PDA

View Full Version : What is Chauncey Billups game worn jersey size

air23forlife
04-07-2010, 03:40 PM
While played for Detroit. Thanks a lot.

sportscentury
04-07-2010, 04:00 PM
While played for Detroit. Thanks a lot.

It may have varied mostly across his time with Detroit, but he wore a size 52 plus 4 inches extra length. If you are looking for one, you may want to contact Kim and David Stigall at Ball Park Heroes. They had a nice one available a couple of months ago; perhaps they still have it. I remember the price was very reasonable (in the $375-400 range, if memory properly serves me).

sportscentury
04-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Geez, it is frustrating that we can't edit our posts.

I meant to say "It may have varied MODESTLY across his time with Detroit" (and not *mostly*).

Birdbats
04-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Here's a shot of the issued Billups jersey I once owned. It was donated to a charity auction by one of the Pistons' front office guys.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w232/birdbats/Jerseys/Billups.jpg

air23forlife
04-08-2010, 12:04 AM
Here's a shot of the issued Billups jersey I once owned. It was donated to a charity auction by one of the Pistons' front office guys.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w232/birdbats/Jerseys/Billups.jpg

Thanks guys. I know BPH got one on ebay. but size 52+6 if i'm not wrong. seemed too big for him. I thought it was their DIY item. I thought 48 or 50 would be good for him. Then I found one on GF auction, 52+6 too. That's why im asking here. And thanks Birdbats for the pic. I guess he can do 52 +4 or +6.

sportscentury
04-08-2010, 02:12 AM
First of all, BPH does not do DIY jerseys or any DIY items. They are one of the best in the business. You should conduct a search on GUU and see how much praise GUU members give BPH (and this can be a tough crowd to please). This is not to say that they are immune to mistakes. Everybody makes mistakes from time to time, but they do not do DIYs.

As to the size, my notes say 52 +4, but I certainly don't think 52 +6 is out of the question.

As a general comment, I continue to be amazed that Mr. Big Shot does not get more hobby love. The guy is endlessly talented, a born leader, and a proven winner, time and again. Good luck with your search.

air23forlife
04-08-2010, 05:51 PM
First of all, BPH does not do DIY jerseys or any DIY items. They are one of the best in the business. You should conduct a search on GUU and see how much praise GUU members give BPH (and this can be a tough crowd to please). This is not to say that they are immune to mistakes. Everybody makes mistakes from time to time, but they do not do DIYs.

As to the size, my notes say 52 +4, but I certainly don't think 52 +6 is out of the question.

As a general comment, I continue to be amazed that Mr. Big Shot does not get more hobby love. The guy is endlessly talented, a born leader, and a proven winner, time and again. Good luck with your search.

Thanks for the comment for BPH. I just found they still have Mr. Big Shot's jersey available. And it's 52+4. It's good to go, I guess.
And I have a question for you sportscentury (or anyone else). Hope you don't mind. I guess vintageauthentics.com's authenticity letters are not 100% accurate. Am I rite?

sportscentury
04-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the comment for BPH. I just found they still have Mr. Big Shot's jersey available. And it's 52+4. It's good to go, I guess.
And I have a question for you sportscentury (or anyone else). Hope you don't mind. I guess vintageauthentics.com's authenticity letters are not 100% accurate. Am I rite?

Honestly, I have no idea. I don't think I've ever looked at a single lot in a Vintage Authentics auction. Didn't even know they were still in business. Aren't they one of the auction houses that uses Lou Lampson? Do a search on GUU for "Lou Lampson" and you'll find everything you need to know. You will have bathroom reading for the next three weeks.

air23forlife
04-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Honestly, I have no idea. I don't think I've ever looked at a single lot in a Vintage Authentics auction. Didn't even know they were still in business. Aren't they one of the auction houses that uses Lou Lampson? Do a search on GUU for "Lou Lampson" and you'll find everything you need to know. You will have bathroom reading for the next three weeks.

K. Thanks a lot. They use Lou Lampson.