Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mbenga28
    • Nov 2008

2009 World Series jerseys with no MLB hologram

Steiner Sports has several Yankees game used 2009 World Series jerseys available, but with no MLB Authenticated holograms. have other World Series game used from previous years/teams also not have any MLB Authenticated holograms on them? I would assume that for one of baseball's biggest events, anything game used and sold to the public would have a hologram affixed on them. thanks.
  • LastingsMilledge85
    • May 2009

Re: 2009 World Series jerseys with no MLB hologram

Steiner does sell many items without MLB holos and just have their own untrackable holos.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
      Banned
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by mbenga28
      Steiner Sports has several Yankees game used 2009 World Series jerseys available, but with no MLB Authenticated holograms. have other World Series game used from previous years/teams also not have any MLB Authenticated holograms on them? I would assume that for one of baseball's biggest events, anything game used and sold to the public would have a hologram affixed on them. thanks.
      I think there is some sort of error as for Steiner the prices are very reasonable and why post them now months after the World Series? I find it hard to believe that some of the ones available have not sold at those prices. Also they have a Wang jersey and the guy was not even on the World Series roster and had not played in months so why would he dress for the Series?

Comment

• mbenga28
        • Nov 2008

I remember contacting Steiner several time after the World Series to ask about the jerseys and they said they were sold out, then a couple of weeks later some showed up on MLB Auctions and now this.

Was Wang with the team at the time, maybe he dressed up and was sitting in the dugout which would still constitute as game worn, right?

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
          • May 2009

Wouldnt surprise me if Wang dressed for the series because I'm almost certain Nady dressed for it and he played a day or two for the Yankees.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
            Banned
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by mbenga28
            I remember contacting Steiner several time after the World Series to ask about the jerseys and they said they were sold out, then a couple of weeks later some showed up on MLB Auctions and now this.

Was Wang with the team at the time, maybe he dressed up and was sitting in the dugout which would still constitute as game worn, right?
            I have the scoop. They cannot confirm they were used in the Series and suspect that they are regular season jerseys that had the patches added and were backup jerseys during the Series and the letter only states that they were used in 2009. That being said I am considering buying a couple because they are cool looking with the patches and they are not a bad price all things considered and who knows maybe I can get a photomatch to one of the Series games.

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
              • May 2009

You have a point with them being backup jerseys for the series because I think most of the players kept the ones worn if not auctioned. I do recall during one of the games that Teixeira wore a jersey sans the WS patch.

Comment

• mbenga28
                • Nov 2008

even as regular season jerseys with World Series patches added on, shouldn't they nonetheless have MLB Authenticated holograms? did they say exactly they can't confirm and suspect they were used in the regular season? that just doesn't sound solid enough for me to spend that money, even if it was used in the regular season only, well suspected to have been used.

Comment

• shafrancollectibles.com
                  • Jun 2006

The set with MLB Authentication - which authenticated the home jerseys to game 6 and the road jerseys to game 5 - were sold directly via Steiner and also via MLB Auctions. Having had a few of the homes in my possession, I can verify, for the ones I saw, that they had extensive use - I did photomatch a few coach's jerseys to game 6 at Yankee Stadium as well so I was very comfortable with that set based on the small sample I had the pleasure to handle.

I do believe there are 1 or 2 more jerseys from this set at Steiner including this Gaudin where you can see the MLB hologram authenticates it to Game 5:

Comment

• Lokee
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

bahahaha 1500 for Gaudin. Are you serious ? that is crazy.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Lokee
                      bahahaha 1500 for Gaudin. Are you serious ? that is crazy.
                      that isn't bad at all for a jersey worn during a ws game by a guy on the active roster the coaches even went for more than that.

Comment

• ereyes
                        • Mar 2010

I'm Efrain Reyes from Steiner Sports. I've sold a few of the WS jerseys and this is the story. Teixeira wore 2 jerseys on the road, in game 3 and 5 he wore a jersey without the WS patch and in game 4 the jersey had the WS patch, hence the question about the second jerseys with the World Series patches. All game 5 jerseys and game 6 jerseys that we recevied were authenticated by MLB. The jerseys that were up on my site yesterday had the wrong wording. The jerseys are 2009 game used with inaugural and WS patches. I do have a few road MLB authenticated jerseys available, if you want a list or have any other questions please let me know. ereyes@steinersports.com

FYI - this year we'll have a partnership with the Chicago Cubs so I'll have opening day jerseys available.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by ereyes
                          I'm Efrain Reyes from Steiner Sports. I've sold a few of the WS jerseys and this is the story. Teixeira wore 2 jerseys on the road, in game 3 and 5 he wore a jersey without the WS patch and in game 4 the jersey had the WS patch, hence the question about the second jerseys with the World Series patches. All game 5 jerseys and game 6 jerseys that we recevied were authenticated by MLB. The jerseys that were up on my site yesterday had the wrong wording. The jerseys are 2009 game used with inaugural and WS patches. I do have a few road MLB authenticated jerseys available, if you want a list or have any other questions please let me know. ereyes@steinersports.com

FYI - this year we'll have a partnership with the Chicago Cubs so I'll have opening day jerseys available.
                          don't take this the wrong way but this is the prime example of why you guys need an online verification system. on ebay in the next few months i guarentee that at least one of these jerseys will turn up as a gu world series jersey that the seller happened to 'lose' the steiner loa for and some unsuspecting sap will buy it because of the patch and the fact that it has a steiner hologram.

Comment

• mbenga28
                            • Nov 2008

so did Steiner receive these recently from the Yankees, I just don't understand the inconsistency in why some jerseys have MLB authenticated holograms while other do not.

Comment

• ereyes
                              • Mar 2010

Couldn't agree with you more legaleagle, i see them on ebay myself and cringe because i know some poor bidder that knows nothing about the industry would be taken for a ride. We are looking into different ways of deterring this from happening in the future.

Comment

Working...