PDA

View Full Version : jason taylor possibly being a jet

legaleagle92481
04-08-2010, 10:36 PM
jets and fish fans, what do you think of the jets-jason taylor flirtation? and if he signs? i know he has insulted jets fans but i am really hoping he signs because the jets desperately need a better pass rush and even an aging taylor can provide that and the insults just proved that the fans were getting under his skin and doing their job as the 12th men and women. but if i were a fish fan i would feel betrayed because he was the best dolphin of the postmarino era by far and the jets are their most heated rival even though neither team has won anything in so many years. i always respected players who refused to consider certain teams out of loyalty to past teams/fans ala andy petite refusing to consider the red sox a few years ago or smoltz refusing to consider the mets.

gingi79
04-09-2010, 09:12 AM
I wish I was nieve enough to believe that future Dolphin HOF would follow in Dan Marino's footsteps and retire a Fish or sign with them.

As a Braves fan, seeing Jeff Francoeur in a Mets uniform or Dale Murphy in a Phillies uniform makes me want to spew. As a Canucks fan, seeing Mark Messier wear the beloved Orca and Pavel Bure wearing the damn Rangers blue was equally disturbing. I try to block those things from my mind.

I think the most comparable player is Packers fans watching Brett Favre in Viking purple. I absolutely hate the Jets and seeing Taylor in the aptly named Gang Green (a flesh eating disease) would add to my frustrations as a fan.

I never take trash talk and athletes at their word. Hell, I'd never pay to watch a Jets game in New York even if they play the Fish on principal but who am I to tell someone else to walk away from millions of dollars? If I was blessed by excellent genes and football skills instead of a rapier wit and debonair good looks, I don't know if I would be able to hang 'em up rather than keep playing for a hated rival.

Someone much wiser than me once said "Every man has his price" In other words, "I'll be a whore and do the opposite of what I claim my principles are for the right amount of money." I'd like to think I would stick to my guns but I'm not going to hate him if he signs with the Jets. I'll just boo the hell out of him. :p

JasonBanz
04-10-2010, 08:21 PM
As a HUGE Fins fan, the news of this kills me! I am and always will be a Jason Taylor fan. At first I thought it was just some rumor, but according to the Sun Sentinel, a deal is close. Now who knows what source it came from, but last year Taylor refused to go to any other team except Miami. It was home for him. I know the Dolphins have been dragging their feet on a contract with him. According to the Dolphins, they don't want to do anything until after the draft. I am hoping Taylor will be patient enough to wait until after the draft to get a deal. To me Jason Taylor will always be considered a Dolphin, but many Fin faithful will have a hard time accepting him if he becomes a Jet.