PDA

View Full Version : MLB Extra Innings

skyking26
04-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Just wondered how many folks have MLB Extra Innings here?

I called Directv, my provider, and was quoted a price of $191.94 for the season. WOW. Way outta my league. I guess I can't justify that price and how I'd consume that much baseball consistantly. I don't think I'd be able to, as much as I enjoy it. Someone had quoted me a price of like $140 during this special offer period (a friend), but I'm guessing that not to be accurate.

DTV does offer a sports pack; which is basically all the Foxsports stations across the country and capturing all the markets. That was $12.99/mth, and I could cancel it after 30 days and would likely keep it only during baseball season. Anybody have this?

Just thoughts. Always good to communicate with everyone here.

Best,

STLHAMMER32
04-07-2010, 04:27 PM

I called Directv, my provider, and was quoted a price of $191.94 for the season. WOW. Way outta my league. I guess I can't justify that price and how I'd consume that much baseball consistantly. I don't think I'd be able to, as much as I enjoy it. Someone had quoted me a price of like $140 during this special offer period (a friend), but I'm guessing that not to be accurate.

DTV does offer a sports pack; which is basically all the Foxsports stations across the country and capturing all the markets. That was $12.99/mth, and I could cancel it after 30 days and would likely keep it only during baseball season. Anybody have this?

Best,

For the value in the Extra Innings I think it depends on how much baseball you watch and if you have a favorite team that isn't on the local channels. Sometimes they will have a deal part way into the season at a discounted price though. Otherwise maybe look into getting the mlb package for your computer it starts off at $99 right now I think for the basic package....and that allows you to watch the games anywhere. This is really helpful if you travel or have a busy schedule because the games are then archived and you can watch games from last week or even in the past couple of years. It's improving each year and they continue to make changes for the better...Also what a tool for photomatching!

The problem with the Fox sports package deal is that I believe any games not considered local will be blacked out as soon as the games start. So if you live in L.A for example you won't be able to watch the Cards play on Fox Sports Midwest.

maccamania
04-07-2010, 06:32 PM

Best,

its a 179.00 unitil 4/11 here in south jersey from comcast, last year it was 169.00, regular price 199.00

skyking26
04-07-2010, 08:26 PM
its a 179.00 unitil 4/11 here in south jersey from comcast, last year it was 169.00, regular price 199.00
Yea, at $191 I'll pass. I'm lucky if I can stay awake to watch one game. Price is way too high considering the way the economy is.

schubert1970
04-07-2010, 08:38 PM
I think $200 is a great value. Almost half of NFL ticket.

ironmanfan
04-07-2010, 09:19 PM
I've gotten it for like 5 or 6 seasons in a row now and it's worth EVERY penny to me (I wouldn't see any Orioles games on TV otherwise); I always enjoy watching the other games when the Orioles aren't on (i.e. Vin Scully/Dodgers)...

Watching a game on a computer just isn't the same to me.....

skyking26
04-07-2010, 09:58 PM
I've gotten it for like 5 or 6 seasons in a row now and it's worth EVERY penny to me (I wouldn't see any Orioles games on TV otherwise); I always enjoy watching the other games when the Orioles aren't on (i.e. Vin Scully/Dodgers)...

Watching a game on a computer just isn't the same to me.....
I agree, I would not pay $99 to watch a game on the computer...

Luckily, most of the Tigers/Red Wings/Pistons are seen on a local channel, so need to pay for viewing them. I'm loving seeing the Twins every night. I'd only be able to see them on this $191 deal or $77.94 on a Sports package. The second may be a value as you can cancel it as you want; but only if it contained the Nationals Fox channel. I'm betting it does not...

dcgreg25
04-08-2010, 09:05 PM
it's worth EVERY penny to me .

Absolutely. I watch a few games a night. Now that they are adding several games in HD its even better!

redoctober
04-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Well worth it for any avid baseball fan in my opinion.

One caveat... be aware of potential blackouts before spending your cash.

Any team considered local will be blacked out on the MLB package. For example, if you live in Cincinnati, the Reds will be blacked out on the MLB package, but you can get them on your local sports package. This is not a big deal in most cities, assuming that you also have the sports package. Purchasing just the sports package will give you a bunch of sports channels (ie- Fox Sports for almost every major market). However, you need to realize that having Fox Sports Colorado does not mean that you will be able to watch the Rockies without the MLB package... Fox Sports Colorado blacks out during the games if you do not also have the MLB package!

Here is the kick in the nuts for me... I live in Las Vegas. We have no MLB team within 4 hours of my house. Despite this, 6 teams are considered "local" teams for me and are ALL blacked out on the MLB package!! I am blacked out of AZ (5 hrs away), SD (5 hrs away), LAD (4.5 hrs away), LAA (4 hrs away), SF (12 hrs away), & OAK (12 hrs away). On the Fox Sports package, LAD & LAA are considered my local team, so I can receive all of their games through the sports package. However, I CAN NEVER get AZ, SD, SF, or OAK games, including their ROAD games!! Ridiculous!!

However, I still fork over the money every year, as I am a baseball nut. I still get to see my Reds, except of course when they play AZ, SD, or SF!!

skyking26
04-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Well worth it for any avid baseball fan in my opinion.

One caveat... be aware of potential blackouts before spending your cash.

Any team considered local will be blacked out on the MLB package. For example, if you live in Cincinnati, the Reds will be blacked out on the MLB package, but you can get them on your local sports package. This is not a big deal in most cities, assuming that you also have the sports package. Purchasing just the sports package will give you a bunch of sports channels (ie- Fox Sports for almost every major market). However, you need to realize that having Fox Sports Colorado does not mean that you will be able to watch the Rockies without the MLB package... Fox Sports Colorado blacks out during the games if you do not also have the MLB package!

Here is the kick in the nuts for me... I live in Las Vegas. We have no MLB team within 4 hours of my house. Despite this, 6 teams are considered "local" teams for me and are ALL blacked out on the MLB package!! I am blacked out of AZ (5 hrs away), SD (5 hrs away), LAD (4.5 hrs away), LAA (4 hrs away), SF (12 hrs away), & OAK (12 hrs away). On the Fox Sports package, LAD & LAA are considered my local team, so I can receive all of their games through the sports package. However, I CAN NEVER get AZ, SD, SF, or OAK games, including their ROAD games!! Ridiculous!!

However, I still fork over the money every year, as I am a baseball nut. I still get to see my Reds, except of course when they play AZ, SD, or SF!!
Yea, this is absolutely ridiculous I must say. I'll pass on the $200 clams even though I have loved the free week I just had. I missed the 3-run bomb Thome had the other night as they "didn't show that game," and today I was watching the Twins but a friend in VA could not get it on this Extra Innings package. LOL.

One question: Do the Nats play on Foxsports in DC?

ironmanfan
04-10-2010, 11:35 PM
One question: Do the Nats play on Foxsports in DC?

They appear on MASN (as do the Orioles)

skyking26
04-11-2010, 10:30 AM
They appear on MASN (as do the Orioles)
I'll inquire with Directv, but guess that is not part of the Sportspack...