Mathews announced that he was going to sit Aaron out for the opening series in Cincinnati so that Braves fans would be the ones to see him make history. The announcement drew a sharp rebuke and threat of a huge fine from Commissioner Bowie Kuhn under his nebulous practice of frowning on anything that was not "in the best interests in baseball". In his view, sitting down a healthy Aaron for 3 games for any reason would be just such a violation. Aaron's fans in Atlanta got to see #715, but the record-tying blast was, indeed, hit in Cincinnati.

Dave M.
Chicago area

joelsabi
03-30-2010, 10:27 AM
Since Alex received an incentive of $250K to hit the significant homerun at the new Yankee Stadium, do you think he will not try to hit it when the Yankees are on the road?

When do you think it will happens? I will put my two cents in - the first week of june against Baltimore or the following series against the Astros.

If you catch it and without any pending lawsuits that you stole from someone else gloves - would you sell it or would wait?

arod has an uncanny way of getting his milestone hr at home. ;) i think its in the bag.

allstarsplus
04-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Wow, 17 HRs to reach 600!

The lucky person that catches that ball will be like winning a mini lottery considering what the 500th sold for!

sportscentury
04-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Wow, 17 HRs to reach 600!

The lucky person that catches that ball will be like winning a mini lottery considering what the 500th sold for!

Too bad it won't be his 600th legitimate homerun. We'll never know how many he has hit legitimately. I guess I'm in the minority of folks who remain bothered by this.

allstarsplus
04-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Too bad it won't be his 600th legitimate homerun. We'll never know how many he has hit legitimately. I guess I'm in the minority of folks who remain bothered by this.

It is hard to forget and I have said before I can forgive. That is sort of easy for me to say I can forgive. I am bothered by it, but like you said, there is so much WE'LL NEVER KNOW.

I feel sorry for the families of a player who has died who can't speak for themselves. Hank Aaron and Willie Mays can speak their minds and have.

What would a guy like Babe Ruth say or Roger Maris or Mickey Mantle or Hank Greenberg?

Maris held the single season record and Greenberg held the record of 58 for a righthanded batter. Those records have both been broken as Aaron's career HR record.

One question nobody ever asked Mark McGwire was, "How would you feel if some 'roid head beat your Rookie Record of 49 HRs?" I say that because we all believe Big Mac accomplished the Rookie record without 'roids. That is Mac's one legit crown.

As far as ARod goes, the coming years will be interesting and his story still is'nt finished. Can he surpass Bonds career HR record? See ARod hasn't knocked anyone from the record books except some of his "Youngest HR marks" so 600 HRs is just a footnote. When he starts approaching 755 and 762 then there will be great debate!

Just my opinion.

sportscentury
04-03-2010, 11:28 AM
It is hard to forget and I have said before I can forgive. That is sort of easy for me to say I can forgive. I am bothered by it, but like you said, there is so much WE'LL NEVER KNOW.

I feel sorry for the families of a player who has died who can't speak for themselves. Hank Aaron and Willie Mays can speak their minds and have.

What would a guy like Babe Ruth say or Roger Maris or Mickey Mantle or Hank Greenberg?

Maris held the single season record and Greenberg held the record of 58 for a righthanded batter. Those records have both been broken as Aaron's career HR record.

One question nobody ever asked Mark McGwire was, "How would you feel if some 'roid head beat your Rookie Record of 49 HRs?" I say that because we all believe Big Mac accomplished the Rookie record without 'roids. That is Mac's one legit crown.

As far as ARod goes, the coming years will be interesting and his story still is'nt finished. Can he surpass Bonds career HR record? See ARod hasn't knocked anyone from the record books except some of his "Youngest HR marks" so 600 HRs is just a footnote. When he starts approaching 755 and 762 then there will be great debate!

Just my opinion.

ARod passing Bonds. One fraud passing another. Beautiful. The Bambino must be dizzy from turning over in his grave so much. I'll take a Jeter or an Utley 8 days a week over these fakes.

3arod13
04-03-2010, 11:43 AM
ARod passing Bonds. One fraud passing another. Beautiful. The Bambino must be dizzy from turning over in his grave so much. I'll take a Jeter or an Utley 8 days a week over these fakes.

Let it go my friend....let it go! 50's, 60's, 70's, 80, 90's and even before, players were doing and taking things to help their engery (speed) and performance. We will never know just how much and/or how bad it was, but it's been going on for years.

There are guys right now in the Hall of Fame that aren't clean. Again, we'll never know.

I'm over it. As an Arod fan, I wish he never crossed that line. But he's not alone, and there are hundreds and hundreds more that we'll never know.

But I do agree, when I look at Arod's numbers, what would they be if he didn't use.

Regards, Tony

sportscentury
04-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Let it go my friend....let it go! 50's, 60's, 70's, 80, 90's and even before, players were doing and taking things to help their engery (speed) and performance. We will never know just how much and/or how bad it was, but it's been going on for years.

There are guys right now in the Hall of Fame that aren't clean. Again, we'll never know.

I'm over it. As an Arod fan, I wish he never crossed that line. But he's not alone, and there are hundreds and hundreds more that we'll never know.

But I do agree, when I look at Arod's numbers, what would they be if he didn't use.

Regards, Tony

I'll be the first to admit I'm having a tough time letting it go. Pete Rose's chronic gambling and lying still bother me, too. Too bad that memory-erasing device from "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" is not real! ;)

3arod13
04-03-2010, 01:23 PM
I'll be the first to admit I'm having a tough time letting it go. Pete Rose's chronic gambling and lying still bother me, too. Too bad that memory-erasing device from "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" is not real! ;)

I agree and understand what you're saying! I'm not defending Arod is anyway. I'm just to the point now where I'm sick of hearing about it and there are just too many who used, to bash of few we know about.

I'm having a tough time right now understanding why Arod seen the Canadian doctor in Canada for Inflamatory medicine. Especially one who is known for dealing in steroids and peformance enhancing drugs.

Arod has a doctor. Yankess have doctors. After admitting what he did back with Texas, why would you even want to connect yourself with a doctor like that? Did Arod want something to help him recover quickly by using something that isn't being test? I don't know. I do know that you if put youself around criminals, you'll be judged.

Regards, Tony