Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kylehess10
    • Feb 2006

Back at it again.....2010 Turner Field Photography

I'll be doing photography at Turner Field again this season. During the offseason, I upgraded both my camera and lens.

Just like last year, if anybody would like to make requests for photos of certain players (whether visiting players or Braves players), then just name it! I helped make several photomatches with my photography, and this year I also got a bigger memory card and will be taking a little over 500 shots per game. I'm attending every series at Turner Field, so anybody can name a visiting player who will be playing against the Braves this year.

Here's just a few pics I took today at the Braves Opening Day:

Here's the swing for Jason Heyward's 3-run homerun in his first career at-bat:

kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
    http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/
  • Sincityson
    • Oct 2006

Re: Back at it again.....2010 Turner Field Photography

Kyle, incredible photos! Do you ever do freelance work for newpapers/media?
    Following Game Used/Worn auctions and team sales: www.twitter.com/gameused

Comment

• kylehess10
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Sincityson
      Kyle, incredible photos! Do you ever do freelance work for newpapers/media?

Nope....would love to though.

I talked to one of the ushers today and gave him a special card that I made for the ushers who let me sit down at the dugout level without a ticket (it's for them to get free prints) and he said he'll bring me up at the ushers next meeting to let everyone know about me. I'm hoping I could end up with a job someday with the team.
      kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:

Comment

• Sonny25
        • Jul 2008

Those are great!!

Very well done!

Comment

• HawaiiSportsNut
          • Dec 2009

Nice action photography. How do you like the D90 for sports?
          sigpic

Comment

• tigerdale
            • Dec 2007

Kyle you do great work & you are such a great forum member how you always help people out!! Thank you!!
            always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
            Thank you, Dale
            tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• sportscentury
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by tigerdale
              Kyle you do great work & you are such a great forum member how you always help people out!! Thank you!!
              I agree. And you seem to be doing everything right with respect to networking and developing relationships in order to get a job. I hope everything goes well for you. Best of luck!
              Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• kylehess10
                • Feb 2006

Thanks everyone!!

HawaiiSportsNut- I'm loving the D90 compared to the D80 I used last year. Even when I crank the ISO up, the noise doesn't distort the images one bit. Plus the fast shutter speeds of 1/4000 work great with capturing action.

Luckily I'm not having any problems with the supervisors so far this season with my long lens. The limit is 4 inches at Turner Field. My lens is somewhere around a foot long. I just hide it anytime I pass by a supervisor.
                kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:

Comment

• suave1477
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2006

Hello Kyle great photos your always helpful.

I have a quick question in 2 parts.

I know you follow the Braves and during the off season they picked up Eric Duncan from the Yankees. I heard rumor he could be a potential back up to Chipper Jones. Have you heard anything like that or any news on Eric?

Also if he is currently with them do you have any pics of Eric?

Comment

• kylehess10
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by suave1477
                    Hello Kyle great photos your always helpful.

I have a quick question in 2 parts.

I know you follow the Braves and during the off season they picked up Eric Duncan from the Yankees. I heard rumor he could be a potential back up to Chipper Jones. Have you heard anything like that or any news on Eric?

Also if he is currently with them do you have any pics of Eric?
                    I've never even heard of him before, and I can't find him on any transaction list on the Braves website during the offseason. I checked the major league roster, as well as Gwinnett AAA and Mississippi AA rosters. He's nowhere in sight. Omar Infante is Chipper's backup mainly.
                    kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:

Comment

• worldchamps
                      • Dec 2005

Did you get any good pics of Hank Aaron throwing first pitch to Heyward?
                      sigpic

Comment

• kylehess10
                        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by worldchamps
                        Did you get any good pics of Hank Aaron throwing first pitch to Heyward?
                        I actually missed it. Didn't even know it was coming. I had my wide angle lens attached to my camera so I could get a good panorama of the stadium during the national anthem, then Aaron came out so I couldn't switch lenses in time.
                        kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:

Comment

• worldchamps
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by kylehess10
                          I actually missed it. Didn't even know it was coming. I had my wide angle lens attached to my camera so I could get a good panorama of the stadium during the national anthem, then Aaron came out so I couldn't switch lenses in time.
                          There are no pics of it on getty either?? Too bad that would have been a great one

That is awesome you got Heywards first home run pic though.

Let me know if you come across any game used of him...probably too late on jumping on the bandwagon

rangersstars@yahoo.com
                          sigpic

Comment

• cjw
                            • Oct 2006

Kyle....great shots as usual! Too bad about missing Hank, he is my all-time fav.

Hey, I wanted to offer some friendly advice...coming from a guy that worked at a MLB stadium for over 10 years...not as a stadium employee however...but one that had access to the games and players etc. I may have pushed the limits of friendly stadium staffers over the years, trying to enjoy my hobby (collecting GU items) and while I am not trying to compare me with you, I wanted to suggest that you may want to extend your networking at the stadium to the supervisors.

This way you aren't putting the ushers at risk for reprimand (albeit, not serious reprimand, I'd imagine) when it is found that they have allowed a non ticket holder into their section. I am sure that your personality, people skills and passion for the game will win them over and you will be able to 'clear the way' for full use of your long lens, without having to hide it when they pass.

Another way, I have seen, to possibly provide you with 'press' credentials and allow you to roam the stadium and take all the pics you want, without issue, is to align yourself with a local (school, community) paper or on-line magazine/blog that would love to use your top-flight photography in their publications. If you can establish this relationship and then get this organization to help you with team approved press access, even its of the limited kind, it would pay off two ways for you - great access and a possible leg up to a paid career in the field?

Hope I haven't overstepped with my thoughts? Keep up the great work, and enjoy the season!

chris
                            WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

Comment

• bigtruck260
                              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by cjw
                              Kyle....great shots as usual! Too bad about missing Hank, he is my all-time fav.

Hey, I wanted to offer some friendly advice...coming from a guy that worked at a MLB stadium for over 10 years...not as a stadium employee however...but one that had access to the games and players etc. I may have pushed the limits of friendly stadium staffers over the years, trying to enjoy my hobby (collecting GU items) and while I am not trying to compare me with you, I wanted to suggest that you may want to extend your networking at the stadium to the supervisors.

This way you aren't putting the ushers at risk for reprimand (albeit, not serious reprimand, I'd imagine) when it is found that they have allowed a non ticket holder into their section. I am sure that your personality, people skills and passion for the game will win them over and you will be able to 'clear the way' for full use of your long lens, without having to hide it when they pass.

Another way, I have seen, to possibly provide you with 'press' credentials and allow you to roam the stadium and take all the pics you want, without issue, is to align yourself with a local (school, community) paper or on-line magazine/blog that would love to use your top-flight photography in their publications. If you can establish this relationship and then get this organization to help you with team approved press access, even its of the limited kind, it would pay off two ways for you - great access and a possible leg up to a paid career in the field?

Hope I haven't overstepped with my thoughts? Keep up the great work, and enjoy the season!

chris
                              I think those are some good points. Here's my take...

I am also a huge boxing fan Kyle. So - I created a site for local fighters...includes a forum, gallery, etc. Nothing too special (or expensive), but when I ask for press credentials, I have always recieved one. Been to several world title fights in a couple of states.

You may want to consider it at some point. You are young and probably have the energy and technical skills to do it well. Your Game used site is great...how about just a site for your photos?

For an amateur photog, you are really talented. The Heyward HR photo is something that might hang on his walls someday. All you need is a champion for your cause and the KID could be one - you never know.

D
                              Dave
                              Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
                              River City Redbird Authentics
                              http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

Working...