PDA

View Full Version : special events bats

sylbry
07-05-2006, 03:23 PM
How much of a premium do you think special events game used bats (world series or all star bat) add to the price you would expect to pay for a regular game used bat of a particular player?

suave1477
07-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Well thats really a vague question. They do bring in a premium higher than a regular Game Used bat, but its also the normal things too. Depends on the player? Depends on the use of the bat? Depends if it was used for a significant situation (Home Run etc....). Depends on the provenance of the bat?

Again it does bring more money for the significant events but you have to throw everything else in too.

Kid4hof03
07-05-2006, 04:31 PM
The special event bats you are talking about (all star and World Series) definitely bring a premium. It does depend on the player of course, I think it also depends on use. Many of these bats that I've seen and owned show little if any use. Getting these bats with great use is a difficult task and in my opinion definitely worth the premium. As an example, in 1996 Bernie Williams bats were selling for $200-$250, they jumped a bit after the world series. At that time I paid $750 for a Bernie ALCS bat that showed tremendous use and was very happy with it.

I'd pay a premium for any of these bats from players I collect and believe most other collectors agree.

Abe

indyred
07-05-2006, 04:43 PM
The Mother's Day pink bats went for crazy money. Are the WS and All-Star bats used in games have any special markings. Also, has MLB done anything before with bats like this past Mother's Day.

suave1477
07-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Indyred thats a great question you asked are the World Series bats specially marked YES and NO. Players are issued special bats they normally will say the Year and World Series under there name for Louisville sluggers, but remember its up to the player if he wants to use those bats. I have seen players use there regular bats for a World Series. With those I would imagine its a bit harder to prove they were actually used in a World Series I would think with those you would need REALLY REALLY GOOD provenance or a Photo Match.

I myself own a World Series bat used by the Yankees for the 2000 World Series / Subway Series. On the bat it says 2000 World Series.