PDA

View Full Version : Possible photomatch?

flota89
04-09-2010, 05:42 PM
So I was looking through Jeff Scott's website today and noticed a picture he took of some Adam Wainwright bat knobs in 2007. I thought the one on the right looked really close to mine, so I got it out, and it seems to be the exact bat. My photo doesn't really show all the matches, but I think I have my first photomatch (even though it isnt a game or anything...just in his locker). Thanks for the website Jeff, it really came in handy today! Any thoughts?

Sorry about the red, it makes some of the things easier to see on my bat.

LastingsMilledge85
04-09-2010, 05:45 PM
I don't see any match on either of the bats.

suave1477
04-09-2010, 05:47 PM
I dont either

indyred
04-09-2010, 05:51 PM
The one one right is a possible match. Just not certain with flash, can't see grain that well. But 5 looks same, with how it trails off on bottom and 0 has same extra ink on the top.

flota89
04-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Granted my picture of the knob isn't the best but it isn't way too hard to see. Look at the bottom left of the bat. See the little hole in both bats. If you look in the bottom right you can see a pretty good ding in both bats in the exact same spot. The black dots all around the knob match up prefectly, but those are pretty tough to see in my picture and much easier to see in person. Look really close, because I didn't see it at first either.

flota89
04-09-2010, 05:52 PM
The one one right is a possible match. Just not certain with flash, can't see grain that well. But 5 looks same, with how it trails off on bottom and 0 has same extra ink on the top.
Yea the flash killed it. I'm going to try to get a better one a little later tonight.

Vintagedeputy
04-09-2010, 08:49 PM
The one on the right is an exact match in my opinion. All of the various marks on the knob match up perfectly. I cant believe that you guys cant see them. Its dead on.

Manram
04-09-2010, 09:04 PM
The 50 number looks the same. But the mark to the right is not the same in both pictures. On the left the 50 is much higher than the mark. On the right the 50 is even with the mark. At first i thought they were the same, but after i looked closer i could tell they were different. Nice bat though

flota89
04-09-2010, 09:08 PM
The one on the right is an exact match in my opinion. All of the various marks on the knob match up perfectly. I cant believe that you guys cant see them. Its dead on.
I was kinda surprised not many saw the match too. I realize my photo isn't the best, but it seems pretty dead on to me also.

flota89
04-09-2010, 09:11 PM
The 50 number looks the same. But the mark to the right is not the same in both pictures. On the left the 50 is much higher than the mark. On the right the 50 is even with the mark. At first i thought they were the same, but after i looked closer i could tell they were different. Nice bat though
I see what you're saying, but it's just the angle that the bat is at. With the different light/angle/distance it looks like it could be off. When you turn the knob perfect with the bat on the right, it lines up perfect.

Manram
04-09-2010, 09:28 PM
I see what you're saying, but it's just the angle that the bat is at. With the different light/angle/distance it looks like it could be off. When you turn the knob perfect with the bat on the right, it lines up perfect.

Could you please post some better pics of your knob.............

flota89
04-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Yea no problem. I will try to get them tonight or tomorrow, but it might take a little since i'm going to be pretty busy this weekend.

Vintagedeputy
04-09-2010, 09:34 PM

Pics of the bat's knob, not your knob. Its not that kind of forum. :)

flota89
04-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Here is a clearer one. This one really shows the match.

BunchOBull
04-09-2010, 09:56 PM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa77/bunchobull/Baseball%20Cards/batmatch.jpg

Manram
04-09-2010, 10:06 PM
I revise my earlier comment. I think it is a match

cigarman44
04-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Nice find Tyler!

flota89
04-09-2010, 10:29 PM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa77/bunchobull/Baseball%20Cards/batmatch.jpg
Thanks for putting those circles on there and thanks Joe and Manram. How did you get those on there?

billie-boy
04-09-2010, 10:48 PM
That is an absolute, positively 100% photo match.

LastingsMilledge85
04-09-2010, 11:31 PM
The "5" and scuff marks below the 50 don't match up. Could be the bat, but that's how I see it.

indyred
04-09-2010, 11:45 PM
Solid match. Can easily see now a number of identical markings. Pretty cool you spotted the photo on birdbats site and were able to use that photo to match your bat.

BunchOBull
04-09-2010, 11:45 PM
The "5" and scuff marks below the 50 don't match up. Could be the bat, but that's how I see it.

I agree they don't match up...something has happened between then and now...but it's the same bat. It almost looks as if the knob was sanded or ground into concrete.

flota89
04-10-2010, 09:15 AM
I think the scuff marks are just lighter now.

nationals2k9
04-10-2010, 09:33 AM

Agreed - looks good to me

Tim+Jeff
04-10-2010, 11:03 AM
good photomatch. looks alot like it!

flota89
04-10-2010, 11:27 AM
good photomatch. looks alot like it!
Hey do you two get autographs at Busch stadium? Names sound familiar. If so, i'm the kid that was looking through those bats at winter warmup. You can email me if you want.

gameused
04-10-2010, 12:58 PM
It's a photo match.....I can't believe others who posted would not call it a match, I guess some don't see the same things the majority of us see. Good job on finding that knob pic.

Bobby

LastingsMilledge85
04-10-2010, 01:40 PM
Oh no! Heaven forbid that I didn't see a match in the original photo shown and just saying what I originally saw. Yes it is a match, but the knob has slightly been altered after that picture (whether it was sanded or what). That's pretty neat that you were able to match the knob, I'm trying to dothe same with my Milledge pink bat, but unfortuantely can't mid any solid picture evidence even though I believe he only had one bat ordered.

flota89
04-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Oh no! Heaven forbid that I didn't see a match in the original photo shown and just saying what I originally saw. Yes it is a match, but the knob has slightly been altered after that picture (whether it was sanded or what). That's pretty neat that you were able to match the knob, I'm trying to dothe same with my Milledge pink bat, but unfortuantely can't mid any solid picture evidence even though I believe he only had one bat ordered.
Yea I see what you are saying. It looks closer in person, but it isnt' as dark now. Maybe he used it a little more and it came off or something. Good luck with the Milledge bat.

flota89
04-10-2010, 02:00 PM
It's a photo match.....I can't believe others who posted would not call it a match, I guess some don't see the same things the majority of us see. Good job on finding that knob pic.

Bobby
Thanks! It's really Jeff Scott's photo so he gets the credit. Thing is, i've had that picture saved on my computer since I got the bat and just now noticed it when I was looking through his site again.

LastingsMilledge85
04-10-2010, 02:54 PM
HasThad what I hate about the flash on cameras at times becase you clearly see a resemblence, but no one else can see it on the picture. One of those, you can clearly see it in person, but on the screen it doesn't appear. Nevertheless, very nice job searching for pictures.