PDA

View Full Version : Playball!

skyking26
04-05-2010, 09:01 AM
Ahhh, it is finally here. Nice night for Bosox fans last night. Tigers fans musta cringed as did I watching Granderson homer on his first AB.

Near 80 here in MI, but Tigers open on road. By the time they get home it will be back in the 40's I'd bet!

xpress34
04-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Rox open at Milwaukee this afternoon... short work week for me - Home Opener at Coors Field this FRIDAY!!!

All the best -

Chris

ironmanfan
04-05-2010, 10:09 AM
I'll be at the Orioles home opener @ Camden Yards this Friday....Can't wait!

MLB_Authentic
04-05-2010, 10:35 AM
And with that, the Royals and Nationals have officially been eliminated from playoff contention!!

tigerdale
04-05-2010, 10:42 AM
I'll be at the Tiger home opener this Friday!!!!!!!!

legaleagle92481
04-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Ahhh, it is finally here. Nice night for Bosox fans last night. Tigers fans musta cringed as did I watching Granderson homer on his first AB.

Near 80 here in MI, but Tigers open on road. By the time they get home it will be back in the 40's I'd bet!

Damon is better than Granderson so Tigers fans should not be too worried. Granderson is a great guy and has power and speed but he strikes out way too much, and is a black hole against lefties. He is what he is a guy who hits in the bottom 3rd of the lineup. Damon on the other hand is a tremendously underated player who bats at the top of the lineup and is a very good allaround hitter who plays at his best in big games and big spots.

LastingsMilledge85
04-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Granderson has more upside than Damon because of age. I don't think Granderson will return to his older form because it seems like he's been figured out and he has yet to make adjustments. Lucky for him though he did homer in his first AB so that should hold off Yankee fans until May before they get on him. Greatest part of that game for me was to see Schoeneweis back in action and contributed with pitching a scoreless innings of work.

legaleagle92481
04-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Granderson has more upside than Damon because of age. I don't think Granderson will return to his older form because it seems like he's been figured out and he has yet to make adjustments. Lucky for him though he did homer in his first AB so that should hold off Yankee fans until May before they get on him. Greatest part of that game for me was to see Schoeneweis back in action and contributed with pitching a scoreless innings of work.

Curtis has two more years after this one left on his contract at a very high salary and he is already 29 so he pretty much is what he is at this point. Damon would have been a one year or max. two year signing and during that time he probably will be the better player. Not that it matters because either is only like the sixth best position player on the team. I wish the Mets had these problems.

kudu
04-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Play ball indeed! Going to Tilted Kilt to watch Pads vs Dbacks.

BTW, Pujols just homered, so he is on pace to hit 550+ home runs this year:D

legaleagle92481
04-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Anybody have any predictions? Here are mine:

Division Winners:

Red Sox (I did not like their moves at first but the more I look at them the more I think they are a great all around ballclub), Twins (Until Nathan went down I saw them in the World Series but Jon Rauch is not a championship closer), Angels, Phils, Cards and Rockies. Wild cards: Yankees and Braves.

World Series:

Red Sox over Phillies because like last year the AL East team has better starting pitching then the Phils after the Phils number one starter.

MVPS: Mauer and Pujols. Cy Youngs: Halladay and Verlander.

xpress34
04-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Through 3... Ubaldo Jimenez throwing 'BBs'... 51 pitches (33 for strikes) - 17 pitches an inning... and Ian Stewart muscles up early going deep on Yovanni Gallardo to give Rox an early 2-0 lead at Milwaukee...

Keep it up Rox!

skyking26
04-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Just watched to Nats get their rear ends kicked by the Phils. No even contest there. Dunn had no clue where the ball was...

Sonny25
04-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Jason Heyward with the 3 run blast in his first major league at bat.

lol

xpress34
04-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Rockies win!!! Rockies win!!! :D

Rossi46
04-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Just watched to Nats get their rear ends kicked by the Phils. No even contest there. Dunn had no clue where the ball was...

The Nationals suck...People act like Stephen Strasburg is going to save that entire franchise. He won't help at all if the rest of the team is no good.

LastingsMilledge85
04-05-2010, 08:11 PM
I know it's just one game, but let's just say the Nats are in for another long season. Anyway, Garrett Jones hit two home runs in a Bucs win with Lastings Milledge hitting an RBI double on his birthday. Not too bad for the Bucs considering they did play the Dodgers.