PDA

View Full Version : Pete rose signing information

jobathenut
03-30-2010, 01:50 AM
I am so excited as mr pete rose is coming to my town for a signing.I have always wanted to meet him as he was one of my boyhood idols when i played baseball.As he is the reason i started slidding headfirst.Anyways,i was wondering from anyone who has meet him at a signing if he personalizes.I don't know what i will have him sign as i don"t have anything now.But whatever i do get signed i would love to have him sign it to me.Now it's all about coming up with something great for him to sign.My brother told me he has been told that when pete rose does signings that he brings a ton of his items (photos etc) that you can buy to have him sign.I love getting unique things signed but this is just about meeting him and maybe if i am lucky my picture taken with him.I sure hope he is friendly.

Neal
03-30-2010, 08:25 AM
I have met Pete a few times, always very cordial (he is getting paid to be there :)) unlike other signers. Ernie Banks is another great signer.

Yes, there will be a ton of Rose items too choose from at the event.

Have fun, and good luck finding a unique item to get signed.

tacprc
03-30-2010, 07:14 PM
If Pete is signing at a sportscard show, then some of the dealers will have photos and other items for sale that you can get signed.

If Pete is signing at a private event, then the sponsor will normally have one item for Pete to sign, and he will only sign that item.

schubert1970
03-30-2010, 07:24 PM
I am so excited as mr pete rose is coming to my town for a signing.I have always wanted to meet him as he was one of my boyhood idols when i played baseball.As he is the reason i started slidding headfirst.Anyways,i was wondering from anyone who has meet him at a signing if he personalizes.I don't know what i will have him sign as i don"t have anything now.But whatever i do get signed i would love to have him sign it to me.Now it's all about coming up with something great for him to sign.My brother told me he has been told that when pete rose does signings that he brings a ton of his items (photos etc) that you can buy to have him sign.I love getting unique things signed but this is just about meeting him and maybe if i am lucky my picture taken with him.I sure hope he is friendly.

Where?

jobathenut
03-31-2010, 01:44 AM
Its actually a big autograph and sports card show in minnesota.Not just pete rose but others are going to be there.Johnny bench,rod carew,gordie howe,cris carter.dick butckis,mike modano,dave winfield,paul molitor,bud grant,the members of the purple people eaters and others.I don't know if the rules let you put links to the web site on the forum.But the name of it is "sports news shows".
Where?

jobathenut
03-31-2010, 01:48 AM
Thanks to those who gave me advice and information on how mr rose is at signings.I think i will just go the day before and pick something at the show to bring to the signing.I don't think i will find anything "unique" as i think as many shows as he does he has signed just about everything.And you would be rare to find something other than a game used items that he has not signed before.I sure am looking forward to it.I would love to get a black and white 16x20 of maybe that all star collision or just him sliding headfirst.

jobathenut
03-31-2010, 01:49 AM
Did he personalize items and sign it to that person.And did he let people pose for pictures with him? thanks
I have met Pete a few times, always very cordial (he is getting paid to be there :)) unlike other signers. Ernie Banks is another great signer.

Yes, there will be a ton of Rose items too choose from at the event.

Have fun, and good luck finding a unique item to get signed.

skyking26
03-31-2010, 01:58 AM
Did he personalize items and sign it to that person.And did he let people pose for pictures with him? thanks
I think this show is part of a Chicago based signing. Likely you can get a pic with him...if you pay and extra price. I'm sure Pete will sign a personalization...at an extra price...

WadeInBmore
04-02-2010, 12:19 PM
I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Pete Rose in Cooperstown while attending the Ripken Gwynn Ceremony. IMO, he belongs in the hall and thought it was the perfect place to get his auto!!! It was a really great experience for me, he signed the ball, inscribed it with his hits record and then even posed for pictures with me first and then my buddy who was with me. All I paid for was the autograph, you could pay extra for the inscription which I didn't do. It was the first time in a really long while that I got star struck and I think that probably helped me in the long run :D I don't think that I'll ever forget that day or that moment. Have fun and good luck!!! Remember to be a kid again.

wade

Neal
04-02-2010, 03:23 PM

like skyking pointed out, there may be a fee involved ;)

Have fun, and let us know how it went!

jobathenut
04-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the story.I just hope he does not get some clown wanting him to sign a betting slip or something stubid like that.I can not express how much i am looking forward to this.And i am sure i will get star struck also.And don't worry i will have no problem being a kid again proberly when i meet him.And its not even about getting his autograph,just getting to meet him and if i can get my picture taken with the legend that would be all i would need.And yes he beongs in the hall,enough already with the silliness of keeping him out if it.Thanks for the kind words and i will have fun.
I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Pete Rose in Cooperstown while attending the Ripken Gwynn Ceremony. IMO, he belongs in the hall and thought it was the perfect place to get his auto!!! It was a really great experience for me, he signed the ball, inscribed it with his hits record and then even posed for pictures with me first and then my buddy who was with me. All I paid for was the autograph, you could pay extra for the inscription which I didn't do. It was the first time in a really long while that I got star struck and I think that probably helped me in the long run :D I don't think that I'll ever forget that day or that moment. Have fun and good luck!!! Remember to be a kid again.

wade

jobathenut
04-02-2010, 06:08 PM
I guess i was just wondering if you have to pay for it.As all the web site says is bring your camera as all signers will pose for pictures.But as you pointed out i would not be surprised if they charge for that.Which is alright for me as i would much rather have my photo taken with him than his autograph.Thanks as i am sure i will have fun.
like skyking pointed out, there may be a fee involved ;)

Have fun, and let us know how it went!

2000mvpfan
04-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Joba-
Don't worry,it'll all be fine-especially if Pete's got his young,hot,Japanese girlfriend with him LOL!!
Anybody hear Pete on the Howard Stern Show last week?One of the better "interviews" Stern's done in a while..

Joe

jobathenut
04-07-2010, 01:45 AM
thanks joe ,i will take your word for it.I hope it all turns out fine.My brother has a gold glove special ball but does not know who to get-rod carew or pete rose on it.What do you think?............As for that stern guy,i am a opie and anthony fan so no i did not hear that pete rose interview.
Joba-
Don't worry,it'll all be fine-especially if Pete's got his young,hot,Japanese girlfriend with him LOL!!
Anybody hear Pete on the Howard Stern Show last week?One of the better "interviews" Stern's done in a while..

Joe

punch
04-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Pete is in town this weekend in Minnesota. Signing on Sunday.

Pete Rose (1:30pm - 3:00pm)
$59.00 Flats/Balls
$79.00 Bats/Jerseys/Numbers

punch
04-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Ooops, forgot the link.

http://www.sportsnewsshows.com/sundaylineupminn.html

murfsteve25
04-27-2010, 02:04 PM
Do guys like Rose, Bench, Morgan and any other Big Red Machine players ever do signings in Ohio?