PDA

View Full Version : Josh Hamilton #1 Draft Pick playing!!!

suave1477
07-03-2006, 11:13 PM
Hello Members,

Josh Hamilton was activated Friday to start playing again!!!
He was sent today for the first time to start playing with the Hudson Valley Renegades (Devil Rays Minors) against the Brooklyn Cyclones (Mets Minors).

He took Batting Practice today but didnt end up playing in the game, the managers wanted him to get comfortable being back.

I was one of the first people to meet him and got tons of things autographed by him, he was very nice!!!

In case your not familiar with Hamilton or his story.
He was a Phenom that went 1st Overall in the 1999 Draft Pick - He has all the tools a player can want, he is a huge slugger and great on the field and according to Analysts he has huge potential for the future.
Unfortunately he was banned from baseball by MLB due to drug issues a few years ago. Now MLB has given him another chance by letting him get limited Spring Training and Minor League experience before he can get moved up next season to the Pros as long as he keeps his act clean.

JimCaravello
07-04-2006, 01:48 AM
Living in Raleigh, North Carolina, I have been able to follow this kid since High School. He is the real deal - it's a shame what he has done to himself since he's been drafted. I hope he has his head on straight and can turn it around. This is probably his last chance.......Jim

nate
07-04-2006, 02:02 AM
What a talented kid. Loads of talent. When you talk to people who caught a look at his ability, they will tell you he is the best player they have ever seen play the game. Had the pleasure of meeting him a few weeks ago before he started working out and he's a good guy. He's still young. Should be interesting to watch.