PDA

View Full Version : Twins-Brewers Military Caps

indyred
07-05-2006, 09:59 AM
Did anyone see from the past weekend that these two teams used Military caps. Where the front part of the cap had Army/Navy ect on the front and the Twins/Brewers logo was on one side and flag on the other side. The Twins caps are already on mlb.com auctins. Haven't seen the Brewers surface yet. Pretty cool idea, the money goes to some type of charity.....Here is link to the Twins. I'm sure there young lefties lids and Joe Mauer's cap will go for some big $.

http://twins.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/CategoryDisplay?cgrfnbr=36915&cgmenbr=33306854&noMoreSubs=Y

suave1477
07-05-2006, 10:59 AM
Indy you do realize these caps are not Game Used?

indyred
07-05-2006, 12:38 PM
Indy you do realize these caps are not Game Used?
WOW, I didn't know that. I went back and checked MLB auctions game used hats and they show up under that listing? I wonder why they wouldn't auction the game used one's. The teams used these in both Saturday and Sunday's games from Metrodome. I wonder if people bidding in these auctions know these aren't the gamers. I just assumed they were from the games. It was weird watching highlights and seeing the different colored hats in play.....

suave1477
07-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Yeah it seems easy to get that impression by they way they are marketing it, but if you noticed no where in the title or the description does it say game used. They just say Autographed. When they do that it usualkly means its just a replica item autographed. Otherwise they usually would state Game Used or Game Issued.

indyred
07-07-2006, 09:51 PM
Mauer went for $1,300, Hunter $1,100 and change, Santana $1,100, Liriano $800.....I hope these end up being the gamers for the people who bid on them. No Brewers yet?

trsent
07-08-2006, 12:41 PM
The hats were listed under the Game Used category.

Even though there is no where that they are stated as "Game used", it should be remembered the people who write the description on mlb.com are not memorabilia dealers or collectors. They were listed under the Game Used category and the Caps category. I would safely assume that the caps were all game used. Someone should email mlb.com to verify this if they are concerned.